Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LeBron and Durant. Thats it, that is where the line ends.

IF YOU ARE WHAT YOU SAY YOU AREEEE A SUPERSTARRRRRRRRR HAVE NO FEARRR.....
LMAO Your HILARIOUS. The fact that you left out SO MANY NAMES, is just funny.
The fact that you think that I left out "So many names" furthers my point that the term superstar is used too loosely. People are out there throwing out 8+ names. Really? Come one lets be serious, thats overuse of the term. You're including too many people and all that does is open up the door for one more person to get in who replicates that persons production. CP3s production can be replicated by Deron Williams, TPs production can be replicated by Stephs, Monta Ellis replicates what Melo does, and so on. Superstars are the two players in the league who produce at such a high level that no one else can replicate it right now. That is LeBron and Durant.
Those are all stars. Those aren't all superstars
I'm looking at the entire picture. If guys like Dirk/Duncan aren't considered superstars in the league after ALL that they've accomplished (and are still contributing at a high level), then I dunno what to tell you.

What's the difference between a "superstar" moniker and "all-star" in looking at the players that I named?
They arent superstars currently, and thats not a knock on them. I feel like people are taking the fact that people arent being labeled superstars as a knock on them. Its not, all the players you named are fantastic players and are good for great performances every night. But theres a difference between going out there and putting up an 8 game, than the two guys who are out there putting up 10 games every single night.
LeBron and Durant. Thats it, that is where the line ends.

So kobe is not a superstar? Hahaahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahaha I'm done
Kobe is no longer a superstar. Was he? Yes. 

Last edited:
all those guys could take a lottery bound team to a playoffs . (may be with exception to rondo ) i would put dwight on thier as honorable mention due to his last few seasons in orlando 
Thats what I'm saying.

Put Kobe on the bobcats and they could make the playoffs. Put Melo in detroit and they could mk the playoffs. Put DWADE in DC and they become title contenders

The fact that you think that I left out "So many names" furthers my point that the term superstar is used too loosely. People are out there throwing out 8+ names. Really? Come one lets be serious, thats overuse of the term. You're including too many people and all that does is open up the door for one more person to get in who replicates that persons production. CP3s production can be replicated by Deron Williams, TPs production can be replicated by Stephs, Monta Ellis replicates what Melo does, and so on. Superstars are the two players in the league who produce at such a high level that no one else can replicate it right now. That is LeBron and Durant.

They arent superstars currently, and thats not a knock on them. I feel like people are taking the fact that people arent being labeled superstars as a knock on them. Its not, all the players you named are fantastic players and are good for great performances every night. But theres a difference between going out there and putting up an 8 game, than the two guys who are out there putting up 10 games every single night.

sick.gif
You trippin bro

I got no rebuttal...I get your POV. However, I think guys like Kobe, Dirk, Duncan will always have the superstar label due to their whole careers and that they are still playing at an elite level.

Last edited:
I can understand why most ppl dont consider melo a superstar, he doesnt impact the game in multiple areas as bron or KD. In there eyes he's just a scorer/chucker.

Being a superstar is having your own sneakers(not pe's), selling out arenas when your on the visiting team, having highest selling jerseys etc. just because melo doesnt play up to your circumstances doesnt mean hes not a superstar

Oh Anti....

You don't like eggs??? Fine I'll give you a pass

New Jersey is the goat state??? Kinda weird but whatever....

Melo isn't a superstar?!?!?! STOP IT

I love Magic as an old nba legend but how much is he getting paid to continuously stutter on tv (when kids are in school grinding in broadcasting/communication/speech classes to get a job like his)?

mean.gif
No worries all those kids can work at one of Magic's Starbucks or movie theatres

Magic on ESPN = Shaq on TNT
Negative.

Shaq's schtick can get annoying, but he can provide some good analysis from time to time.

His oncourt demonstrations about various aspects of the Center position he's done from time to time on TNT/NBATV are insightful, and show he has a real knowledge of the position.

With Magic on the other hand you get such gems as "(insert random NBA team) isn't likely to win the game if (insert random NBA superstar) doesn't play well." or that Russell Westbrook is the worst finals PG in NBA history.

He adds absolutely nothing to the show. The fact that ESPN execs decided to relocate their NBA show to accommodate Magic is laughable to me.

I got no rebuttal...I get your POV. However, I think guys like Kobe, Dirk, Duncan will always have the superstar label due to their whole careers and that they are still playing at an elite level.

No man. Doesn't work like that. Dirk has left his prime and Duncan and Kobe are both leaving theirs. If Kobe was a superstar, the lakers would've been a top seed.

Being a superstar is having your own sneakers(not pe's), selling out arenas when your on the visiting team, having highest selling jerseys etc. just because melo doesnt play up to your circumstances doesnt mean hes not a superstar
Non basketball factors............ Guess Jeremy Lin is a superstar now cause out Asian attendance and viewership are through the roof. Stop it
Oh Anti....

You don't like eggs??? Fine I'll give you a pass

New Jersey is the goat state??? Kinda weird but whatever....

Melo isn't a superstar?!?!?! STOP IT
Eggs are freaking disgusting. The Jersey doubters I will ignore, they just dont know

Last edited:
No.

No.

And no.
that was a bit much but i think melo could take detroit to the playoffs. a superstar to me is an allstar for one, at least top 3 for his position, popular enough that non fans know how he is , and a franchise player. 

Negative.

Shaq's schtick can get annoying, but he can provide some good analysis from time to time.

His oncourt demonstrations about various aspects of the Center position he's done from time to time on TNT/NBATV are insightful, and show he has a real knowledge of the position.

With Magic on the other hand you get such gems as "(insert random NBA team) isn't likely to win the game if (insert random NBA superstar) doesn't play well." or that Russell Westbrook is the worst finals PG in NBA history.

He adds absolutely nothing to the show. The fact that ESPN execs decided to relocate their NBA show to accommodate Magic is laughable to me.
EVERY single Shaq Analysis begins with comparisons to himself. That mess is a annoying.

They're selling out arenas because they're the Knicks. That team has one of the most loyal/best fanbases around. Even before Melo got there, they'd have no problem filling up opposing arenas with fans. It's not because of Melo that people are coming out to watch them play.

imo you need all 4 elements to be considered a superstar.
success + fame + respect + impact on the game = superstar

kobe duncan dirk and KG may be on the decline but they still very highly regarded

Y'all really going through this who is and is not a "superstar" nonsense again?
mean.gif

That my cue to not check in here until the Chicago/Miami game starts tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom