Official N.Y. Yankees 2009 SEASON THREAD (103-59) WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

yes
pimp.gif

When I tuned into the game for a little last night while I wasnt watching football they was talking about the different situations. Since you guys will mostlikely have the best record you will have the choice of 1 day off or 2 days off, difference being using 3 starters in the ALDS or using 4. I honestly thinkthat Hank and the rest of the organization will continue to deny being wrong, and no matter who they play they are going to use the 4 man rotation so that Jobagets a start. Because if you choose the 3 man rotation for the ALDS and you advance, do you then bring him back out of the bullpen for the ALCS? Bringing himin and out of the rotation may or may not hurt him, but is the playoffs really the time to be experimenting?

I mean im all for the Yanks bombing in October, but to watch the whole Joba situation is tough. I dont think anyone in my recent memory has been babied/hurt byan organization as much as him. And I only say hurt because it is a possibility that this whole back and forth thing could hurt his career but as well on theother hand it could help, only time will tell. But they are putting his arm through a lot of +%## this season. Alls im sayin'

The prevailing theory is that the Yankees will go with three starters in the Division Series and Joba will come out of the bullpen. It's unclear whether wewill see 2007 Joba who can throw 97-99MPH or the "economical" Joba. They still want to limit his innings and I think any postseason innings heaccumulates will count towards that magical innings limit he has.

The bullpen has, for the most part, done well. They could do without Brian Bruney and I suppose Joba could fill his spot in the bullpen, doing eitherlong-relief or middle-relief in the 6th or 7th to set things up for Hughes.

I don't think Girardi has hinted towards which Division Series he will pick, in terms of off-days.

Originally Posted by briannnnn

The prevailing theory is that the Yankees will go with three starters in the Division Series and Joba will come out of the bullpen. It's unclear whether we will see 2007 Joba who can throw 97-99MPH or the "economical" Joba. They still want to limit his innings and I think any postseason innings he accumulates will count towards that magical innings limit he has.

The bullpen has, for the most part, done well. They could do without Brian Bruney and I suppose Joba could fill his spot in the bullpen, doing either long-relief or middle-relief in the 6th or 7th to set things up for Hughes.

I don't think Girardi has hinted towards which Division Series he will pick, in terms of off-days.
From what I've heard the Post season doesnt count towards that. He gets to start fresh in the postseason. Although if that is true and hiereally is limited for the post season then there is no Stoneface large enough or funny enough for the ways they have handled him. But again I dont think theinnings limit includes the post season.

Also like I said earlier if they do take the 3 starters series will he then come back into the roation for the ALCS. Its hard to see how that helps him but w/e

man i've avoided this thread for so long
laugh.gif

but as we get ready to meet again soon, i'm barging back in. glad to see AIF has kept a red sox presence alive in this thread
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

The prevailing theory is that the Yankees will go with three starters in the Division Series and Joba will come out of the bullpen. It's unclear whether we will see 2007 Joba who can throw 97-99MPH or the "economical" Joba. They still want to limit his innings and I think any postseason innings he accumulates will count towards that magical innings limit he has.

The bullpen has, for the most part, done well. They could do without Brian Bruney and I suppose Joba could fill his spot in the bullpen, doing either long-relief or middle-relief in the 6th or 7th to set things up for Hughes.

From what I've heard the Post season doesnt count towards that. He gets to start fresh in the postseason. Although if that is true and hie really is limited for the post season then there is no Stoneface large enough or funny enough for the ways they have handled him. But again I dont think the innings limit includes the post season.

Also like I said earlier if they do take the 3 starters series will he then come back into the roation for the ALCS. Its hard to see how that helps him but w/e
While listening to the game on the radio last night, it was mentioned by Suzyn Waldman (and I think Daily News reporter Mark Feinsand) that therewas a possibility that the Yankees will count Joba's postseason innings onto his innings limit. So, it does make sense to put him in the pen and have himpitch an inning at a time, or two innings, just so he doesn't surpass that limit.

I remember them talking about postseason innings, which is why I'm under the impression his postseason innings will be limited via being sent to thebullpen.

Reporters asked Mariano Rivera after the game if he is worried that Phil Hughes has given up an earned run in his last two appearances. Mo just laughed andwalked away.
laugh.gif

Meat-try against Doc Halladay tonight. Why is it that the Yankees face Doc 7247294829478 times a year while the SAWX always skip him?

/cue conspiracy theories that other teams tank against the Red Sox but go full-throttle against the Yankees

Oh yeah, the alleged 2010 Yankees schedule is on the internets. Looks like the Dodgers-Yankees series will now be in LA
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

I guess the schedule makers were afraid fans were going to spit in Joe Torre's Bigelow Green Tea.
eyes.gif

[h2]Yankees-Red Sox to open 2010 season[/h2]

Comment Email Print Associated Press

NEW YORK -- The New York Yankees will open and close the 2010 season against the Boston Red Sox at Fenway Park, just the fifth time in 50 years the rivals both start and finish against each other.

Most openers are set for April 5, Major League Baseball said Tuesday, but it seems likely ESPN will shift the Yankees and Red Sox for the Sunday night game April 4. In the past 50 years, the Yankees also opened and closed against Boston in 1960, 1970, 1992 and 2005, according to STATS LLC. The only times they both started and finished in Boston were 1938 and 1950.

Other AL openers April 5 are: Cleveland at Chicago, Detroit at Kansas City, Minnesota at Los Angeles, Seattle at Oakland and Toronto at Texas. Baltimore starts at Tampa Bay the following day.

All NL teams are to open April 5: San Diego at Arizona, Chicago at Atlanta, St. Louis at Cincinnati, San Francisco at Houston, Colorado at Milwaukee, Florida at New York, Los Angeles at Pittsburgh and Philadelphia at Washington.

Outdoor baseball officially returns to Minneapolis on April 12 when the Minnesota Twins host Boston in the first game that counts at Target Field. Minnesota is to host St. Louis in exhibitions on April 2-3.

Other AL home openers include Cleveland at Detroit and Toronto at Baltimore (April 9); Texas at Cleveland, Oakland at Seattle and Chicago at Toronto (April 12); and Los Angeles at New York (April 13).

In the NL, remaining home openers have San Diego at Colorado, Los Angeles at Florida and Atlanta at San Francisco (April 9); Milwaukee at Chicago, Washington at Philadelphia, Houston at St. Louis and Atlanta at San Diego (April 12); and Arizona at Los Angeles (April 13).

The 14th season of interleague play starts with series from May 21-23 and continues with interleague games from June 11-27. Among the pairings are the Mets at Baltimore in a rematch of the 1969 World Series (June 11-13), Atlanta at Minnesota in a rematch of the 1991 World Series (June 11-13), the Yankees at Arizona in a rematch of the 2001 World Series (June 21-23), Cincinnati at Oakland in a rematch of the 1972 and 1990 World Series (June 21-23), Boston at Colorado in a rematch of the 2007 World Series (June 22-24) and Philadelphia at Toronto in a rematch of the 1993 World Series (June 25-27).

The Yankees and the Dodgers, who met in 10 World Series, play in Los Angeles from June 25-27.

The Los Angeles Angels host the All-Star game July 13.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

[h2]Yankees-Red Sox to open 2010 season[/h2]

Comment Email Print Associated Press

http://
NEW YORK -- The New York Yankees will open and close the 2010 season against the Boston Red Sox at Fenway Park, just the fifth time in 50 years the rivals both start and finish against each other.

Most openers are set for April 5, Major League Baseball said Tuesday, but it seems likely ESPN will shift the Yankees and Red Sox for the Sunday night game April 4. In the past 50 years, the Yankees also opened and closed against Boston in 1960, 1970, 1992 and 2005, according to STATS LLC. The only times they both started and finished in Boston were 1938 and 1950.

Other AL openers April 5 are: Cleveland at Chicago, Detroit at Kansas City, Minnesota at Los Angeles, Seattle at Oakland and Toronto at Texas. Baltimore starts at Tampa Bay the following day.

All NL teams are to open April 5: San Diego at Arizona, Chicago at Atlanta, St. Louis at Cincinnati, San Francisco at Houston, Colorado at Milwaukee, Florida at New York, Los Angeles at Pittsburgh and Philadelphia at Washington.

Outdoor baseball officially returns to Minneapolis on April 12 when the Minnesota Twins host Boston in the first game that counts at Target Field. Minnesota is to host St. Louis in exhibitions on April 2-3.

Other AL home openers include Cleveland at Detroit and Toronto at Baltimore (April 9); Texas at Cleveland, Oakland at Seattle and Chicago at Toronto (April 12); and Los Angeles at New York (April 13).

In the NL, remaining home openers have San Diego at Colorado, Los Angeles at Florida and Atlanta at San Francisco (April 9); Milwaukee at Chicago, Washington at Philadelphia, Houston at St. Louis and Atlanta at San Diego (April 12); and Arizona at Los Angeles (April 13).

The 14th season of interleague play starts with series from May 21-23 and continues with interleague games from June 11-27. Among the pairings are the Mets at Baltimore in a rematch of the 1969 World Series (June 11-13), Atlanta at Minnesota in a rematch of the 1991 World Series (June 11-13), the Yankees at Arizona in a rematch of the 2001 World Series (June 21-23), Cincinnati at Oakland in a rematch of the 1972 and 1990 World Series (June 21-23), Boston at Colorado in a rematch of the 2007 World Series (June 22-24) and Philadelphia at Toronto in a rematch of the 1993 World Series (June 25-27).

The Yankees and the Dodgers, who met in 10 World Series, play in Los Angeles from June 25-27.

The Los Angeles Angels host the All-Star game July 13.

Came in here to post this.

Every year I feel like we play at Fenway 36 times and they only come to Yankee Stadium like for two series.
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

From what I've heard the Post season doesnt count towards that. He gets to start fresh in the postseason. Although if that is true and hie really is limited for the post season then there is no Stoneface large enough or funny enough for the ways they have handled him. But again I dont think the innings limit includes the post season.

While listening to the game on the radio last night, it was mentioned by Suzyn Waldman (and I think Daily News reporter Mark Feinsand) that there was a possibility that the Yankees will count Joba's postseason innings onto his innings limit. So, it does make sense to put him in the pen and have him pitch an inning at a time, or two innings, just so he doesn't surpass that limit.

I remember them talking about postseason innings, which is why I'm under the impression his postseason innings will be limited via being sent to the bullpen.

Reporters asked Mariano Rivera after the game if he is worried that Phil Hughes has given up an earned run in his last two appearances. Mo just laughed and walked away.
laugh.gif

Meat-try against Doc Halladay tonight. Why is it that the Yankees face Doc 7247294829478 times a year while the SAWX always skip him?

/cue conspiracy theories that other teams tank against the Red Sox but go full-throttle against the Yankees

Oh yeah, the alleged 2010 Yankees schedule is on the internets. Looks like the Dodgers-Yankees series will now be in LA
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

I guess the schedule makers were afraid fans were going to spit in Joe Torre's Bigelow Green Tea.
eyes.gif
Wow thats ridiculous if they count his post season innings against his inning count. Looks like he prolly wont pitch a full start for the rest ofthe season. Although I know things are guessed at but the official innings count has never been put out there. So you never know. But that is dumb to say theleast.

And I just have to add that I hate how ESPN pimps the $*@! out of our series. I hate their commentators and the fact that they black out NESN and YES! andforce us to watch that @*%*@**+ they shove down our throats on ESPN.

ESPN.................
25irxc4.jpg

/rant

He better not. I'm thinking about it, Boston game to start the year then LA in the middle of the year. WHO'S WITH ME?

::crickets::

laugh.gif

That reminded me of a middle school fight, no punches thrown and just wrestling on the floor.
laugh.gif

You right though, Jorge's probably gonna catch a few games.

girardi got duffed
laugh.gif

nice to see the yanks fighting again, if anyone on the jays got scratched it was Arod
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom