Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, Houston has to change their uniforms.:x

I've been saying that forever...Them jawns they wear now look like WNBA unis...Houston & the Suns have the worse unis...

These were so awesome in 2004...but good lord we need new unis badly now. It's not even the color or anything, it's that wide shoulder *** fit. A fit like Denver or Minnesota (which I guess is the norm) would be fine.

:lol:
Lebron
Durant
Howard
Westbrook
Rondo

Love
Irving
Rose

Lakers 2015/16 :rofl: But as long as the Mamba and the Potato are still there, it'll be :lol: :pimp:

Last edited:
Ya acting like they traded durant ,y'all bugging okc still the best team in the west,laker fans are the worst,almost as bad as Yankee fans,and I'm a Yankees fan smh,glad they traded harden.durant needs more touches no more taking a back seat.hardens disappearing act in the finals proved that.

At the end of the day....the lakers added Nash and Dwight. Heat added Jesus. OKC traded Harden.

Also, no Harden means more turnovers from Westbrook.

Clippers? OKC is still 10x better than the Clippers with or without Harden.

Yet the Clippers beat OKC 3 out of 4 times when they played last season, with Harden. Go figure.

didnt know regular season meant anything.... :rolleyes

Well neither of them won the championship, and they didnt matchup in the playoffs soooo...... But yes, teams still play to win in the regular season, and if people didnt care there wouldnt be a 2012-2012 season thread

Last edited:
If some of y'all really think OKC will be ok without Harden's playmaking, something is wrong. I said a while back that they should've moved Ibaka or Perk before Harden. He's just too valuable for the way that team plays. They are going to rely on Maynor alot to make plays because I know they don't trust Westbrook.
An even bigger question is what will happen next offseason when Martin is gone?
I was always a fan of Lamb, so I still like the deal for OKC. Honestly, if Houston offered that same package for Rudy, I would want Memphis to do it. But, I don't necessarily agree with OKC making the move right now. Just weird timing. This could be the first move to really mess OKC up.
1. who the hell wants perk?

2. maybe back at draft time they should of done the deal ya, but when is a good time? who says OKC can work out a deal with trades in the offseason? people keep saying wait till the offseason. why?
Kevin Martin will be fine. Actually in his matchups against Kobe, their point totals has been pretty even since 2008. I'm not saying hes a star and I'm not saying that he is equal to Harden, but if he can give them 10-15 ppg, how can anybody complain? His injury proneness will be less of an issue since he will be playing way less minutes. I did think they should have tried to turn Harden and Perk into Joakim Noah though.
if your going to trade for noah and his contract then you might as well just pay harden. the point of trading harden is to save money and still be a top team for now and the future. if he threw harden on the block he could get alot of offers many been ones that would still cost OKC $$

Last edited:
you really think PJ3 would be on the floor in crunch time this year vs say, LA or Miami and Pau/LeBron? I don't think there's any chance of that, and that's what will matter for OKC.

If some of y'all really think OKC will be ok without Harden's playmaking, something is wrong. I said a while back that they should've moved Ibaka or Perk before Harden. He's just too valuable for the way that team plays. They are going to rely on Maynor alot to make plays because I know they don't trust Westbrook.

An even bigger question is what will happen next offseason when Martin is gone?

I was always a fan of Lamb, so I still like the deal for OKC. Honestly, if Houston offered that same package for Rudy, I would want Memphis to do it. But, I don't necessarily agree with OKC making the move right now. Just weird timing. This could be the first move to really mess OKC up.

1. who the hell wants perk?

2. maybe back at draft time they should of done the deal ya, but when is a good time? who says OKC can work out a deal with trades in the offseason? people keep saying wait till the offseason. why?

Kevin Martin will be fine. Actually in his matchups against Kobe, their point totals has been pretty even since 2008. I'm not saying hes a star and I'm not saying that he is equal to Harden, but if he can give them 10-15 ppg, how can anybody complain? His injury proneness will be less of an issue since he will be playing way less minutes. I did think they should have tried to turn Harden and Perk into Joakim Noah though.

if your going to trade for noah and his contract then you might as well just pay harden. the point of trading harden is to save money and still be a top team for now and the future. if he threw harden on the block he could get alot of offers many been onces that would still cost OKC $$

right but Noah fills a huge need for them. Athleticism, defense, and SCORING in the post. Noah isnt a huge scorer, but he is light years ahead of Perk, while still being a great defender.

And as far as people saying that KMart doesnt get to the line.....He shot 594 FT's last year. I'm pretty sure he led the league in FT attempts.

Last edited:
you really think PJ3 would be on the floor in crunch time this year vs say, LA or Miami and Pau/LeBron? I don't think there's any chance of that, and that's what will matter for OKC.
hell no he wont i dont even know why someone threw that out. PJ3 is a project. you dont feel lamb could be tho? his best year was when he was a 2nd/3rd option on UCONN.

if anything i can see Brooks ending 5 as

Maynor
Westbrook
Sepholosha (sp?)
Durant
Ibaka

Hey_

Does anyone else feel that it ain't OKC givin' up on Harden,

but Harden givin' up on OKC?

Julius F. Wrek

Great trade for both teams.

Okc gets some value for Harden, seeing as they felt he wasn't going to resign with them for less money. They get a productive player in Kevin Martin, and a really promising rooking in Jeremy Lamb who in 3 years could be the next James Harden for them or even better.

H Town gets a guy who could potentially be a 20 point per game scorer in this league. He's shown flashes on both ends of the floor as being a person who can defend, get to the line, shoot it from deep, and play some point. Only time will tell if he can fulfill that role as the go to guy, but this is a risk that could potentially turn the Rockets in the right direction.

Rockets, Morey Had Been Pursuing Harden Trade For Months
Oct 28, 2012 1:52 PM EDT

Houston Rockets general manager Daryl Morey had been calling Sam Presti to discuss a trade for James Harden for months.

But the Oklahoma City Thunder wanted to sign Harden to an extension to keep their core in place.

Over the past few days, Presti finally began to engage Morey on trade talks because extension talks had reached an impasse where they would move Harden if he turned down the final offer from the Thunder ownership.

Harden's agent, Rob Pelinka, flew to Oklahoma City on Friday for a sit-down meeting with Presti. Pelinka was seeking a four-year, $60 million max contract and was pushing to get as close to that number as possible.

Presti was already discussing a trade with Morey and proposed Harden for Kevin Martin, Chandler Parsons, Jeremy Lamb and three first-round picks, including Houston's own in 2013.

The eventually agreed upon deal was for Martin, Lamb and two first-round picks, including a guaranteed lottery pick via Toronto.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/news#ixzz2Acnanzzl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom