Official N.Y. Yankees 2011 SEASON THREAD y-(97-65) Vol. We'll be in the Off-season thread =/

If you get it early again this year, let me know
pimp.gif

Last year I strongly considered trading in my 360 for a PS3 simply for The Show...but I didn't...it needs to be made for XBOX too

Last year I strongly considered trading in my 360 for a PS3 simply for The Show...but I didn't...it needs to be made for XBOX too

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

The game is made by Sony so that's not going to happen.
laugh.gif

The demo should be dropping within the next few weeks, can't wait to try out the new analog controls.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

The game is made by Sony so that's not going to happen.
laugh.gif

The demo should be dropping within the next few weeks, can't wait to try out the new analog controls.

Yankees first baseman Mark Teixeira says he will not waive his full no-trade clause under any circumstances, trying to put to rest speculation that he could be dealt to St. Louis for Albert Pujols.

"I'm not going anywhere," Teixeira said.

"I got that no-trade for a reason. I'm going to be buried in these pinstripes. You know what, I would be disappointed if the fans of New York weren't looking to make our team better, but they've just got to know I'm not leaving."

ESPN.com, citing a baseball official, reported earlier this week the Yankees would not explore a trade for Pujols.

Read more: http://baseball.realgm.com/src_wire...nts_to_be_buried_in_pinstripes/#ixzz1ERqlCSZe
smokin.gif

Yankees first baseman Mark Teixeira says he will not waive his full no-trade clause under any circumstances, trying to put to rest speculation that he could be dealt to St. Louis for Albert Pujols.

"I got that no-trade for a reason. I'm going to be buried in these pinstripes. You know what, I would be disappointed if the fans of New York weren't looking to make our team better, but they've just got to know I'm not leaving."

ESPN.com, citing a baseball official, reported earlier this week the Yankees would not explore a trade for Pujols.

Read more: http://baseball.realgm.com/src_wire...nts_to_be_buried_in_pinstripes/#ixzz1ERqlCSZe
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Originally Posted by onewearz

mark my words

IVAN NOVA WILL BE THE GOODS

i have this feeling that this kid is a gem, hope i'm right
Finally!  Someone else who has faith in players we already have and has no wanting to trade everyone for "names."

Nova has to figure out how to pitch more than five innings.

Pitching coach Larry Rothschild has said this bullpen is capable of making games feel like they're six innings for the opposing team.  Has faith in the group of relievers for the 7th, Soriano for the 8th and Mo for the 9th.
I think he has serious potential, he just needs some serious help though. I've seen him pitch some good games

Originally Posted by onewearz

mark my words

IVAN NOVA WILL BE THE GOODS

i have this feeling that this kid is a gem, hope i'm right
Finally!  Someone else who has faith in players we already have and has no wanting to trade everyone for "names."

Nova has to figure out how to pitch more than five innings.

Pitching coach Larry Rothschild has said this bullpen is capable of making games feel like they're six innings for the opposing team.  Has faith in the group of relievers for the 7th, Soriano for the 8th and Mo for the 9th.
I think he has serious potential, he just needs some serious help though. I've seen him pitch some good games

FYI Pro, grandpa, jrp and GHIMS, MLB 11 The Show demo drops tommorrow.
pimp.gif

And GHIMS aside from getting the HamilWho trophy I don't play The Show 10 that much anymore.

FYI Pro, grandpa, jrp and GHIMS, MLB 11 The Show demo drops tommorrow.
pimp.gif

And GHIMS aside from getting the HamilWho trophy I don't play The Show 10 that much anymore.

Originally Posted by Pysch

smokin.gif

Attaboy, Tex.
grin.gif

onewearz, wasn't it your wife who thought Tex was gay (back when he was still with the Angels or Rangers)?? That story still cracks me up now and then
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Pysch

smokin.gif

Attaboy, Tex.
grin.gif

onewearz, wasn't it your wife who thought Tex was gay (back when he was still with the Angels or Rangers)?? That story still cracks me up now and then
roll.gif

Proshares, a little something from LoHud about your boy Andrew Brackman
laugh.gif
grin.gif

[h2] [/h2]
[h2]Monday notes: Brackman impresses against live hitters [/h2]

Andrew Brackman is not new to Yankees camp. He’s a familiar face around here, and almost everyone in the big league clubhouse is long past first impressions of the tall right-hander.

But Justin Maxwell is new. He arrived in Tampa having only heard of Brackman, and today Maxwell faced the highly touted prospect for the first time in live batting practice. Maxwell’s first impression?

“Really good command,

Proshares, a little something from LoHud about your boy Andrew Brackman
laugh.gif
grin.gif

[h2] [/h2]
[h2]Monday notes: Brackman impresses against live hitters [/h2]

Andrew Brackman is not new to Yankees camp. He’s a familiar face around here, and almost everyone in the big league clubhouse is long past first impressions of the tall right-hander.

But Justin Maxwell is new. He arrived in Tampa having only heard of Brackman, and today Maxwell faced the highly touted prospect for the first time in live batting practice. Maxwell’s first impression?

“Really good command,

roll.gif

laugh.gif

yeah, but in her defense her gaydar is usually on point. she told me my cousin was gay when he was a baby and sure enough

36289_1306417903865_1333050001_30670186_4022463_n.jpg

roll.gif

roll.gif

laugh.gif

yeah, but in her defense her gaydar is usually on point. she told me my cousin was gay when he was a baby and sure enough

36289_1306417903865_1333050001_30670186_4022463_n.jpg

roll.gif

btw

anybody hear hanks little swipe at derek ?

heres the article from espn :

TAMPA, Fla. -- New York Yankees co-chairman Hank Steinbrenner thinks his team's celebration of its 2009 World Series championship may have lasted too long.

"I think, maybe, they celebrated too much last year," Steinbrenner said Monday. "Some of the players, too busy building mansions and doing other things and not concentrating on winning. I have no problem saying that."

When it was pointed out that Yankees captain Derek Jeter was building a large multimillion-dollar home in Tampa last year, Steinbrenner said he wasn't singling out any individual.

"I was just saying, maybe they were riding the wave of '09 a little too much, and it happens sometimes," Steinbrenner said. "This year in spring so far, from what I've seen and what I've been told, they've come in with a real, new drive and determination -- the kind they had in '09."

New York lost in the American League Championship Series last season to Texas after fading in the second half of the season and winding up with the AL wild card.

Jeter batted .334 with 18 homers and 66 RBIs for the Yankees in 2009. He slipped to a career-low .270 with 10 homers but did have 67 RBIs last season. The 36-year-old batted .231 in the ALCS.

After sometimes contentious negotiations -- in which general manager Brian Cashman told him to shop for better offers -- Jeter agreed to a three-year, $51 million contract in the offseason.

On Sunday, during his news conference, Jeter said he wanted to shift the focus forward. On Monday, Jeter continued working on his stride-less swing, which has been designed to allow him to drive the ball better than he did in 2010.

dude is an idiot sometimes
30t6p3b.gif

btw

anybody hear hanks little swipe at derek ?

heres the article from espn :

TAMPA, Fla. -- New York Yankees co-chairman Hank Steinbrenner thinks his team's celebration of its 2009 World Series championship may have lasted too long.

"I think, maybe, they celebrated too much last year," Steinbrenner said Monday. "Some of the players, too busy building mansions and doing other things and not concentrating on winning. I have no problem saying that."

When it was pointed out that Yankees captain Derek Jeter was building a large multimillion-dollar home in Tampa last year, Steinbrenner said he wasn't singling out any individual.

"I was just saying, maybe they were riding the wave of '09 a little too much, and it happens sometimes," Steinbrenner said. "This year in spring so far, from what I've seen and what I've been told, they've come in with a real, new drive and determination -- the kind they had in '09."

New York lost in the American League Championship Series last season to Texas after fading in the second half of the season and winding up with the AL wild card.

Jeter batted .334 with 18 homers and 66 RBIs for the Yankees in 2009. He slipped to a career-low .270 with 10 homers but did have 67 RBIs last season. The 36-year-old batted .231 in the ALCS.

After sometimes contentious negotiations -- in which general manager Brian Cashman told him to shop for better offers -- Jeter agreed to a three-year, $51 million contract in the offseason.

On Sunday, during his news conference, Jeter said he wanted to shift the focus forward. On Monday, Jeter continued working on his stride-less swing, which has been designed to allow him to drive the ball better than he did in 2010.

dude is an idiot sometimes
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom