Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't recall reading a Woj article and not sensing his smugness through the screen. I look to him for breaking news and that's about it.

I can't recall reading a Woj article and not sensing his smugness through the screen. I look to him for breaking news and that's about it.

Dude definitely has a smartassness about him. The same could be said of Ken Berger, but at least KBerg is witty and amusing.

It be interesting if Bron did go back to Cleveland. But I see him wanting to stay. I think Wades health will factor and can Riley get they get young pieces for him going forward.

I do wonder will Bosh get traded. They'll be loyal to Wade and for sure fight to keep Bron there.

:lol: just saw the pistons fan on game time

Last edited:
If Tris and Waiters continue to develop... :nerd:

It's a huge if though.

I wouldn't mind seeing LBJ back in Cleveland in 2014. He has to win though. HAS to. Can't go back and lose.

Also, a lot of NBA owners are taking notice with the new CBA. You can sit here and say it's the specific owner Pera, but the man with the friendliest wallet in the NBA, Mark Cuban, has been very stingy with his money ever since the lockout.

Part waiting for a superstar, part not wanting to hand out absurd amounts of money with no real true investment.

I think TT is getting there. He's not gonna be an all-star, but I see him getting 14~15 & 10 in maybe next yr or so, especially if Varejao doesn't play for a lengthy period.

Waiters on the other hand, though... He definitely has the talent, but I dunno if he's compatible with other ball-dominant guard like Kyrie. When both of them are on the floor, I rarely see them working together. It's usually an ISO play for either of them: if one doesn't work out, pass it down low or pass it to each other. I kinda have this feeling that ultimately Dion will end up in another team.

NBCSports.com reporting Glen Davis is out for the season after suffering a broken left foot when he accidentally stepped on Iman Shumpert's foot.

Damn. Looks like Magic increased their chances for that #1 pick though.

Last edited:
Who the **** is hiding? :lol:
:lol:

DBD might be the only other person on this board that loves watching the Lakers lose more than I do 
laugh.gif

phil-gif.gif

Last edited:
Just read this too. I didn't know that the possibility of LBJ coming back to Cleveland was as legit as he claimed it to be. I don't know who else are FA in 2014, but LBJ + Kyrie + another piece from FA will make Cleveland an immediate contender. Probably a pipe dream though.
tongue.gif
I would love to see him go back and finish out there, even if he doesnt get a ring.
I wonder who will replace D12 in the ASG
nerd.gif
Kick that bum out and bring in StephGod

If I'm LeBron, I'm still rolling with Bosh and 32-year-old Wade over Kyrie, Tristan Thompson and a bunch of scrubs.

The Heat are a perfect fit for him at this point.

From what I heard, Woj was pissed off at someone in the front office. Probably Hollinger :lol:

And to say Chris Wallace has no say so anymore, he needs to dig a little deeper. The d league pick up, Chris Johnson, was Wallace's guy. I don't know what really happened with his involvement in the trade, I'll try to find out though.

One thing that did piss me off is the fact that the front office didn't call Rudy to let him know he was traded. I guess after you lied to his face a few times, they didn't have the balls to tell him.

I 100% feel the same way about Woj. That's why I stopped following him on Twitter. I find him very self-righteous a lot of times too.

Last edited:
From what I heard, Woj was pissed off at someone in the front office. Probably Hollinger :lol:

And to say Chris Wallace has no say so anymore, he needs to dig a little deeper. The d league pick up, Chris Johnson, was Wallace's guy. I don't know what really happened with his involvement in the trade, I'll try to find out though.

One thing that did piss me off is the fact that the front office didn't call Rudy to let him know he was traded. I guess after you lied to his face a few times, they didn't have the balls to tell him.

Did you happen to see my question yesterday? Why did they make this deal if they were already under the luxury tax? I assume Woj wasn't 100% that teams are just gonna start dumping players knowing they'll get paid anyway, so what drove this?

Improves depth, better fit next to Gasol/Z-Bo and frees up money. Now they can re-sign Tony Allen or whoever they choose with the MLE without having to worry about the luxury tax.

Last edited:
Can we just go ahead and make a Lakers forum already?

That **** is killing this thread.

there is already a kobe overrated thread and a lakers hater thread but they feel the need to post that crap in here.

just put the spammers on ignore. it works wonders for this thread

Pretty much what P said. I think they did feel like they would get better value if they were already under the tax, then tried to move Rudy. Whether that happened or not, I'm not sure. Also, they were going to have to pay Speights next year with a $4.5 player option (he was going to more than likely pick it up).

I think this front office goal is to not be those guys to overpay for everyone. There is a reason why Pera met with Conley and Marc. Those just so happen to be the two guys playing up to their contract value. I do think ZBO is up next in terms of being traded if the team doesn't go far in the playoffs. I do think we could've waited on a deal similar to this in the offseason, but obviously the front office didn't think Rudy's 40% shooting on a terrible offensive team wouldn't help come playoff time.

What this means is that the starters (especially Conley) and Bayless off the bench will have to be a lot more aggressive in looking for their shot. Bayless has been doing that since the Cleveland trade and I expect him to do it more with Rudy gone. I really wish we just had this front office LAST offseason and Memphis would've got even better value for Rudy, plus they wouldn't have re-signed Speights and kept Dante Cunningham in place of trading him for Ellington.

Toronto doesn't come to Memphis. They've already played in Memphis. Memphis goes to Toronto Feb 20th though.

- Memphis now has the 5th lowest payroll in the league, $8M under the tax
- 5th best record in the league

Roster looks like this...

Conley/Wroten
TA/Bayless/Johnson
Prince/Pondexter/Daye
Randolph/Arthur/Leuer
Gasol/Davis

They also have a $7.5M trade exception they can use to acquire a good player around the deadline.

I do think we take a step back for the time being until the new players gain some chemistry. I don't expect a huge drop off, though. I had us going 30-11 for the last 41 games after going 27-14 the first 41. I may move that to about 26-15, 56-26 record and remain the 4th seed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom