Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's 35 and probably won't be in the league next season. Until its a high profile player, its going to be treated as Amaechi all over again.

Why did you think Mark Jackson wouldn't do well tho?

Lack of experience. I thought the hire was a recipe for disaster.

*Good for Jason Collins. Doubt he'll be in the league next year, but I'm still waiting for a player in or near the prime of their career to make the same announcement.

we'll have to see how jackson does after malone leaves :nerd:

i thought the nuggets were going to be some what of a threat. this was all before ty, faried, and gallo got hurt :smh:

Last edited:
I always wondered why he wore #98...

A college classmate tried to persuade me to come out then and there. But I couldn't yet. My one small gesture of solidarity was to wear jersey number 98 with the Celtics and then the Wizards. The number has great significance to the gay community. One of the most notorious antigay hate crimes occurred in 1998. Matthew Shepard, a University of Wyoming student, was kidnapped, tortured and lashed to a prairie fence. He died five days after he was finally found. That same year the Trevor Project was founded. This amazing organization provides crisis intervention and suicide prevention to kids struggling with their sexual identity. Trust me, I know that struggle. I've struggled with some insane logic. When I put on my jersey I was making a statement to myself, my family and my friends.

That's an amazing gesture on his part.

Jason Collins Sports Illustrated Story

I too was wrong on the Jackson. At least I didn't expect them to be successful this early. Happy for him and the Warriors

I actually expected Marc Jackson to succeed in GS.

He was the perfect coach for that young team going in this season, very disciplined and tough - that brought the best out of the Warriors.

What kinda dude even thinks of stuff like this :smh:

my exact reaction lmao

Collins is in the wrong era as a tough physical 7 footer with little skills but he still has a spot in this league. He guards centers well, plays good help defense and is a good teammate. He's been a spot starter - doubt he's out of the league. Still appreciate him for his run with the Nets and clamping up Bosh in the first round of the playoffs :smokin :smokin :smokin Mark Jackson used to call him Set Shot Willy :lol:

I actually expected Marc Jackson to succeed in GS.

He was the perfect coach for that young team going in this season, very disciplined and tough - that brought the best out of the Warriors.

How did you know Mark Jackson would be disciplined or tough as a coach? What exactly did you base that off of?

I wanted Mark Jackson on the Knicks, I thought it was possible. Glad he's doing great.

As for this Jason Collins being gay news - seriously, whose going to care? He's never been taken seriously on the court, so now he should off the court? This does nothing for the progression of the gay community. I guess, good for him tho.

But now Jason Collins is on the cover of Sports Illustrated - Haha, oh boy.

Last edited:
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — The Los Angeles Clippers are focusing much more of their attention on Grizzlies point guard Mike Conley, and he has only himself to blame.

Conley is having a bit of a coming out party in this first-round series, scoring a postseason-best 28 points in Game 2, a performance he followed by handing out 10 assists with three steals and no turnovers, which hadn't been done in the NBA playoffs since John Stockton in 2001.

He topped that in Game 4, setting a Grizzlies' postseason record Saturday with 13 assists, 15 points and two turnovers.

Clippers guard Chris Paul says Conley is approaching elite point guard status in the NBA.

"The team goes as he goes," Paul said. "I think that's what their team realizes. When he plays well, they play well. They feed off his energy. I try to contain him as much as possible, but Mike is one of those guys year in and year out just keeps getting better, and he's a handful."

Paul said that before Conley handed out 23 assists over two games as the Grizzlies evened up this series at 2-all with Game 5 on Tuesday night in Los Angeles.

With his play the past two games, Conley became just the eighth player since the 1992 postseason to hand out at least 23 assists with no more than two turnovers over a two-game span in the same playoffs.

Rajon Rondo had 27 assists with two turnovers for Boston last year. Paul did it twice with New Orleans in 2008 with 23 assists and one followed by 28 assists and two turnovers. Jason Kidd had 25 assists and two turnovers for Phoenix in 2001, while Mark Jackson had 28 assists and two turnovers in 1998 with 24 assists and two in 1999. Muggsy Bogues had 23 assists and two turnovers for Charlotte in 1993 and Terry Porter had 25 and two turnovers for Portland in 1992 according to STATS.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/conley-coming-through-grizzlies-vs-clippers

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKK!!!

Last edited:
How did you know Mark Jackson would be disciplined or tough as a coach? What exactly did you base that off of?

He's a hard-nosed 90's OG player. He was coached by Rick Patino and Pat Riley (in their prime) as a player, to name a few disciplined coaches that coached him.

He's learned and taught based off that. He got his chance as a coach and hasn't disappointed yet.

Last edited:
I was right about Mark Jackson. Makes up from my John Wall Wrongness. The jokes o twitter about him coming out though :smh:

Bhz at Ches right now:

a83cd4e4_9kj52.gif

2mlk68.jpg

Last edited:
I won't comment on Mark Jackson's overall coaching job cause I've only watched a couple games but his stuff on Wired is awesome. He got me amped up with his speeches. He was like IF THEY DONT GET A LAYUP, THEY CANT DO NOTHIN. PROTECT THE RIM AND REMEMBER YOUR HABITS. THIS IS WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE, LETS CLOSE THEM OUT.

I was ready to go to war for him off of a 20 second soundbite man.

The layup part is so true too, they have maybe two shooters on the team. Ill Will and Lawson.

we'll have to see how jackson does after malone leaves :nerd:

i thought the nuggets were going to be some what of a threat. this was all before ty, faried, and gallo got hurt :smh:
This basically. I felt that defensively with however many small forwards they have :lol: , they would be able to at least keep up or make it tough on OKC.

Edit - that guy Conley representing well, glad to see him flourishing. O-H :pimp:

Last edited:
^^^Not to take anything away from Conley - he's been great - but it was Z-Bo and Gasol's play that really won those games for the Grizz. Their activity and offensive rebounding was the big difference. That and Billups, Jordan and Butler basically deciding to take the last game off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom