Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Jalen failed to mention about this game is that Indiana loss.

|I been saying this since the draft

I don't think Barnes on the Cavs is as good as Barnes on the Warriors.

He needed to be in a situation where there wouldn't be pressure on him to be the number 1 or 2 scorer. You don't think playing with Curry, Lee, Thompson and Jack helped him? As much as I love Kyrie, he's not as good at creating for his team or experienced as Curry. Barnes would have struggled against the best wing defender on the opposing team every night on the Cavs, who they should have took was Drummmond.

Melo rebounds well for a small forward. He can be your number one option and get you a ring, he just needs a consistent number 2 and a coach that actually runs an offense instead of saying hey melo, just shoot like woodson does.

How many more 2nd fiddles will he have in his career before people realize that HE is the problem? I don't see him being a guy who can carry a team to a championship. Amar'e, for all purposes, has been a good soldier during his time in NY. As a matter of fact, didn't he even say he has no problem being the #2 as long as the team was winning? Why is it that no one can elevate their games with Melo on the floor? Regular season is one thing, but in the playoffs he gets exposed.

Amar'e has been all purposes been out the whole year what are you talking about?

JR has def. elevated his game.

Blake Griffin's numbers only went down since CP3 came into town, why didn't CP3 elevate Blake's game, he only alienated Blake. And Melo certainly doesn't have a Blake on the Knicks roster.

Melo gets a pass when the **** hits the fan.

But when it comes to other "star" players, its their fault.

*shrug*

We haven't even had a legit look at the Amare/Melo tandem. But I know, that's Melo's fault.

You gotta be a Knick fan to think we haven't seen enough of them to know that they don't play well together.

They both need the ball to be effective, take up the same space on the floor and both leave much to be desired defensively at this point. Remember how Amare played before Melo/injuries? He needs to be the guy to be effective.

lol gotta love these reworded media opinions.  his best numbers twos have been some of the few players who happen to be even more knuckleheaded than him.  the heats 4th best player is better than our second best.  im also sick of amare getting so much love for getting overpaid to be injured and not play d when healthy.  I value actions more than words so i really dont give a **** how good his attitude his.  

Amar'e has been all purposes been out the whole year what are you talking about?

JR has def. elevated his game.

Blake Griffin's numbers only went down since CP3 came into town, why didn't CP3 elevate Blake's game, he only alienated Blake. And Melo certainly doesn't have a Blake on the Knicks roster.

I'm talking about before this year, fool.

Amar'e at least SAID all the right things...whether he did them or not on the court, that's another question.

We haven't even had a legit look at the Amare/Melo tandem. But I know, that's Melo's fault.

Just give them time to gel.

Last edited:
From what I've seen, Melo actually does look for Amare when they are on the court together. But on a overall it hasn't worked due to whatever circumstances.

lol gotta love these reworded media opinions.  his best numbers twos have been some of the few players who happen to be even more knuckleheaded than him.  the heats 4th best player is better than our second best.  im also sick of amare getting so much love for getting overpaid to be injured and not play d when healthy.  I value actions more than words so i really dont give a **** how good his attitude his.  
Stat put new york back on the map when he balled for yall and was a MVP.

He gets love cause he goes out there and plays hard, and works had to get back.

Stat and Melo cant play together, both need the ball, both play ho hum defense.

Look at the Heat. The team they were the year they lost and the team they were the year the won and the team they are now are different. They gelled from on court time together. A few dozen games played together coming off injury hardly qualifies as gelling time. But regardless, the time for it to work has passed. Amare will never be that player he was again, regardless of Melo. He's injury prone and on the decline. The story will be written that Melo and Amare couldn't fit together but the truth is that it never even had a chance to work.

|I been saying this since the draft

I don't think Barnes on the Cavs is as good as Barnes on the Warriors.

He needed to be in a situation where there wouldn't be pressure on him to be the number 1 or 2 scorer. You don't think playing with Curry, Lee, Thompson and Jack helped him? As much as I love Kyrie, he's not as good at creating for his team or experienced as Curry. Barnes would have struggled against the best wing defender on the opposing team every night on the Cavs, who they should have took was Drummmond.
Yup Barnes is in a perfect situation for him to develop his game with the Warriors...Barnes as a 3rd option is great, 1st or second option tho?..not so much

Stat put new york back on the map when he balled for yall and was a MVP.

He gets love cause he goes out there and plays hard, and works had to get back.

Stat and Melo cant play together, both need the ball, both play ho hum defense.
id love to get paid more than im worth and be viewed as putting that city i now work in back on the map.  all while i dont work most of the time just sit back and collect disability.  half season MVP for a barely over .500 team. Yay we're back on the map!

id love to get paid more than im worth and be viewed as putting that city i now work in back on the map.  all while i dont work most of the time just sit back and collect disability.  half season MVP for a barely over .500 team. Yay we're back on the map!
great response.

i would love to get paid to chuck shots and viewed as this great player even though im really not.

see how that works?

come on
laugh.gif

great response.

i would love to get paid to chuck shots and viewed as this great player even though im really not.

see how that works?

come on
laugh.gif
ok so u dont like melo i get it.  at least i can accurately compliment the guy im bashing.  is it really that hard to be unbiased nowadays?

Kevin Johnson should get a SLAM cover 
smokin.gif

jk I know their demographic and the general NBA fan doesn't give a damn.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok so u dont like melo i get it.  at least i can accurately compliment the guy im bashing.  is it really that hard to be unbiased nowadays?
its not about being unbiased.

it was said that melo doesnt have high assists because Stat is hurt.

im asking WHY he cant pass to anyone else?

better yet, why is that the reason?

maybe he doesnt like to pass... like weve seen from him all these years.

Last edited:
dudes constantly giving melo the pass i see

i agree amare hasnt been on the court as much as everyone would like and was a waste of a HUGE contract

but melo is who he is

you cats can keep waiting for this transformation he supposed to make but it aint coming

dude is a scorer thats it and thats all he can put the ball in the hoop on anyone

but he aint playion d and he aint moving the ball

unless dude winds up playing with chris paul he aint never winning ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom