Official N.Y. Yankees 2009 SEASON THREAD (103-59) WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

Hopefully Mother Nature is fair to us tonight (actually, the whole week) and we get the game in tonight.

Hey fellas, do we have to welcome DeadsetAce in here for the next two games?
laugh.gif
grin.gif

Let's hope for a couple things:

Hughes (or Anthony Claggett) hits Jacoby Ellsbury right on the kneecap so that he won't be able to steal home ever again.
Joba gives Youkilis some chin music...might be enough to singe that beard of his.

grin.gif

The Yankees finally have a long reliever. Alfredo Aceves has been called up and RHP Anthony Claggett was optioned back.
http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2009/05/04/aceves-here-for-claggett/

Aceves is
pimp.gif
2-0, 3.80 ERA (10 ER) in 4 games (4 starts) and 18 K'sfor Triple AAA Scranton/Wilkes-Barre this season so far.

Scheduled pitchers for the week
Monday (Boston): Phil Hughes
Tuesday (Boston): Joba Chamberlain
Wednesday (Tampa Bay): A.J. Burnett
Thursday (Tampa Bay): Andy Pettitte

Monday 5/4: LHP Jon Lester (1-2, 5.40) vs. RHP Phil Hughes (1-0, 0.00), 7:05, YES, ESPN

YANKEES (13-11)
Jeter SS
Damon LF
Teixeira 1B
Swisher RF
Cano 2B
Posada DH
Cabrera CF
Molina C
Berroa 3B
Pitching: RHP Phil Hughes (1-0, 0.00).

Glad Swisher is back in the lineup, but why isn't Matsui playing? He has such a hot bat.

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Berroa at third base?
Girardi loves his lefty matchups I guess, and it seems he has a mancrush forming on Pena, trying to get him in the lineup the past 2 games,despite Pena's good play.
ohwell.gif

UPDATE, 7:48 p.m. The grounds crew is mulling around the field. But the tarp remains on and it's still raining.

The scoreboard camera is panning the crowd and some guy just flipped it off.

eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

i'm really bored right now. i was hoping the yankee game would save me but this rain delay is blowing mine
Tell me about it.

I was looking forward to the game yesterday. A Sunday afternoon game, watching the Yankees. But no.

Tonight's game, I was pumped for. But rain again.

Originally Posted by bkmac

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

i'm really bored right now. i was hoping the yankee game would save me but this rain delay is blowing mine
Tell me about it.

I was looking forward to the game yesterday. A Sunday afternoon game, watching the Yankees. But no.

Tonight's game, I was pumped for. But rain again.
laugh.gif

i feel you

its gon rain all week though
tired.gif

It's already 8:45, I don't expect this game to be played tonight (especially since typical Red Sox/Yankee games are 3 1/2 hours long, it's too latealready to start).

Thank God for the MLB Network. Switching constantly to live feeds of all the other games being played
pimp.gif

Fellas, we will have baseball! According to the LoHud Blog, first pitch is in 20 minutes (9:20)
pimp.gif

Wow I just came in here to complain about it still being delayed.
laugh.gif

Tough first inning, but Phil's stuff looks nasty tonight. Hopefully things smooth out going forward tonight.

Back
Top Bottom