Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kd needs to put that wingspan to use and develop a hookshot ...jumpshots not always gonna fall
His jumper is pretty much automatic. 51% against LA, 53% against SAS, 55% against MIA. He's unstoppable.

His most productive & efficient series of the playoffs came against Miami. But they lost last because that was the only series where both Westbrook & Harden played poorly.

He also had 9 tos in game 5 and the 3 games before tonight had 21 and 32 tos in the last 5

And let's not overlook Brooks' poor lineups and game management. When we had our best lineup out there, which is any lineup with KD at the 4, we beat Miami, even this yr it's the same and against the entire league that lineup is all time historically good both in ppg and in differential. I know you can't get away with playing KD at the 4 full time, but guess how often that lineup plays now after being told it's historically efficient on both ends? 14% of the time. Reporters ask Brooks time and time again about coaching to matchups and if he even looks at advanced or even normal stats and he gives some smug *** answer every time and nobody ever calls him on it.

The Harden trade, you were going to lose regardless. The winning move would have been to keep them together 1 more yr then deal with it next offseason since James was restricted anyways (which also meant no matter what offer sheet he signed, he couldn't get more than 4/58 from us if we matched), and then to convince Bennett and his moneybag owner friends to pony up the cash and stop fronting like they aren't swimming in Scrooge McDuck money. Plus they raised my ticket prices again, that's 3 yrs straight. There was a deal on the table for Thompson and a draft pick but GS wanted to force either Biedrins or Jefferson in it so we passed. There was also the alleged deal with Washington surrounding Beal.

Keeping Westbrook verse Harden is a topic on the Thunder boards a lot. Broussard polled 22 anonymous GMs, 14 said they would have kept Harden if forced to choose between the 2. I could see it, then you look for a tough pg who can defend and be a ~40% 3pt shooter, maybe a Lowry or Jarrett Jack and I'm not mad at that team

But for some reason Presti got us hoarding draft picks like y2k is coming. We have like 37 next yr. Beyond the fact the draft is a weak draft, and our picks are in bad places, we already have rookies and sophomores who can't find burn for who just rot at the end of bench and in Tulsa, and are in win now mode not develop rookies mode so I don't see the point if we aren't going to flip those for a vet who can step in now.

Last edited:
Reke with that BG/CP-esque flop 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

*Sigh*...I hate the playoff format of the NBA..The west is easily the better of the two (by a wide margin at that) and it is not fair that teams who are above .500 are fighting for a playoff spot while in the east Philadelphia is 9th with a 26-40 record, 8 games behind Milwaukee who is at 34-32..They should change that by looking at the NBA teams as a whole, come playoff time..The best sixteen are to participate in the playoffs. 

Bill Walton is the greatest color man in all sports. I love JVG, and all, but the gems that come out of Bill Walton's mouth are unmatched. I'm here watching this Stanford v. Lumberjack game, I have no idea who is who and the man has me riveted.

I listened to him when he did color for the Sacramento Kings, and never have I enjoyed a Kings game more.

Please Please whoever is in charge, put him on NBA games on ESPN. He'd make it must watch television. I'd listen to Bill Walton do color commentary for Women's sewing competition he's that good.

As for the NBA Action, I don't care what anybody says, the West is wide open. I can think of 5 teams who can legitimately win the West.

It's sad that the conferences are so loop sided...

Kings need to flop better.

Thornton gets his head smashed in and gets no call 
mean.gif
sick.gif

Bill Walton is the greatest color man in all sports. I love JVG, and all, but the gems that come out of Bill Walton's mouth are unmatched. I'm here watching this Stanford v. Lumberjack game, I have no idea who is who and the man has me riveted.

I listened to him when he did color for the Sacramento Kings, and never have I enjoyed a Kings game more.

Please Please whoever is in charge, put him on NBA games on ESPN. He'd make it must watch television. I'd listen to Bill Walton do color commentary for Women's sewing competition he's that good.
This is how I feel about Gus Johnson too 
laugh.gif

as soon as I heard that Fox was assigning him to do soccer, I order the Fox Soccer package 
laugh.gif

Somebody is gonna throw hands by the end of this Clips vs Kings game Belee dat
laugh.gif

Edit: Bout to say if DMC got that tech
mean.gif

REKE with that BULLY BALL/ HIT THE WEIGHT ROOM BALL
nthat.gif

Napear is a clown too

Last edited:
DMC actually reminds me a lot of Ron Ron...... son does **** that he either thinks he doesn't do or he blacks out in that moment and doesn't remember doing it 
laugh.gif
 its bizarre

Refs have their minds made up that they want Sacramento to win this game :lol:. Refs rarely don't get what they want

laugh.gif

as soon as I heard that Fox was assigning him to do soccer, I order the Fox Soccer package 
laugh.gif

I heard about Gus Johnson doing the World Cup. That will be a tall order for him, soccer purists are very particular about their announcing. However, if there is one guy who can do it its Gus Johnson. I even enjoyed his strikeforce calls.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I heard about Gus Johnson doing the World Cup. That will be a tall order for him, soccer purists are very particular about their announcing. However, if there is one guy who can do it its Gus Johnson. I even enjoyed his strikeforce calls.
Yup! He's actually doing a bunch of Premier League and european games in the meantime to get him up to speed with the game.

Going thru the Soccer thread we have here in S+T, most of those soccer snobs really don't like him... but I am relatively new to soccer, like Gus is, so I love what he's been doing with soccer 
nthat.gif

Yup! He's actually doing a bunch of Premier League and european games in the meantime to get him up to speed with the game.

Going thru the Soccer thread we have here in S+T, most of those soccer snobs really don't like him... but I am relatively new to soccer, like Gus is, so I love what he's been doing with soccer 
nthat.gif

Speaking of Gus Johnson I was listening to his best of now since you reminded me of him, whatever happened to Luther Head?

Must feel weird to be on the other side of that huh...

:lol:
tongue.gif

I was actually mocking you :lol:

Biggest pet peeve is people blaming the refs for every loss. Everybody thinks their team is getting jobbed by the refs.

Only a matter of time before DMC gets a tech. I'm hoping it comes in the clutch :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom