Official N.Y. Yankees 2009 SEASON THREAD (103-59) WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

You're making TBONE out to look like a pariah in here
roll.gif

I remember I made some post saying Joba needed to have a dominating outing like Hughes did (maybe not relating to Hughes but I remember saying he needed adominating performance) and Joba delivered. I'm still looking at both sides of the argument but you have to credit Joba for coming through big last nightand adding some credence to the argument he should be a starter.

• His other pitches are starting to get better.
  • His velocity is slowly picking up.
If he develops his curve to be as lethal as Hughes's was,
eek.gif

Proshares, I hope your boy Kennedy can make a splash too
laugh.gif

That curve Joba throws is already a really nice pitch, especially when he drops it in for a strike on first pitch, real nice compliment to the hard down sliderand the sick fastball (he also throws a change occasionally)

Kennedy is a non-issue this year I feel...he's hurt right now in AAA and should be trade bait by the deadline. The yankees have enough assets right nowwhere it would work to deal Kennedy, I don't think he factors in this year personally.

I like Joba as a starter right now but there's no denying his greater dominance as a reliever. I'm like 60-40 towards starter right now. Last night wasdope, especially innings 4-6ish where he just laid em down.

Tonight 4/30: RHP Anthony Ortega (0-1, 7.20) vs. RHP A.J. Burnett (2-0, 5.47), 7:05, YES

Friday 5/1: RHP Jered Weaver (2-1, 2.45) vs. LHP Andy Pettitte (2-1, 2.96), 7:05, YES

Saturday 5/2: RHP Matt Palmer (1-0, 6.00) vs. LHP CC Sabathia (1-2, 4.73), 1:05, YES, WCBS

Sunday 5/3: LHP Joe Saunders (2-1, 3.51) vs. RHP Phil Hughes (1-0, 0.00), 1:05, YES, WCBS

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

That curve Joba throws is already a really nice pitch, especially when he drops it in for a strike on first pitch, real nice compliment to the hard down slider and the sick fastball (he also throws a change occasionally)

Kennedy is a non-issue this year I feel...he's hurt right now in AAA and should be trade bait by the deadline. The yankees have enough assets right now where it would work to deal Kennedy, I don't think he factors in this year personally.

I like Joba as a starter right now but there's no denying his greater dominance as a reliever. I'm like 60-40 towards starter right now. Last night was dope, especially innings 4-6ish where he just laid em down.
Putting up a lot of runs against a team does help. Puts the other team in a
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
state where people just go up swinging wildly hoping forthat 28-run HR
laugh.gif

Of course this doesn't work all the time (9th inning last night) but a starter can definitely be helped if the offense can back him up.

I'm sure Bobby Abreu will get a nice ovation of some kind tonight.

Tonight 4/30: RHP Anthony Ortega (0-1, 7.20) vs. RHP A.J. Burnett (2-0, 5.47),7:05, YES
YANKEES (11-10)
Jeter SS
Damon LF
Teixeira 1B
Matsui DH
Cano 2B
Posada C
Swisher RF
Cabrera CF
Pena 3B

Pitching: RHP A.J. Burnett (2-0, 5.47).

ANGELS (9-11)
Figgins 3B
Izturis DH
Abreu RF
Hunter CF
Morales 1B
Napoli C
Kendrick 2B
River LF
Aybar SS

Pitching: RHP Anthony Ortega (0-1, 7.20).

Seems like something has to be wrong with Joba, he isn't even hitting mid 90's. Still, he is pitching pretty well but he needs to get some bettercontrol.

If we could win a series against the Angels that'd be nice. Seems like we never do anything against them.

Game is underway
grin.gif

Oh My God. Behind home plate is completely empty!
eek.gif
smh.gif
at the ticket prices, even if they were just lowered.

Originally Posted by Tuff G0ng

Matsui has been on FIYAAA.
pimp.gif
A 2 out, run producing hit, who would have thought the Yankees could do that
laugh.gif
grin.gif

1-1 going into the 2nd.

My friend IM'd me the trivia question they had on YES:

"20 yrs ago today, al leiter cried. who was he traded for?"

Originally Posted by briannnnn

My friend IM'd me the trivia question they had on YES:

"20 yrs ago today, al leiter cried. who was he traded for?"
Jesse Barfield, we should have never traded away Jay Buhner (word to Frank Costanza
laugh.gif
)

Originally Posted by Tuff G0ng

Feels good to be on the other end of Abreu's mishaps in RF.
glasses.gif
You beat me to it.

4-3 Yankees lead going into the 5th
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom