Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevin Durant sat in a leather terminal chair next to a practice court and pointed toward the 90-degree- angle at the upper-right corner of the key that represents the elbow. “See that spot,” Durant said. “I used to shoot 38, 39 percent from there off the catch coming around pin-down screens.” He paused for emphasis. “I’m up to 45, 46 percent now.”

Durant has hired his own analytics expert. He tailors workouts to remedy numerical imbalances. He harps on efficiency more than a Prius dealer. To Durant, basketball is an orchard, and every shot an apple. “Let’s say you’ve got 40 apples on your tree,” Durant explains. “I could eat about 30 of them, but I’ve begun limiting myself to 15 or 16. Let’s take the wide-open three and the post-up at the nail. Those are good apples. Let’s throw out the pull-up three in transition and the step-back fadeaway. Those are rotten apples. The three at the top of the circle — that’s an in-between apple. We only want the very best on the tree.”

Sports Illustrated
dude is poisoning russ by not telling him about the rotten apples :smh:

durant may be my fave player after kobe

When an entire team is involved in a commercial, such as the action scenes in the wade/Durant commercials, I wonder how it's planned. I'm assuming it's filmed hours before those teams play. Also, I wonder if the teammates featured were paid, like reggie Jackson.
They are paid. I remember Paul Davis who was in one mentioning how he agreed because it was such easy money.

Most players dread the prospect of being dunked upon.

On the flip side is the Clippers' Paul Davis, a second-year forward from Michigan State, who gainfully played the good sport for a commercial featuring the Miami Heat's Dwyane Wade.

In the Gatorade ad, Wade is playing the Clippers when two sides of his conscience pop up, one advising him to pull up for a jump shot, the other urging him to go to the lane.

The choice is clear when he drives past Shaun Livingston via a pick by Heat teammate Udonis Haslem and delivers a dunk over Davis' outstretched arms.

So how exactly did Davis' involvement come about?

"I got a call from my agent wondering if I wanted to do a commercial with [Wade] and I said, 'Yeah' " Davis said.

"He said, 'The only thing is . . . you kind of, sort of, get dunked on.' "

"I said, 'Well how much is it for?' And he told me and I said, 'I'll get dunked on for that.' "

Terrible.

Thats just bad coaching.

After they go on that little 4-0 run, call a timeout, 

Dude let it ballon to 12-0 run before he calls a time out. 

I swear every episode of Inside the NBA contains Ernie telling Shaq to stop killing a joke that hes told. EVERY EPISODE. 

LOL
jrcelebrates.gif

Melo's lack of athleticism at times is really revealing, especially when he tries to finish around the rim man. It's nasty. :x It's the reason why he seeks so much contact when he drives.

Wow great block

Can someone tell me how this #Knickstape thing started

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom