Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
James harden and iguodala are the most overrated players in the league. Kevin Martin has averaged close to 20 points a game for most of his career, Jeremy lamb is a VERY promising player and they're getting two first rounders from a team that I don't see making the playoffs in the next year or two. Smh at the Rockets...but I guess it's worth the risk for a team that doesn't have much else going for them.

Andre Igoudala is overrated? And James Harden? Jesus.

Do you see how easily James Harden scores the basketball? Do you see him making plays for others? Do you see him slashing to the basket and getting to the line? James Harden gets to the line more times in a week than Nick Young gets to the line in a year.

Andre Iguodala is one of the most versatile players in the world, and is one of the best perimeter defenders in the League. He just has a weary jumpshot.

Buc Em trolling man. LOL gotta be.

For the present, I just don't see this trade being good for OKC and especially for Westbrook.

This thread is real, the other day somebody brought up Q-Rich's trade history. Cut the next day

DatZNasty said he wanted Hayward gone. Bam. Traded the same night.

:wow:

I legit dunno which I'm more shocked at. The actual trade coming outta nowhere, or, we got peeps in here giving Kevin Martin props.

Is it safe to say no one won with this trade?

Harden became 6 million richer, not exactly loose change there :rofl: ... And he'll obviously start with a PG that will create shots for him at a much higher rate. Let's just call it how it is, Harden wasn't thinking championship this off-season ... mindset was on Max payout! Frankly, I don't blame him. Not everyone is built or wired with that Championship grit!

No one should deny how great Harden was for OKC and how important he was.. but they're also incredibly fortunate that this is their FOURTH young star that needed a new contract. They already have an MVP candidate in Durant, a top point guard who is only getting better.. AND they have Ibaka.

While I think Ibaka gets too much credit for his defensive impact, the fact is he has the physical gifts to be truly dominant, he's still got a lot to learn defensively. If he develops his offensive game some more (which is pretty reasonable to expect), that should help tremendously.

I legit dunno which I'm more shocked at. The actual trade coming outta nowhere, or, we got peeps in here giving Kevin Martin props.

Exactly :x

We've been hearing the Martin having major potential argument since he got drafted. He's trash :smh:

Oh, the Rockets also traded Royce White & Terrence Jones too?

:lol: ya'll nit picking now. they didn't give 1 or so piece but its essentially the same. dwight howard is arguably the 3rd best player in the league. and james harden is.. what?

harden is no slouch, but dont front like his impact is anywhere near dwights.

Didn't say Harden's impact would be anywhere near Dwight's (which is very obvious), but you said the Rockets gave up for Harden for what they wanted for Dwight Howard...but there's like 3-4 extra Rockets guys who are missing from the original trade. At one point they were offering their 3 picks (who turned into Lamb, Jones, and Royce), along with (at one time or another) Pat Patterson, Marcus Morris, and Kevin Martin. Even Chandler Parsons/Donatas Mojetiunes names were thrown in cause the Magic kept insisting on "another young player". So nothing's nitpicking, those are facts :lol:

Just came in to say that K Mart's career is good as over unless he gets traded to lile the pistons or magic or bobcats
Kevin martin starting at the 2? sefalosha and lamb of the bench to rotate at the 2/3  spot(@ 23, and 17 mins respectively)?

kd (35mins)~27pts

russ (35)~22pts

kev (27)~15pts

I've never been sold on Kevin Martin either. He has never been on a winning team. He's used to getting 15 shots a game. He won't get that in OKC. He's gone in one year. I don't know how he reacts to being the third option on offense.

Wonder if Harden is gonna end up regretting turning down the extension. OKC should be fine especially if Lamb or those picks turn out to be something but I guess theyre out of title contention this year.

Didn't say Harden's impact would be anywhere near Dwight's (which is very obvious), but you said the Rockets gave up for Harden for what they wanted for Dwight Howard...but there's like 3-4 extra Rockets guys who are missing from the original trade. At one point they were offering their 3 picks (who turned into Lamb, Jones, and Royce), along with (at one time or another) Pat Patterson, Marcus Morris, and Kevin Martin. Even Chandler Parsons/Donatas Mojetiunes names were thrown in cause the Magic kept insisting on "another young player". So nothing's nitpicking, those are facts :lol:

But what did the Houston offer actually look like? Via SI.com, the Rockets were offering two first round picks and only one of their young prospects. Most assumed a Houston deal would include picks Terrence Jones, Jeremy Lamb and Royce White. Except according to the report, the Rockets were only offering one, or maybe two, of a pool including Jones, Lamb, White, Donatas Montiejunas, Patrick Patterson and Marcus Morris.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/e...he-rockets-offering-orlando-for-dwight-howard

2 first round picks? jeremy lamb? sounds about the same offer to me.

You would think that having friends would play a role too. Him, Russ, and KD seemed to be good pals. 52mil, contender, with good friends. I know we're talking about millions and ill never know what the actual situation is like but I'm looking at it like changing schools in high school. I'd be like no these are my people I don't wanna hang out with Jeremy Lin.
lmao

I've never been sold on Kevin Martin either. He has never been on a winning team. He's used to getting 15 shots a game. He won't get that in OKC. He's gone in one year. I don't know how he reacts to being the third option on offense.

I'm sure he's hyped about being the 3rd option on a contender than having to be the 1st option on purgatory's finest :lol:.

K-Mart's trash though? Like, trash? Damn, NT hates everything :lol: :smh:

But what did the Houston offer actually look like? Via SI.com, the Rockets were offering two first round picks and only one of their young prospects. Most assumed a Houston deal would include picks Terrence Jones, Jeremy Lamb and Royce White. Except according to the report, the Rockets were only offering one, or maybe two, of a pool including Jones, Lamb, White, Donatas Montiejunas, Patrick Patterson and Marcus Morris.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/e...he-rockets-offering-orlando-for-dwight-howard

2 first round picks? jeremy lamb? sounds about the same offer to me.

That was 1 of about 4 trade offers.

Last edited:
One thing many are forgetting, Eric Maynor comes back this year. Plus an improved Reggie Jackson.

Kevin MArtin gets to the line fairly often as well

Last edited:
Harden creating > Kev-Mart scoring...as a third option
That's fair.

But I'm sure OKC is banking on Westbrook and Durant improving their playmaking (along with Maynor returning). So in essence, it could be a wash in a way.

This thread is real, the other day somebody brought up Q-Rich's trade history. Cut the next day

DatZNasty said he wanted Hayward gone. Bam. Traded the same night.

:wow:
Cole Aldrich too.
Lets blame KD and Westbrook for signing max deals which in turn eventually squeezed out Harden.
Actually the exact opposite happened. Everyone took slightly less, wanted James to do the same too, obviously he declined.

Still don't get why Bennett and them so scared of the tax. The Thunder, and particularly Harden, are so popular they could pass a "Harden tax" and raise every toll by .50 cents and raise sales tax 1% for a month and we would gladly pay that **** and not complain while wearing corny beard merchandise and Thunder gear.

By the way according to Chris Broussard, our final offer was 55.5 million. So he got traded over potentially 1.1mil more per yr, which of course after tax is like 700k

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom