Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not everyone's game is to be an athletic walking triple double behemoth
sick.gif

But I agree the Melo has gotten better this year, though it may not seem like it, especially from a stat sheet perspective.
tnt and espn halftime crews even touched on it. he has gotten much better at passing out the double team and those passes end up being hockey assist.

nate robinson took over felton's body in the 3rd quarter 
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Last edited:
dwight in orlando never played with a guy like harden. rashard, hedo, and jameer are solid and had career yrs with dwight but harden is on another level and is not even enter his prime. game would be so much easier for harden and he wouldnt have to command the ball everytime down the floor.
dwight being old? the kid is still in his 20s and he is gonna be healthy once the season starts. dude shouldve sat out longer to rest, but in LA they werent havent that. dont get me wrong, his antics are
mean.gif
but he is still a dominant big in today's gm which lacks Cs
true...but the cast he had is on par or even better then this houston team...plus houston contends in the west coast. but if havent notice the doubling and respect shown for dwight on the west coast isnt the same as it was in the eastern conference. Most of this season (granted he was hurt most of it) but he never really commanded a double nor dominanted really much. Dwight isnt old...but he is at an empass in his career..and with the injuries he has recieved...considering he is a big man...he more then likely will never be the dwight of old...the physically imposing/athletically dominating player. And lets face it... 8/9 years in the league his overall growth/maturation as a player is stagnant at best.

i dont hate the dude but i just dont see a player midway through his career transforming his game. i just cant see him all of a sudden becoming a great man to man defender...a player with a good/great face up game, a array of back to the basket moves..and a leader amongst men. Especially considering the cost to have said player, and add to the fact..like i stated the direction the game/league is going.

This isnt the mid-late 80's bball anymore..No longer are championsips built around a good/great sg/sf and less then skilled big men who physically impose and force they will on opponents. Its too too many great 6-9 to 6-11 players that are versatile, and can score in a multitude of ways, can pass, play the perimeter, and run the floor.

Again i asked when is the last time that this formula worked...a unpolished, unskilled big man, whose sole contribution is his athletism, and playing more less a backwall of defense...surrounded by shooters, and a penetrator? Um that orlando team...the 76ers with mutombo..and they all lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom