Official N.Y. Yankees 2012 SEASON THREAD (45-28) Vol. 6/25-27 vs CLE .. CC to the DL, & now Andy too

Nice night for Ichiro

I wonder if Ichiro switched to staying in the box rather than the Softball-esque swing if that would have helped these past 2-3 years as he's getting older, and his timing is a bit slower.

Of course it would be tough because he's been doing it 20+ years, but maybe would be easier for him

Last edited:
gametime fellas :pimp:

we rollin ....

yo pro stop being mr baseball when u come in here, this place is for homers and erratic opinions :lol:

jeter's gettin MVP, pete rose

YOU'RE NEXT B ITCH !!!!!!

Last edited:
I meant no he's not a runaway...You really think he's gunna runaway with it? If so :rolleyes
I guess I'm a homer since I think Miguel Cabrera is gonig to win it...Where did I say Jeter?

I agree on Cabrera winning it.

Trout 2.

If Cano gets extremely hot he may be able to pass Trout..

Jeter is having a great season, but has had much better.

I'm sayin, dude's response made NO SENSE to me lmao...Calling me a homer cuz I don't think Trout wins it (and runs away with it at that)

I didn't even mention Jeter, he has no shot.

I didn't say homer anywhere in that post. Miggy has a chance, sure. But Trout is a pretty decent front runner right now. RBI's are a meaningless stat so let's throw that out. In only 99 games Trout has better numbers across the board than almost everyone in the league. Just look at the stats for yourself. If you're a batting average and RBI ***** plus you don't care about defense, then sure Miggy is ahead right now. It'd be Trout - Cano/Miggy right now. The kid is destroying the field right now in any basic or advanced statistic.

Name Team G PA H HR R RBI SB BB% K% ISO BABIP AVG OBP SLG wOBA wRC+ Fld BsR WAR
Mike Trout Angels 99 454 137 24 96 70 39 9.30% 20.00% 0.265 0.387 0.343 0.405 0.608 0.442 185 5.2 4.2 7.4
Miguel Cabrera Tigers 121 532 157 31 82 104 4 9.60% 13.00% 0.261 0.333 0.331 0.397 0.592 0.414 163 -6.3 -3 5.3

I didn't say homer anywhere in that post. Miggy has a chance, sure. But Trout is a pretty decent front runner right now. RBI's are a meaningless stat so let's throw that out. In only 99 games Trout has better numbers across the board than almost everyone in the league. Just look at the stats for yourself. If you're a batting average and RBI ***** plus you don't care about defense, then sure Miggy is ahead right now. It'd be Trout - Cano/Miggy right now. The kid is destroying the field right now in any basic or advanced statistic.
Name Team G PA H HR R RBI SB BB% K% ISO BABIP AVG OBP SLG wOBA wRC+ Fld BsR WAR
Mike Trout Angels 99 454 137 24 96 70 39 9.30% 20.00% 0.265 0.387 0.343 0.405 0.608 0.442 185 5.2 4.2 7.4
Miguel Cabrera Tigers 121 532 157 31 82 104 4 9.60% 13.00% 0.261 0.333 0.331 0.397 0.592 0.414 163 -6.3 -3 5.3

I said no to him being the runaway MVP...Then it seemed like you implied that i thought it was Jeter when I didn't say a thing about him lmao.

I'm sticking with Miggy. Don't think Angels make the playoffs and that will be the difference.

If you think Trout will runaway (win by a huge margin) then IDK what to tell you...Think him and Miggy will be close.

Last edited:
RBI is an enormously meaningless stat. As is batting average. I thought this was becoming common knowledge and only old, stubborn baseball writers disagreed :lol: it's a stat that rewards the hitter for what the previous hitters in front have done. Just like batting average - a stat that counts singles, doubles, triples and HR's as the same quantitative value. You want to get a better idea of a player, look at the OBP - SLG - OPS - wOBA. RBI doesn't tell you anything useful about the player's performance. It tells you more about how much a player plays than anything and how often the guys in front of him get on base. It's determined by the players in front of you. Cano only has 68 RBI and is right there neck and neck with Miggy for the MVP.

EDIT - my mentioning of Jeter was in response to onewearz. And I believe that if you look at the stats as a whole, Trout is far ahead of anyone in the field right now. Wins Above Replacement (WAR) is one of the better barometers of a players worth, taking all stats and adjusting for park factors and opponents and he is very far ahead of Cabrera and Cano right now.

Last edited:
Trout's RBI numbers would be well above what they currently are if he wasn't leading off.  LA has been playing close to .600 ball since he was inserted in the lineup.  He's saving runs with his glove.

He would have to really struggle down the stretch for Cabrera to overtake him but he hasn't shown any signs of slowing down.

The one thing Miggy has over Trout is his performance in high leverage situations.

All I'm saying is the quote was, "Trout is THE RUNAWAY MVP"...

And I think there's no chance he RUNS AWAY with it.

Angels are done to me after what they showed this weekend, but obviously it's too early to say that (I hope they are). The Angels beat writer where I work will not be voting for Trout.

The way I always saw it was that there is more pressure to get a hit if there are people on base. Especially when losing in a game.

^ can't believe they sent Cano...like really? My man is incapable of running.

Good game so far, should have more runs on the board though.

Back
Top Bottom