Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the Nuggets are a first round exit at all. I have them behind OKC and San Antonio in teams that could win the West.

I've been telling y'all Marcus Thorton is underrated.

Nuggets are a first round exit. Y'all seen their track record. Only time they got outta the first round in the past decade was when Iverson teamed up wit' Melo.

I thought #GangGreen had that Boston game :smh:

LeBron crushed #CelticNation dreams :frown:

Shout out to Jeff Green though! Most underrated player in the world!

Nah it was when they traded ai for billups

Lol, you guys keep complaining about the same ppl. If it's that much of a problem, there is the ignore feature.
But one person was deemed to be such a "problem" that he was banned, why should the other people simply get put on ignore? Either bring that person back or ban everyone else.

John Wall - G - Wizards

The Wizards "have budgeted to keep [John] Wall with the organization for a long time," a source told the Washington Post.

This comes on the heels after a CSN Washington report stated the Wizards are preparing to offer Wall a max deal as a restricted free agent in the offseason, and we can't say we're terribly surprised. Washington could offer Wall four years, or designate him as the franchise player and re-sign him to a five-year deal. We expect the Wizards will do whatever necessary in order to retain him.

so is it possible for washington to bring in another superstar after signing wall?

Last edited:
Can't wait for CP3 to have another underwhelming playoffs and still escape all criticism that gets lobbed at other "superstars"

Its not just those people's post tho. It's them throwing out stupid arguments and then getting people to respond thus starting a multitude of ongoing arguments...

And as far as the nuggets.... I still don't think they can beat the thunder in the playoffs.... But If the Lakers somehow make it out the first round and have to face them its going to be an EMBARRASSMENT :smh:

Nothing worse than a Nick Collison charge
I so dislike that dude.

It's unbelievable how revered he is here. When he checks in the game, bby far gets the loudest pop. He makes a wide open layup, DJ Boom goes crazy, the PA announcer is all NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK COLLISSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONN! and fireworks go off, the cheerleaders run on the court, confetti, Jock Jams starts playing, the wave breaks out, **** is ridiculous. And I'm the only dude in the arena looking around like, ":rolleyes it was a layup." Then the next play Westbrook comes down and does a frontflip from the logo at half court and dunks on Dwight Howard, Osama Bin Laden, LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, and Lucifer and it's crickets (silence) in the arena. I stand up like, "YOOO ****. He just dunked on Kobe, LeBron, Osama, Howard, and the Devil from halfcourt! You see that!!" look around and everybody got their arms crossed with the :stoneface: face on talkin' bout, "He shoulda passed to Collison, Collison was open." I don't know why they like him so much, I just can't quite put my finger on it.

Lmao this killed me.

Can't wait for CP3 to have another underwhelming playoffs and still escape all criticism that gets lobbed at other "superstars"

Dude averages 22, 10, 5 on 47% shooting in the playoffs thus far

Last year was his only off year and he was CLEARLY hobbled

The Nuggets are definitely tough, but I'm just not quite sold on them until I see how they look in the playoffs. I'm not even scared of them anymore to be honest because I don't think they can handle a physical, slow paced, grind it out series. If they play the Clippers or Warriors, they will feed right into what they like to do.

Their road record is also below .500 and I'm not quite sure how they will handle being a very hostile environment come playoff time. So, I think in order for them to have a chance at anything, they definitely need homecourt because I don't see them winning many games on the road.

I'm actually ready to start talking about OKC falling to the 3rd spot. If MEmphis beats them tonight, we only 3 games behind them with Denver and Clippers right there as well. I would say watch at the beginning of April when they have the stretch of games: SAS, @IND, NYK, @UTA, @GSW and @POR. My dream scenario for Memphis is Golden STate in the 1st round and OKC in the 2nd round.

Thats the thing. The Nuggets are a physical and grind out team now. It's not just the fact that they run and gun. They play physical up in your face type of defense. They have athletes to out gun and out defend the Clippers. They have hard nose physical big players to go toe to toe with the Grizzlies bigs and contain them. Warriors, Rockets, Lakers - no shot. Spurs and the Thunder can give them the biggest matchup problems, but OKC are showing there true colors and they're beatable now, not the powerhouse they were.

This is not the same team that gets bounced out the first round every year because they're just not good enough. I'm impressed with the style of play, the good ball movement, and shot selection - but I'm more impressed with just how much more physical defensively they are now. Defense wins you games in the playoffs. That's what makes this year so different.

Wouldn't surprise me if they went to the WCF. Not one bit. Would it surprise y'all?

Pacers were on a 3 game skid but showing some promise now, although the past two wins were against scrub teams. Pacers going to be dangerous come playoff time!

Thats the thing. The Nuggets are a physical and grind out team now. It's not just the fact that they run and gun. They play physical up in your face type of defense. They have athletes to out gun and out defend the Clippers. They have hard nose physical big players to go toe to toe with the Grizzlies bigs and contain them. Warriors, Rockets, Lakers - no shot. Spurs and the Thunder can give them the biggest matchup problems, but OKC are showing there true colors and they're beatable now, not the powerhouse they were.

This is not the same team that gets bounced out the first round every year because they're just not good enough. I'm impressed with the style of play, the good ball movement, and shot selection - but I'm more impressed with just how much more physical defensively they are now. Defense wins you games in the playoffs. That's what makes this year so different.

Wouldn't surprise me if they went to the WCF. Not one bit. Would it surprise y'all?
This is the exact thing tim legger said on first take just now. That the nuggets are 9-4 against the top teams in the west and you simply can't ignore that anymore and that he now puts them in his short list with Miami, spurs and thunder because they have athletes matchup with every team and their deep. But more importantly its how they play aggressive defense now. Also, he stated that last night he saw what the thunder are missing without harden. But regardless of what anyone saids we still gotta prove it come playoff time.

I don't see them containing our bigs in the playoffs unless we go away from them like we have a tendency to do sometimes. I'm not saying Memphis would blow them out the water and it would more than likely be a 7 game series (which is why Denver getting homecourt is so important).

But, I still don't see how a team with a 17-19 road record is THAT dangerous in the playoffs. Last time I checked, you have to win road games eventually to get to the big dance. That was an impressive win last night @OKC and the OT win @ CHI , but their last big road win before that was what?

Their success will rely on Ty Lawson stepping up and playing like one of the top players in the playoffs ala Zach Randolph in 2011. They will need someone to be the best player in whatever series they play. Just like the only way I see us going deep into the playoffs is if Marc and/or ZBo become the best player in a series.

Oh and
Ellis 26 / 4 / 4 on 53% shooting this month. Monta Ellis have it all?

I was screaming Monta Ellis have it all during the 4th quarter of that Orlando game. Of course that's also because he's on my fantasy team.

I don't see them containing our bigs in the playoffs unless we go away from them like we have a tendency to do sometimes. I'm not saying Memphis would blow them out the water and it would more than likely be a 7 game series (which is why Denver getting homecourt is so important).

But, I still don't see how a team with a 17-19 road record is THAT dangerous in the playoffs. Last time I checked, you have to win road games eventually to get to the big dance. That was an impressive win last night @OKC and the OT win @ CHI , but their last big road win before that was what?

Their success will rely on Ty Lawson stepping up and playing like one of the top players in the playoffs ala Zach Randolph in 2011. They will need someone to be the best player in whatever series they play. Just like the only way I see us going deep into the playoffs is if Marc and/or ZBo become the best player in a series.

Oh and
Ellis 26 / 4 / 4 on 53% shooting this month. Monta Ellis have it all?

Of course you don't see it, you're a Grizz fan lol. Grizz are not trying to see the Nuggets, they rather play the Clippers again. No doubt about it.

Nuggets have been a nightmare for the Grizz this season. Nuggs beat them in 6 or less. That matchup does not work in Grizz favor.

from the Cavs-Pacers game a few nights ago..

Mar 18, 2013; Cleveland, OH, USA; A Cleveland Cavaliers fan holds a sign asking Miami Heat's LeBron James to "Come Back" during the fourth quarter against the Indiana Pacers at Quicken Loans Arena. nba, king james bron champion #thereturn

the **** does this ***** in the foreground have on his forehead

:rofl:

Its gonna be a Denver v. Miami finals. You heard it here first. This probably the best Denver team in the last 10 years.

The Nuggets are definitely tough, but I'm just not quite sold on them until I see how they look in the playoffs. I'm not even scared of them anymore to be honest because I don't think they can handle a physical, slow paced, grind it out series. If they play the Clippers or Warriors, they will feed right into what they like to do.

Their road record is also below .500 and I'm not quite sure how they will handle being a very hostile environment come playoff time. So, I think in order for them to have a chance at anything, they definitely need homecourt because I don't see them winning many games on the road.

I'm actually ready to start talking about OKC falling to the 3rd spot. If MEmphis beats them tonight, we only 3 games behind them with Denver and Clippers right there as well. I would say watch at the beginning of April when they have the stretch of games: SAS, @IND, NYK, @UTA, @GSW and @POR. My dream scenario for Memphis is Golden STate in the 1st round and OKC in the 2nd round.

I'll be there for my birthday

Indy better win, it would ruin my whole year if they lost :frown:

Of course you don't see it, you're a Grizz fan lol. Grizz are not trying to see the Nuggets, they rather play the Clippers again. No doubt about it.

Nuggets have been a nightmare for the Grizz this season. Nuggs beat them in 6 or less. That matchup does not work in Grizz favor.

Thanks, and 2 of those wins were against a completely different team. The last win was completely our fault for letting a 10 point lead slide. I'll rather play the Nuggets than the Clippers because the Clippers have a superstar that can take over a game when no one else can. You guys are similar to us in regard of not having a clear cut star player.

Our ball movement has been just as crisp as Denver's since the trade and since we've won 14 of our last 17 games. And you better pray you get homecourt in the first round because if you don't, its over from there. George Karl will disappoint you once again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom