Official N.Y. Yankees 2012 SEASON THREAD (45-28) Vol. 6/25-27 vs CLE .. CC to the DL, & now Andy too

Random: I met Tino Martinez at the apple store on 5th ave tuesday. Trippiest part about it: I watched game 4 of the 2001 world series the night before. Great game today btw, if we get the east title this year, will be one of the sweetest ones recently

I was ready to toss my drink at the bar TV when Mesa missed 3rd base. Keep intentionally walking dudes before A-Rod, he'll keep punishing you. I have a good feeling about this September/October. The team learned from that bad stretch of games. Learned that the HR is not the only way to score.

Next years rotation all depends on what happens this year. If they miss the playoffs, that "we're staying below $189 million" goes out the window. They'll splurge on Greinke. If they make it, I think they go after Dempster and bring back Kuroda and go into next year with CC - Kuroda - Dempster - Hughes - Nova.

I still have hope for Pineda but shoulder/labrum surgeries are so much more volatile than elbow. If he would have had Tommy John, I'd actually feel better about him. But labrum issues tend to resurface. I still feel like it was an even trade because of Campos who came over from Seattle and Montero has looked ******g AWFUL this year.

I think he'll be missed when he's gone but I can see it. Between being so streaky and no postseason success. We'll see how they work the OF next season between Swish's free agency and deciding whether or not to extend Curtis.

I think he'll be missed when he's gone but I can see it. Between being so streaky and no postseason success. We'll see how they work the OF next season between Swish's free agency and deciding whether or not to extend Curtis.
While we're at it, you're for or against a Grandy extension? Obviously depending on reasonable market price.

A lot of my friends (major Yanks fans) are done with Swish. You guys agree at all?

I think he'll be gone because a few teams will throw him more money than us BUT at the same time we are known to pay bums ridiculous contracts. Carl Pavano? :x

Word was Swish was looking for a Jason Werth like contract.. He's not going to get anywhere near that... In terms of years or money

At this point in his career, Swish is a product of the stadium and lineup..

I'm tired of them worrying about luxury tax... Like they won't already spend $184 million anyway

I think Swish's market isn't going to be as good as he thinks it will be.

Last edited:
While we're at it, you're for or against a Grandy extension? Obviously depending on reasonable market price.

I'm for it I guess but he's becoming Adam Dunn. I could see them getting BJ Upton and moving Curtis to right. But the strikeouts in that OF would be horrendous.

I'm for it I guess but he's becoming Adam Dunn. I could see them getting BJ Upton and moving Curtis to right. But the strikeouts in that OF would be horrendous.

Even though he's old.. Ichiro would be nice to have back... .335 and fits great into the lineup..

Gives us a good contact hitter, which other than Jeter and Cano (who is boarderline contact/power) there's no one else there.

Ichiro, Grandy & Swish (if he comes at a reasonable price) is still good.. With Gardner as the 4th outfielder giving rest.. And with Swish ability to play first, along with Chavez (who better be back) it can give Teix rest as well..

Of course I'd like Josh Hamilton... And I think he'd be legendary here (if he stayed clean) since we now are trying to save money I don't think it happens.. Even though everyone thought he'd be in New York.

Last edited:
A healthy Gardner is the second best out of that group though, he shouldn't be the 4th OFer and I'm not sold on Ichiro keeping it up TBH.

Josh is tricky, Texas is a place where if he messes up in his personal life it's not something that the media will dwell on there. They've done a five minute press conference and it was over with. I don't think he gets that here. Think it'll be smart for both parties if he doesn't come here.

I don't want BJ Upton. He bats a 235, that's some ****. Im sure once he put pinstripes on he'd bad 205

He bats 39 points lower than Ichiro and only gets on base .06 points less and he's about to go 30/30 after missing a month. Gun to my head I'd rather have him. I don't care for either TBH.

Ichiro = straight clutch. A big plus for the playoffs, we won in '09 because of clutch hitting.

Yup..

My dad who is a Mets fan, but will root will the Yankees as long as they don't play the Mets. Always says the key to getting ARod to become clutch is somehow getting him to have sex with Kate Hudson.. :rofl:

And when has Ichiro done that in the playoffs? BJ nearly carried the Rays to the title in 08. Like I said, I'd prefer both of them not here.

:lol: trust me, I feel you guys. I'm just unsure about both of em past this year. BJ screams the type that is going off for free agency and when Ichiro hits that wall again, it'll be a killer. I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him back as the 4th OFer to take Gardner's spot when he needs rest or speed off the bench or even if Gardner falls off next year but that may be at the risk of losing Ibanez.

annual rookie hazing , star wars this year :lol:

In the name of rookie hazing, the Yankees dressed their rookies up as characters from Star Wars.

New trainer Mark Littlefield as Chewbacca, Adam Warren as Han Solo, David Phelps as Princess Leia, Melky Mesa as Darth Vader, Cody Eppley as Luke Skywalker, and Kenji Nimura (Hiroki Kuroda‘s interpretor on his knees) as Yoda.

Back
Top Bottom