Official N.Y. Yankees 2009 SEASON THREAD (103-59) WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

i see this loss for CC as a HUGE blesssing. aint no way in hell CC was goin undefeated the entire second half without %+$%%%% up and losing game 1 of thedivision series. now that he got his loss i FULLY expect him to dominate game one, its just a matter of whether or not were gonna hit

Originally Posted by CarolinaPack04

i see this loss for CC as a HUGE blesssing. aint no way in hell CC was goin undefeated the entire second half without %+$%%%% up and losing game 1 of the division series. now that he got his loss i FULLY expect him to dominate game one, its just a matter of whether or not were gonna hit
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

^ That actually makes no sense.

...and FYI those stats belong to Manny Ramirez.
I think it does make sense. It's just like the 07 Patriots. If they would've had 1 loss, the pressure would've been off.

CC hasn't lost since early July. He was bound to get smacked up, and he did. Thankfully it was in the regular season and not games 1 or 4.

Now, I'm not saying he's a great postseason pitcher (cause he's not) but I think this loss is good for him.

GO TWINS!!!

u guys are buggin wanting to face the twins. twins are hot and are wayyy more dangerous than the tigers to me. remember hot teams going into the playoffs arealways the most dangerous. detroit is stumbling their way in, i'd much rather face them at a time where their not playing their best ball ........

Yanks would smack the Twins around they don't have a lineup to compete.

Detroit on the other hand......that's trouble (it never matters how you finish its all about matchups).

Detroit on the other hand......that's trouble (it never matters how you finish its all about matchups).
That's why we want the Twins. While the Angels and Red Sox fight til the death, we can beat the Twins (hopefully) and then be ready for a ALCSshowdown.

If we get the Tigers, they have a lineup and a SP that can shut us down. But after Verlander, I don't really see anyone shutting us down. Jackson will showhis true colors, Porcello is a rookie.

Originally Posted by onewearz

u guys are buggin wanting to face the twins. twins are hot and are wayyy more dangerous than the tigers to me. remember hot teams going into the playoffs are always the most dangerous. detroit is stumbling their way in, i'd much rather face them at a time where their not playing their best ball ........
I see what you're saying, but sometimes a team that's TOOOO hot going into the postseason is also a bad thing. They're burning out somuch right now, that by the time they get to the postseason, they're not gonna have it. And plus, they don't have the pitching staff to shut us down.And they're missing Morneau (though Maur is a killer). I think their lineup isn't as good as Detroit's.

The best thing we can hope for is a 1 game playoff between these 2, so the winner has to go to NY the next day and face us.

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

That's why we want the Twins. While the Angels and Red Sox fight til the death, we can beat the Twins (hopefully) and then be ready for a ALCS showdown.

thisss

(it never matters how you finish its all about matchups).

Rockies disproved that in 07 but Twins don't have that firepower they did. Just saying, we should not underestimate either of the Central teams.

In no shape or form will the twins beat us in the alds. No way. And to mez's theory of facing the "hot team" in the playoffs that meansabsolutely nothing at all there's been too many hot teams that cooled down a whole lot when the postseason began and a fair amount of teams that werestruggling into the playoffs and went and won the world series... 2000 yanks I think lost 14 of their last 15 and we know what all happened in that series

I always hate saying I want to face ____ because you never know what is going to happen.... Do you think Girardi will take the ALDS starting Wednesday orThursday??

I hope Thursday so I can watch the game
laugh.gif

i know these games dont really matter but i dont like losing 2 in a row or potentially being swept going into the playoffs

These losses haven't bothered me, actually...
laugh.gif

Just as long as they go full throttle into the postseason.

^
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Please do not hotlink our stuff. And please respect our copyright.

Alright guys. We need someone to make the ALDS thread when we actually find out who the hell we're playing.

May I take the honor? Or who should make it?

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

Alright guys. We need someone to make the ALDS thread when we actually find out who the hell we're playing.

May I take the honor? Or who should make it?

This ALDS thread - you want it? It's YOURS, my friend!

Screw that.....first come first serve

jk I really don't care who makes it.....as long as one of us makes it before a Twins or Tigers fan

Tigers vs. Twins 1:05 MLB network.. will be watching verlander choke away the tigers season... and will one of you guys post in the thread when joba comes outthe the pen.. can't be watching the yanks when tigers, twins, giants, and knicks will be on at 2
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom