Official N.Y. Yankees 2012 SEASON THREAD (45-28) Vol. 6/25-27 vs CLE .. CC to the DL, & now Andy too

Hey and now you guys can't complain about big name free agents Ska 
laugh.gif

According to Elias, Kuroda is the first Yankee since Bob Shirley in 1983 to throw at least 8 scoreless innings in his Yankee Stadium debut.

Biggie62:
Hey and now you guys can't complain about big name free agents Ska 
laugh.gif

We haven't been able to make that complaint for a while now, and I don't like it.
laugh.gif
Bartolo Colon, Vladdy, Jose Guillen, Matsui, Vernon Wells, Torii, GMJr, Pujols, CJ Wilson, Teixeira... no, they're not all superstar names, and they weren't all necessarily huge contracts, and they haven't all panned out (I'm looking at you, Guillen), but we've definitely picked up some firepower since winning it all in 2002. I mean, we've picked up talent in the past (Rod Carew, Reggie Jackson, Nolan Ryan), but we've never been 'in the hunt' of top free agents as much as we have since 2002, and I don't like it.
laugh.gif

Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuughes with back-to-back big time swinging strikeouts of Morales and Hunter to get out of the inning

Originally Posted by PauliePeppas

Hughes wont last in the rotation, belongs in the pen

Amen. Make him into the future closer or set up man. He's better when he can come in and turn up the velocity, he just isn't a starter.

Hughes was decent, three big hits. He'd fit better in the pen. Phelps looked pretty solid, definitely impressed me.

Bats are still sleeping

Back
Top Bottom