Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: this guy Royce Young really seems to go to bat for OKC players. That was a sign of growth because he needed a breather? I guess that's why he needed to flip the chair and walk away from the court, too.

No big deal, though. It will be forgotten by tomorrow. Russ going off the deep end with his play this spring - like two 4-18 nights or something - would worry me more than 'attitude'

Last edited:

:smokin

All the teams shown above besides the Hawks are in action tonight, so I think they will be wearing their throwbacks.

Last edited:
Y'all are crazy as hell if you think Russel Westbrook is even comparable to a 24 year old Kobe :lol:

Yes, I'm a Laker fan and Westbrook is one of my favorite players but hearing that is just :lol:

Did Kobe run Shaq out of town? Yeah he probably had a hand in it. Do you guys remember why? It was because Shaq was NEVER in shape. Tell me Kobe wasn't 100% right. Shaq fell off HARD once he left LA, he had the one solid Shaq year when they won it all but after that season ANY NBA fan could see he wasn't the same player. And although the Lakers had a rough 2 seasons, Odom was a much more effective player for a longer period of time coming from the Shaq deal, they drafted Bynum, acquired Gasol, added some more championship pieces and made it to the Finals 3 straight years and winning two.

People need to hop up off of Shaq's nuts regarding him and Kobe's LA situation. I'll be the first to admit Shaq was the more dominant player, but who wouldn't dump it into him every time when he's going against the likes of Todd McColough, Vlade Divac, Chris Dudley, Brian Grant, Matt Geiger, etc. night in and night out? Shaq wasn't the go to man in crunchtime, he wasn't hitting game winners like Horry, Fish, and mainly Kobe were. Shaq set the tone for the game and was the most dominant player in the league, but some of you guys need to stop acting like he had the talent of the Charlotte Bobcats as his supporting cast.

:lol: this guy Royce Young really seems to go to bat for OKC players. That was a sign of growth because he needed a breather? I guess that's why he needed to flip the chair and walk away from the court, too.

No big deal, though. It will be forgotten by tomorrow. Russ going off the deep end with his play this spring - like two 4-18 nights or something - would worry me more than 'attitude'

Exactly. Royce always tries to make everything seem like its ok when it comes to the Thunder players :lol:

I'm not going to overreact and say Westbrook is going to be the reason they never win anything, but there is clearly a problem with this guy. I think he would've been under control if Durant had more of a Kobe/MJ like attitude and wasn't so humble and cool.

Exactly. Royce always tries to make everything seem like its ok when it comes to the Thunder players :lol:

I'm not going to overreact and say Westbrook is going to be the reason they never win anything, but there is clearly a problem with this guy. I think he would've been under control if Durant had more of a Kobe/MJ like attitude and wasn't so humble and cool.
pot. kettle. homer :rolleyes

[quote name="AG 47"][quote name="DarthSka"]Shaq went on to another team knowing the team was someone else's (Wade's).

No, it wasn't 50/50 blame. he didn't have a problem deferring, as was proven by the very next team he went to.[/quote]He also reported to Miami in shape. Previous two seasons Shaq used the regular season to get in shape. But no biggie right?[/quote]If an ex-girlfriend is treating her current boyfriend like a charm after treating like her ex like s*** before they broke up, maybe it's because she was tired of his s***. :wink:

Bottom line (regarding the point I originally responded to a little while ago): Shaq went to another team and deferred. Period. "Oh, ska, it was just because..." blah, blah, blah. He did it... and that's something Kobe could never do. If Kobe is playing when he's 62, he will not be deferring to any of his teammates at that time.

I am I saying Shaq was completely innocent and it was all Kobe? Of course not. But 'all' or 'none' are not the terms I would use; I'd use 'mostly' and 'some'. Do I think it was it all Kobe? No. Mostly, yes. Everyone thought the problem was that Shaq wouldn't defer, and he went to another team and deferred.

Throwing a temper tantrum (showing up out of shape) because you have a teammate who you feel is not playing a team concept is an example of saying the right thing the wrong way.

[quote name="Do Be Doo"]Robert Horry - 7

One over Jordan. :pimp:

:rolleyes[/quote]Jesus H. Christ, that is such a clueless rebuttal. Every time I see it, it just shows me another person who doesn't get sports ast all. :lol:

Horry: role player
Jordan: central figure

Shaq: central figure
Kobe: central figure

And if you even think about saying that Kobe was a role player on those teams with Shaq, you will succeed in having a few more people put you on ignore, and justifiably so. :lol:

Stop comparing role players to central figures to support the weak argument that 'rings = rings'.

Last edited:
Jesus H. Christ, that is such a clueless rebuttal. Every time I see it, it just shows me another person who doesn't get sports ast all. :lol:

And if you even think about saying that Kobe was a role player on those teams with Shaq, you will succeed in having a few more people put you on ignore, and justifiably so. :lol:

Stop comparing role players to central figures to support the weak argument that 'rings = rings'.

Horry = The GOAT.

Jesus H. Christ, that is such a clueless rebuttal. Every time I see it, it just shows me another person who doesn't get sports ast all. :lol:

Horry = The GOAT.

Nah SKA's right....................

$%28KGrHqMOKpYE5dUtZ0oWBOd%28g9YdNw~~60_3.JPG

Last edited:
[quote name="MMG"]
I'd rather play with 24 year old WB than 24 year old Kobe. Kobe ran Shaq outta town. No way is WB gonna run Durant out of town. WB was wrong for what he did tonight but Kobe was unbearable to play with even after he won 3 championships.
Ill was worth you until right there, shaq won those 3.

Shaq-carries-Kobe.jpg
[/quote]Kobe won them, too, guy. :lol: Acting like it was all Shaq only shows that you either didn't watch the games, are terribly 'misremembering' the games, or you just absolutely hate Kobe. In any of those 3 cases, if I were any of the people on the Kobe side. I would literally never respond to you, because none of those 3 cases are worth engaging in conversion with.

he will always be an emotional loose cannon but thats russ, thats what makes him great.

Wrong. More execs would have kept Harden over Westbrook.

ESPN's Chris Broussard asked 22 NBA executives which player they would trade if they had to for financial reasons. Fourteen of the executives replied that they would trade Westbrook, while eight said Harden.

There's no way that you can read that and not think that it's due to his immaturity.

wrong.

theres a handful of ways i can read that and not think its due to his immaturity. :lol:

y u no give me photoshop breh? NTNEVERFORGETS

Jesus H. Christ, that is such a clueless rebuttal. Every time I see it, it just shows me another person who doesn't get sports ast all.
laugh.gif

And if you even think about saying that Kobe was a role player on those teams with Shaq, you will succeed in having a few more people put you on ignore, and justifiably so.
laugh.gif

Wade> Lebron 2 to 1 Both were central pieces

Pau > Karl Malone 2-0 Pau was the 2nd best player in both title runs

Kobe > Wilt 5 to 2 both central pieces

It's still a flawed argument w/o context

I love that Bucks jersey, I just don't know about the damn Bambi all over the chest man. :lol:

The color scheme tho is fresh as hell. A Ray Allen with the PE's. :pimp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom