Official N.Y. Yankees 2011 SEASON THREAD y-(97-65) Vol. We'll be in the Off-season thread =/

seeing jeter's decline makes me appreciate how good arod really is. dude been in the league the same amount of time and has not lost a step and seems like he's getting better.

i pray it's not " artificial " , but arod is without a doubt the best player of this generation
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by onewearz

dude been in the league the same amount of time and has not lost a step and seems like he's getting better.
You know, I never actually gave this a thought. The fact that A-Rod switched from SS to 3B at the age that he did, and is still playing at such a level defensively and at the plate, it says something about him. I can get on board with him being the best player of this generation.

Originally Posted by onewearz

dude been in the league the same amount of time and has not lost a step and seems like he's getting better.
You know, I never actually gave this a thought. The fact that A-Rod switched from SS to 3B at the age that he did, and is still playing at such a level defensively and at the plate, it says something about him. I can get on board with him being the best player of this generation.

People need to stop expecting Jeter to hit like he was back in the day. I think once they come to terms with that, it'll be easier for both parties.

Vintage Jeter hit though, getting the hands in quickly and going right up the middle.

I can't wait to get to the point of seeing Kyle Drabek pitch and not have to hear about his father
laugh.gif

People need to stop expecting Jeter to hit like he was back in the day. I think once they come to terms with that, it'll be easier for both parties.

Vintage Jeter hit though, getting the hands in quickly and going right up the middle.

I can't wait to get to the point of seeing Kyle Drabek pitch and not have to hear about his father
laugh.gif

I could be wrong, havent played baseball since high school, but I can remember hearing coaches always saying that catcher and shortstop are the most demanding positions on players' bodies. Maybe the switch to third is helping to prolong A-Rods career.

I could be wrong, havent played baseball since high school, but I can remember hearing coaches always saying that catcher and shortstop are the most demanding positions on players' bodies. Maybe the switch to third is helping to prolong A-Rods career.

Russell Martin behind the plate is nasty. Dude catches everything

as far as jeter, I've in my head, questioned his work ethic. He's been getting criticized for his hitting since last year and I don't know, just don't see a difference. To be honest he needs to hit a gym. He looks out of shape to me. You look at A-rod, and he's in great shape and you can tell he puts in work in the off season and takes care of his body. But jeter just looks sloppy to me. My opinion though. He's lucky we gave him the contract we did. But it looks like we overpaid him to be for real

Russell Martin behind the plate is nasty. Dude catches everything

as far as jeter, I've in my head, questioned his work ethic. He's been getting criticized for his hitting since last year and I don't know, just don't see a difference. To be honest he needs to hit a gym. He looks out of shape to me. You look at A-rod, and he's in great shape and you can tell he puts in work in the off season and takes care of his body. But jeter just looks sloppy to me. My opinion though. He's lucky we gave him the contract we did. But it looks like we overpaid him to be for real

Originally Posted by airjordan2k4

Catching is definitely true.  SS, maybe but definitely a little less grueling on the body than 3B.  It helped Cal stick around a little longer.  I think you do need slightly quicker reflexes to play third.  They don't call it the hot corner for nothing.

But A-Rod has always kept himself in very good shape throughout his career so that plays into it as well.

Originally Posted by airjordan2k4

Catching is definitely true.  SS, maybe but definitely a little less grueling on the body than 3B.  It helped Cal stick around a little longer.  I think you do need slightly quicker reflexes to play third.  They don't call it the hot corner for nothing.

But A-Rod has always kept himself in very good shape throughout his career so that plays into it as well.

Not a good outing by Mo tonight.

At least the game is still tied.

Not a good outing by Mo tonight.

At least the game is still tied.

Back
Top Bottom