Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That HP blog site blocked me on Twitter for questioning his love of Karl, now he's feelin real stupid I bet. :lol:

Every, single, season.

And mark my words, he will utter the phrase.... "I feel like we're the better team". Says it every season. Watch.

Why does HP have a basketball blog 
nerd.gif

HPbigword. Paroxide or somethin. Huge basketball site, has like 200K tweets.

Anyhoo, he likes Karl, so he's dumb.

He's a Grizz fan, loves him some Marc Gasol, so he's smart too.

HPbigword. Paroxide or somethin. Huge basketball site, has like 200K tweets.

Anyhoo, he likes Karl, so he's dumb.

He's a Grizz fan, loves him some Marc Gasol, so he's smart too.
damn, that dumb/smart conundrum is always a doozy 

on an un-basketball related note, the NBA should be making a recommendation on whether to keep the Kings in Sacramaneto or 'bring back the Sonics' by moving the Thunder back to Seattle by way of relocating the Kings because Sacramento has failed to deliver a viable arena plan and as a market.

Last edited by a moderator:
People really need to stop saying things like Dwight Howard COULD be so much better... no... he probably couldn't.

He's a defensive game changer who can catch alleys, dunk the ball, and get a few moves a game. That's it.

He's never going to back people down like Shaq, he's never going to shoot the ball well, never going to have a fluid arsenal of post moves to beat you. He's shown flashes of using his quickness and a nice touch, but that disappears. I've was a big Dwight fan before the whole drama started and we've been promised his breakthrough for years. It hasn't come and likely won't.

Time to pray that Boogie gets in a good situation, that Drummond continues to develop, that the Utah bigs Favors and Kanter get to play more, and all bask in the greatness that is Marc Gasol.

Yup.

Going to turn 28 this year too, his time ran out. He is what he is now, won't get any better.

I've been saying what you said since 2010. Some dudes just have it, Dwight doesn't. I gave up on him being a great offensive center a long time ago when I was forced to watch the Magic play in FL.

No matter how much work he puts in - he has no idea how to post up or use his body, has no hands, his coordination is horrible, and his footwork is still poor. Once again, some players get it, some players don't. Those fundamentals he's missing were supposed to be developed during his teenage years, not now.

Edit: To the dude who said D12 should go to Hakeem. Dwight was coached by Ewing for 7 years in Orlando, went to Hakeem plenty of times. It doesn't matter. He's worked and done all he could, he's just doesn't understand. Going back to Hakeem won't solve anything. Same thing with his free throw shooting, no matter how much he practices.

Last edited:
dudes making it worse for the Lakers, SMH

tell dude to shut his mouth. just like he called out his own players for the dodgers on twitter. dude is an idiot

yea magic my all time favorite laker but he need to get his twitter took away and fired from espn...

on an un-basketball related note, the NBA should be making a recommendation on whether to keep the Kings in Sacramaneto or 'bring back the Sonics' by moving the Thunder back to Seattle by way of relocating the Kings because Sacramento has failed to deliver a viable arena plan and as a market.

why it taking so long?

if the leave i think you should be a raptors fan...

why it taking so long?

I'll probably just leave NT and not care about basketball anymore

this might be my last post 
embarassed.gif

embarassed.gif
why are you gonna get banned? if so take that clueless guy with you lol i only have one person on the block list. please take him with you
laugh.gif
I don't even know how to accomplish that 
laugh.gif
 taking someone down with me?? Seems like an impossible task. If I get myself banned it'll probably just be a hate speech about the *** backwards logic Seattle fans have celebrating the return of the Sonics by way of another city going thru what they went thru in 08. Hell on the main page of their blog, they have a opinion piece about how bringing the Sonics back will have a multi-generational effect on Seattlites... what about Sacramento if they lose the Kings? Is there no effect if the Kings leave? Their stupid *** sense of entitlement has irked me this entire process.

But nah, I don't plan on getting banned.... I'll probably just stop posting for awhile........ maybe put rck2sactown on ice for some time.

I don't even know how to accomplish that 
laugh.gif

taking someone down with me?? Seems like an impossible task. If I get myself banned it'll probably just be a hate speech about the *** backwards logic Seattle fans have celebrating the return of the Sonics by way of another city going thru what they went thru in 08. Hell on the main page of their blog they have a opinion piece about how bringing the Sonics back will have a multi-generational effect on Seattlites... what about Sacramento if they lose the Kings? Their stupid *** sense of entitlement has irked me this entire process.

But nah, I don't plan on getting banned.... I'll probably just stop posting for awhile........ maybe put rck2sactown on ice for some time.

lay off the alcohol too buddy :lol: it only makes things worse

stick with the tacos n pizza

watch stern try to give you guys an nbdl team as compensation lol

why it taking so long?

embarassed.gif

The people Sacramento are stupid if they pay for a basketball arena.

If that's what it takes to keep them y'all should let them go.

I know it sucks to basically become Fresno but its just a basketball team.

why it taking so long?

embarassed.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

its not just Sacramento. Any small-mid sized market team is at risk of losing their team if they don't get a new arena up for the NBA. Thats exactly why (among other things) Seattle lost the Sonics in the first place. This was well documented in Sonicsgate.

I'll excuse your ignorance, because 90% of the people have no idea what is going on here. But just know, it ain't stupid for a small town to leverage already existing funds in to an economic catalyst for a nonexistant downtown.

Plus Sacramento does not want to become a Fresno, which is why our local and state government is backing this project. People here want to see growth in the state capitol.... not regress to Fresno-ness.

Who would just say "**** it, we will be Fresno"? Quiters do that. We ain't that, and I like to think that the rest of America ain't like that.

I know it sucks to be in the sucky south and being surrounded by inbred hicks with backwards old-fashioned thinking (I know because I lived there and have family there). But over here in the West Coast people have dreams and aspirations... not complacency and contentness of mediocrity. 

This is bigger than basketball for me and the people of Sacramento.

this is why it disgust me that seattle wanna poach sac for an nba team. seattle got the mariners, seahawks, etc.

All sac gots is the kings. sac is the capitol of california. that place should be better than that but its not.

the kings have sucked badly for the majority of their time there but up until recently fan support has been strong. is it their fault they have crooked slimey *** owners?

You take the kings away you are taking the heart of sac.

if balmer n hansen got all the money in the world then wait your damn turn for expansion or bribe crooked stern before he leaves the nba

Last edited:

this is why it disgust me that seattle wanna poach sac for an nba team. seattle got the mariners, seahawks, etc.

All sac gots is the kings. sac is the capitol of california. that place should be better than that but its not.

the kings have sucked badly for the majority of their time there but up until recently fan support has been strong. is it their fault they have crooked slimey *** owners?

You take the kings away you are taking the heart of sac.

if balmer n hansen got all the money in the world then wait your ******g turn for expansion

Because the city of Sacramento sucks doesn't mean the people of Sacramento should pay tax dollars so an NBA team can be there.

It seriously makes no business sense for the Kings to be in Sacramento over Seattle.

The NBA isn't going to expand to Seattle because NBA owners aren't going to want to divvy the pie up more than it is.

why it taking so long?

embarassed.gif

roll.gif

:rofl:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

its not just Sacramento. Any small-mid sized market team is at risk of losing their team if they don't get a new arena up for the NBA. Thats exactly why (among other things) Seattle lost the Sonics in the first place. This was well documented in Sonicsgate.

I'll excuse your ignorance, because 90% of the people have no idea what is going on here. But just know, it ain't stupid for a small town to leverage already existing funds in to an economic catalyst for a nonexistant downtown.

Plus Sacramento does not want to become a Fresno, which is why our local and state government is backing this project. People here want to see growth in the state capitol.... not regress to Fresno-ness.

Who would just say "**** it, we will be Fresno"? Quiters do that. We ain't that, and I like to think that the rest of America ain't like that.

I know it sucks to be in the sucky south and being surrounded by inbred hicks with backwards old-fashioned thinking (I know because I lived there and have family there). But over here in the West Coast people have dreams and aspirations... not complacency and contentness of mediocrity. 

You had me until that long part that I crossed out.

The small market thing is spot on though. San Antonio had to come up with a new arena to keep the team.

Last edited:
Because the city of Sacramento sucks doesn't mean the people of Sacramento should pay tax dollars so an NBA team can be there.

It seriously makes no business sense for the Kings to be in Sacramento over Seattle.

The NBA isn't going to expand to Seattle because NBA owners aren't going to want to divvy the pie up more than it is.
Again, I'll forgive your ignorance..... Sacramento has ZERO tax dollars involved in this deal.

Business wise? Keeping the Kings here would raise ALL NBA franchise price tags across the board since it is a small market (Jazz, Pacers, OKC, Grizz, the majority of the NBA). Having a team worth ~$525M in Sacramento>Seattle (especially in 1-sport town>4-sport town)

why it taking so long?

embarassed.gif

roll.gif

:rofl:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Dallas is the fastest growing metropolitan area in America.

Dallas has more Fortune 500 companies per square mile than New York City.

Look it sucks that Sacramento is in that spot but its life.

I've yet to see or read an empirical study that shows investing hundreds of millions of dollars of the public's money in a sports arena is a sound investment.

Again, I'll forgive your ignorance..... Sacramento has ZERO tax dollars involved in this deal.

Business wise? Keeping the Kings here would raise ALL NBA franchise price tags across the board since it is a small market (Jazz, Pacers, OKC, Grizz, the majority of the NBA). Having a team worth ~$525M in Sacramento>Seattle (especially in 1-sport town>4-sport town)

Having a team Seattle will increase the soon to be negotiated new NBA TV deal

I've yet to see or read an empirical study that shows investing hundreds of millions of dollars of the public's money in a sports arena is a sound investment.
Lead off with that next time.

Just know that the public's money is well protected while offering up its fair share in subsidy in partnership with the NBA (something they are looking for). Especially, by all accounts, this is an even better deal than last years, which the NBA directly helped negotiate. 

Sacramento isn't trying to get bent over backwards just for the sake of saving the Kings. If that were the case I'd be the first one to oppose it.

Having a team Seattle will increase the soon to be negotiated new NBA TV deal
Possibly, but in terms of TV market size, Sacramento and Seattle are in the same bracket. So shouldn't be too big of an issue.

Especially when having a team in Sacramento worth $525M, and raising EVERY single franchise's value>>a bump in TV revenue (that is already expected)

I guess it just comes down to me not understanding why you are trying to convince me that I should let go of the Kings. 

Something else that rubs me the wrong way about this Kings business.

The Kings where relocated from Kansas City. They wouldn't be there without a city having its team taken from them. Now its possibly about to happen to them and there is this outcry.

The Sonics were founded in Seattle and were there for 30+ years.

It's totally different situation to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom