Official N.Y. Yankees 2012 SEASON THREAD (45-28) Vol. 6/25-27 vs CLE .. CC to the DL, & now Andy too

Originally Posted by Curious24

i dont know why darvish is not on the yankees. cashman is very overated gm.
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

I have Darvish on my fantasy baseball team, so I was conflicted this whole game...

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Bases loaded...nobody out...

we don't score...

This is what did us in, Darvish pitched a good game but %**% like this 
mad.gif
. We left too many men on base tonight, hopefully Phil can pitch a decent game and our bats can get us enough to get by.
Brian Cashman sucks

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Yankees vs a pitcher they see for the first time..always terrible

this.

guarantee next time we see him we hit him hard .

and jeter is beyond locked in right now, dude is swinging an ironing board out there ......

We should have Michael Pineda right now though

Yea, Cashman is overrated because he didn't shell out another $118 million on a pitcher this offseason.

- Cashman stressing MRi at time of trade and at spring was clean

- pineda out a full year, cashman tells writers. feel bad for the kid. this obvs explains why he was throwing 89 mph, not 99

- Jon Heyman - Mariners gm jack zduriencik texted me march 31 to respond about pineda's soundness: "We had no concerns at all''

- Cashman called it " a tragic diagnosis" but said they are optimistic for full recovery

- Cashman absolved Mariners, certain Pineda wasn't injured when trade made in Jan. Called it "unfortunate circumstance."

Our pitching is gonna be the death of us this year

Hughes belongs in the bullpen, so does Freddy
Kuroda is inconsistent, I'm not at ease when he's pitching
Pineda is out for the year
CC and Nova is our solid consistent pitchers

Never been a fan of AJ but never hated him either, he's easily better than Hughes and Freddy. He had good games last year and bad games. Hopefully Petitte can come back strong for us

Originally Posted by roboski

sircharles2ol3 wrote:
What a blow to the season...
30t6p3b.gif
Andy will need to be stellar.

When is he expected to join the team??

Live from Trenton: Pettitte schedule

By Andrew Marchand | Apr 25, 2012 5:19 PM

Nice night here in Trenton.We will blogging, taking video and writing a news story. We even have a crew here for Andy Pettitte's 85 pitches tonight.If you are looking ahead. There is a good chance, Pettitte will just stay with Double-A Trenton until he returns to the majors. If all goes well tonight, his next start will likely be on Monday in Portland, ME. After that, his final tune-up could be Sunday, May 6. That would put him in line to return either Friday, May 11 or 12th against Jesus Montero and the Mariners at Yankee Stadium.Pettitte's start, of course, has become even more important given the news that Michael Pineda is out for the year. Wally is handling that story in Texas.

VIA ESPN NY

No blame on Cashman or the Mariners for this. It's unfortunate. And ANYONE is better than AJ. ANYONE
laugh.gif

Fantastic... that's what I get for being excited and confident about the team.

Originally Posted by Proshares

No blame on Cashman or the Mariners for this. It's unfortunate. And ANYONE is better than AJ. ANYONE
laugh.gif

Couldn't disagree anymore, he wasn't that bad. Look at his stats, he had some great games and he had some bad ones. He stepped up in the post season when we needed him every time. I'd EASILY take him over Freddy Garcia or Phil Hughes now. His first game in Pittsburgh this year was great. He's like Tony Yayo, just cool to blame for everything.

Yea his first game in a gigantic pitcher's park in the NL with a pitcher in the lineup. Yes please let us overrate the hell out of ONE start.
laugh.gif
no one was defending AJ last year. Garcia outpitched the hell out of him last season. The guy had a lot more bad starts than good starts. A lot. I knew I'd be hearing this from some people
laugh.gif
it's easy to remember his 5 2/3 IP with more walks than K's in the postseason last year and forget the year before he got battered in the first round.

And yea, it's NY where $118 million ain't %+$%. It's not like Hal has been vehemently trying to get under the luxury tax line to avoid paying it anymore. Besides, we'd have to bid more than what Texas bid so it'd be probably closer to $130 million. For a guy who never threw a pitch in the majors before. I'm a huge fan of the guy but no, that's a silly price to pay for someone like that when you have a kid like Hamels on the market next year. It's not like we didn't just strike out with Igawa. It's easy to play this dumb %@@ blame game when hindsight is 20/20. It's April 25th and we're throwing Cash under the bus for not splurging on Yu and we're wishing for AJ back.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Yea his first game in a gigantic pitcher's park in the NL with a pitcher in the lineup. Yes please let us overrate the hell out of ONE start.
laugh.gif
no one was defending AJ last year. Garcia outpitched the hell out of him last season. The guy had a lot more bad starts than good starts. A lot. I knew I'd be hearing this from some people
laugh.gif
it's easy to remember his 5 2/3 IP with more walks than K's in the postseason last year and forget the year before he got battered in the first round.
I said his first game this year because I think he's gonna have a good year. He went 11-11 last year, 5 ERA. Not great but what do you think Hughes and Garcia are gonna do this year? Hughes' arm is DONE. Garcia is the definition of inconsistent. 

Back
Top Bottom