Official N.Y. Yankees 2011 SEASON THREAD y-(97-65) Vol. We'll be in the Off-season thread =/

grandyman
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by onewearz

dam bartolo been throwing good, hope it lasts all year
He is a strikeout machine so far this season, very surprised by his appearances.

Originally Posted by onewearz

dam bartolo been throwing good, hope it lasts all year
He is a strikeout machine so far this season, very surprised by his appearances.

Originally Posted by bkmac

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

it's the pic we use for papelbon everytime he goes fox on us
And by "we", you mean AIF and yourself, because you two are the only inhabitants of that Red Sox thread
laugh.gif

Am I missing the reasoning at why Nova of all people came into the game in the 10th? I actually didn't see Mariano blow the lead/us lose the game (I had to step out earlier than the game ended).
It was a gamble.

Nova could give innings.  If Girardi took out Nova for Logan, the Jays would've countered with a righty pinch hitter.

Yes, it didn't "play to percentages" but sometimes you have to make that gamble and hope for the best.

A bummer that Rivera was not his usual self.  He's liable for a couple blown saves a year, so he's halfway to that quota.

Meanwhile, #ForeverColon doing what Phil Hughes couldn't do: pitch into the 7th.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bkmac

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

it's the pic we use for papelbon everytime he goes fox on us
And by "we", you mean AIF and yourself, because you two are the only inhabitants of that Red Sox thread
laugh.gif

Am I missing the reasoning at why Nova of all people came into the game in the 10th? I actually didn't see Mariano blow the lead/us lose the game (I had to step out earlier than the game ended).
It was a gamble.

Nova could give innings.  If Girardi took out Nova for Logan, the Jays would've countered with a righty pinch hitter.

Yes, it didn't "play to percentages" but sometimes you have to make that gamble and hope for the best.

A bummer that Rivera was not his usual self.  He's liable for a couple blown saves a year, so he's halfway to that quota.

Meanwhile, #ForeverColon doing what Phil Hughes couldn't do: pitch into the 7th.
pimp.gif

Bartolo Colon, Freddy Garcia, Russell Martin, Eric Chavez: looking good so far.

Kudos to Cashman for shopping at the Salvation Army Thrift Store.

HOWEVER, Mark Prior landed on the DL in Triple-A. A groin injury that is supposedly not so serious.

Sup, HTTB.
pimp.gif

Bartolo Colon, Freddy Garcia, Russell Martin, Eric Chavez: looking good so far.

Kudos to Cashman for shopping at the Salvation Army Thrift Store.

HOWEVER, Mark Prior landed on the DL in Triple-A. A groin injury that is supposedly not so serious.

Sup, HTTB.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom