Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will never doubt the god Tom Thibodeau again. I thought the Bulls were going to sink after losing Rose, Asik, Brewer, Korver, Watson. This squad should NOT be 2nd seed in the East but that defense is TOO serious. I love watching that team play. Even Nate Rob is going off :smokin

Real talk its hard not to give Thibs the COTY award, even with Mark Jackson having those GS boys ballin.

Most incredible coaching job I've ever seen with so much talent missing or injured on a consistent basis.

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Bulls have been very impressive considering the players that are missing and/or traded away.

Kudos to Thibs for making it all work. :pimp:

Plus Rose is very close to returning :nerd:

Hope they make it to the ECF and give the almighty Heat a helluva series.

Last edited:
I'm just happy for Tayshaun Prince man. That dude must have cried tears of joy to finally be on a contending team again. This trade actually makes a ton of sense for the Grizzlies now that I think about it. Now that they made this trade they might match up better with the Heat than just about anyone in the league defensively. Put Tony Allen on Wade and Tayshaun on LeBron. Then you have Z-Bo, Davis and Arthur to match up with Bosh. Conley > Chalmers and Gasol >>>>>>> whatever the Heat put out there at center. As for the Raptors and Pistons.....I have absolutely no idea what they're thinking. The Raptors just gave Landry Fields way more than what he's worth, just re-signed Derozan and just drafted Terrence Ross. Plus they like playing Bargs at SF too. The Pistons I guess wanted cap relief so they can overpay more not so good players to terrible contracts in the future.

The Bulls are not that devoid of talent.

i totally agree

but when derrick went down i had people ask me who i was gonna root for this yr like i havent been a bulls fan since i came out the womb

people were saying we wouldnt make the playoffs & wouldnt be able to run with anyone because we "gutted" the bench mob

& Thibs has proven all the ney sayers & doubters completely wrong

i cant even get those same people to speak to me now(3 of the 5 were laker "fans" so i kinda have an idea why)

Last edited:
You guys are telling me the Bulls made the right call not tanking and holding Rose out 18 months?

isnt that how it looks?

tank to get WHO????

tanking was never in the bulls plans

Thibs would kill himself before a squad he runs tanks

...but it was the only plan for idiot espn watchers who were 1000% sure it was the only thing we could do

Last edited:
So question regarding this bulls team?

Does this overrate Derrick rose to an extent?

Are they a product of great coaching?

Or playing in the east?

Or a combo of everything?

So question regarding this bulls team?

Does this overrate Derrick rose to an extent?

Are they a product of great coaching?

Or playing in the east?

Or a combo of everything?
They have really strong defensive talent and decent offensive talent.  That's more than enough to hold a mid, even high seed in the East these days (really it has been for the last decade).  They're not championship contenders and it's hard to imagine them winning 7 against a team that can really score the basketball, but yeah....

A combo of everything. Rose is still a superstar. It just shows what good coaching and great defense will give you on a nightly basis. And Deng, Noah, and Boozer are still a very good trio, particularly in the East.

isnt that how it looks?

tank to get WHO????

...but it was the only plan for idiot espn watchers who were 1000% sure it was the only thing we could do

Oh, I know. It was probably the most idiotic line of thought this forum has ever seen.

I'm just happy for Tayshaun Prince man. That dude must have cried tears of joy to finally be on a contending team again. This trade actually makes a ton of sense for the Grizzlies now that I think about it. Now that they made this trade they might match up better with the Heat than just about anyone in the league defensively. Put Tony Allen on Wade and Tayshaun on LeBron. Then you have Z-Bo, Davis and Arthur to match up with Bosh. Conley > Chalmers and Gasol >>>>>>> whatever the Heat put out there at center.

What makes you think the new look Grizz will end up facing the Heat in the Finals? (just curious)

The West is stacked from 1-8 making the road to the Finals a daunting task for any contending team.

Last edited:
A combo of everything. Rose is still a superstar. It just shows what good coaching and great defense will give you on a nightly basis. And Deng, Noah, and Boozer are still a very good trio, particularly in the East.

Don't forget about capt Kirk and rip

:pimp: :pimp:

Hinrich, Hamilton, Deng, Boozer, Noah
Robinson, Butler, Belinelli, Gibson

That's some solid talent, and even better with Thibs at the helm.

What makes you think the new look Grizz will end up facing the Heat in the Finals? (just curious)

The West is stacked from 1-8 making the road to the Finals a daunting task for any contending team.

Seriously, a brand new-look Grizzlies aren't going to beat Clippers, Spurs or Thunder in a 7 game series.:rofl:

So you guys would've bet on the Bulls being the 2 seed at the all star break without Rose? :lol:

I know it's easy to say stuff NOW but I doubt even the most optimistic preseason predictions had the Bulls this high.

Honestly I thought the Bulls would barely be a 7-8 seed at this point in the season. Glad they proved all the skeptics wrong. :pimp:

Much love to the Chi. Word to MJ 23!

Last edited:
Who is going to score for the Grizzlies when the paint is clogged?

Thibodeau has gotta be coach of the year IMO, the job he's doing is crazy

" She know I specialize in D, Tom Thibodeau " :smokin

Last edited:
You guys are telling me the Bulls made the right call not tanking and holding Rose out 18 months?
isnt that how it looks?

tank to get WHO????

I said that they should have tanked
frown.gif
. I honestly though it was the best option at the time, instead of playing like a middle of th pack team and seeing no returns for it.
Originally Posted by henz0  

Who is going to score for the Grizzlies when the paint is clogged?

Thibodeau has gotta be coach of the year IMO, the job he's doing is crazy

" She know I specialize in D, Tom Thibodeau "
smokin.gif
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Tanking for one of the weakest drafts in the past 10 years (probably the weakest) would have made how much sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom