Official N.Y. Yankees 2009 SEASON THREAD (103-59) WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

Reason for Home Run Derby in new Yankee Stadium???

YankeesOldStadium.jpg
YankeesNewStadium.jpg

those projections are a joke for the HR's...bad pitching causes home runs...sure sometimes wind catches a ball...but common people are looking for anexcuse...IMO

[h2]Nady will not need surgery[/h2] April 21
Via WFAN, Jon Heyman is reporting that Xavier Nady will not need surgery on his elbow and can return after rehab.

Good news for the Yankees. This protects them in the event that Hideki Matsui's knees keep him from playing later in the season.

No word yet on when Nady might be back. We should find that out later today. Check the game post for updates.

[McLovin]Wassup Ganstas?
mclovin-2.JPG
[/McLovin]

Tuesday 4/21:
LHP Dana Eveland (0-0, 6.75). vs. LHP Andy Pettitte (1-0, 2.51)., 7:05 p.m., MY9, WCBS 880, 92.7 WQBU

YANKEES (7-6)
Jeter SS
Damon LF
Teixeira 1B
Posada C
Cano 2B
Swisher RF
Matsui DH
Ransom 3B
Gardner CF

ATHLETICS (5-7)

R. Sweeney RF (.250)
Cabrera SS (.234)
Giambi 1B (.227)
Holliday LF (.267)
Cust DH (.286)
Chavez 3B (.125)
Suzuki C (.167)
Davis CF (.143)

News and Notes (from LoHud) (the more important ones, at least)..

- WELCOME BACK: Dan Giese was called up by Oakland on Saturday and will be in uniform tonight. He pitched in 20 games for the Yankees lastseason.
- Wang will pitch in Tampa in an extended spring game. He is not on the DL. They'll evaluate him then.
- Via WFAN, Jon Heyman is reporting that Xavier Nady will not need surgery on his elbow and can return after rehab.
Good news for the Yankees. This protects them in the event that Hideki Matsui's knees keep him from playing later in the season.

No word yet on when Nady might be back. We should find that out later today. Check the game post for updates.

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2009/04/21/nady-will-not-need-surgery/

UPDATE, 4:13 p.m.: Nady thinks he'll be out 4-6 weeks.

fans should give giambi a nice ovation , dude had some moments even though he never lived up to the contract ......

Originally Posted by onewearz

fans should give giambi a nice ovation , dude had some moments even though he never lived up to the contract ......
Remember the walk-off Grand Slam in the rain?
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bkmac

pimp.gif

i was at that game
pimp.gif

i was w/ my wife and she was dying to leave
laugh.gif
when he hit it we went nuts.

a more important giambi contribution was the 2 hr's he hit off pedro in game 7 2003. he kept us in the game before boone hit the walkoff
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bkmac

pimp.gif

i was at that game
pimp.gif

i was w/ my wife and she was dying to leave
laugh.gif
when he hit it we went nuts.

a more important giambi contribution was the 2 hr's he hit off pedro in game 7 2003. he kept us in the game before boone hit the walkoff
pimp.gif
And I was at that game!
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom