Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also;
How many teams have one a chip with literally no reliable inside scoring option?
How many teams have won a chip with their two best players being perimeter players?
Is it even possible to win a chip with max deals invested in three perimeter players?
All these questions lead you to only one reasonable answer; unless James Harden will take less to play in OKC, you have to deal him. Presti made the right call.
mike, scotie, 'insert random shooter'. They did this six times

ohwell.gif

I do however see your point.

*and dirk, terry, peja (don't even tell me that dirk is banging inside the key, dude is an oversized small forward)

Last edited:
Son Kevin Martin ain't no James harden, Kevin ain't putting buckets consistently like that and now all of a sudden he's coming off the bench not a good look especially in the playoffs. Ppl forget Harden was cooking the Mavs n lakers last playoffs point production is important

Why are people acting like Harden is Kobe? Yes he's insanely efficient but it's hard to be featured when you're playing with Westbrook and Durant. Defenses are going to really close in on this guy now and I see him sinking rather than swimming. He was perfect for his role in OKC. I don't see him as a guy that can carry a team, but we will see I guess.

This right here. Harden is good but his flaws will be exposed in a major way

Also;

How many teams have one a chip with literally no reliable inside scoring option?

How many teams have won a chip with their two best players being perimeter players?

Is it even possible to win a chip with max deals invested in three perimeter players?

All these questions lead you to only one reasonable answer; unless James Harden will take less to play in OKC, you have to deal him. Presti made the right call.

Wait maybe I missed something but the last two NBA champions just pulled off the first two.

- Martin is not as good as Harden. Nor is he as good of a fit for that team. Harden was the perfect complement to Russ as a secondary ball handler and distributor. You're not only losing his play-making ability but dumping more on to Russ' plate unless you want to go more with Maynor next to him, still a downgrade.

- 2 first round picks - great, but Dallas is Top 20 protected for five years? And Toronto's will fall trough 4-14? I struggle to see someone there stepping in and impacting a WCF or Finals series immediately, like within 2 years.

- Jeremy Lamb. Great, but again - are you putting him on the floor vs LA or Miami for anything important/substantial this year? Probably not. And this is working under the impression that he turns out to be a quality rotation guy. I also have to wonder if Presti asked for or was turned down on Terrence Jones instead. As a 4 man you can plug in the middle of Durant/Ibaka to go small, he would seem to be a more logical fit.

I think that's exactly what happened :lol: There was no way Morey (and McHale) would let Jones go based on both his PF position and his play in Summer League/Preseason. I guess Jamb became expendable in that way.

And I know that wasn't you who said that JA, that was somebody else as I was scrolling down

Wow, I totally forgot Houston can offer Harden the full five year max extension. Oklahoma City could only offer James a four year extension (Westbrook took the five year last year). So he's going to get a lot more than he ever could have in OKC.
@JonesOnTheNBA Harden can get up to 5yrs/$78M in Houston instead of 4 year $52 mil OKC offered. Significant difference.
WOOOOO

mike, scotie, 'insert random shooter'. They did this six times
:\

I do however see your point.

So throughout all of NBA history you came up with one team, with arguably the greatest player of all time in the back court? The exception that proves the rule.

I could see thunder picking up one those Utah jazz bigmen this year or next year will the flexiblity they will have

Also;

Miami, Dallas

Miami, Dallas

Miami, Dallas

Closest they came to posting up was just receiving the ball back to the basket 18 feet away, but still would reverse pivot and face up. A Shaq like lumbering, crab dribble backdown, jump hook type post player, haven't been one of those in like forever.

Also;

I get what you're saying, but it's not impossible.

Mavericks 2011. Heat 2012 is debatable, was Bosh that much of a inside scorer? The Jordan years. The Bad Boy Pistons.

It's possible, but it's so much easier with guys like Shaq, TD, and Hakeem.

People will find out this season Harden isnt as good as they thought he was. In OKC Guy comes off the bench, playing against other bench players for a good portion of his minutes. Defenses will go to work on him now that hes the go to on a mediocre at best team. Lets not forget his idea of playing D is flopping. Defenseless backcourt of Lin & Harden :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom