Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cats fighting right now

Kemba is becoming one of my favorite players, been a fan since he was doing this in Connecticut

Damn, this page is filled with all sorts of ugly information.

That Cleveland roster :x

That Big Country picture :x

Derrick Williams 0-6:x

Chuck's golf sing :x

DBD posting :x

and someone posting about the Bobcats game :x

damn lol
It's like the Tuesday afternoon shift at the strip club in here. :smh:

The Mavs' decision making and execution the last minute of regulation and overtime thus far has been :x.

Cut Murphy. He's dog****.

Cant believe we lost that game when we were up four with 20 seconds left

Of course Wince chucks us out of the game.

We were winning early in all these games because we hammered it into our bigs. I can count the numbers of times Kaman and Wright got the ball in the second half on one hand.

correction, Derrick Williams is now 0-8
for any Wolves fans, can this kid just not play basketball? What is his problem?

He's turned himself into strictly a jump shooter. He got into a habit of hanging out behind the 3-pt line last year and rarely ever tried to assert himself in the offense by taking the ball to the hoop. When he did, you saw how athletic he was and if he honed those skills, he could be a problem.

Well, he never developed that in the off-season. I get the feeling he would humor coaches by working on the block when people were around, but when everyone was gone, would practice shooting. What he is now, is a streaky "shooter" with all the talent in the world to do what he wants with the ball, but has yet to discover how to do so and defaults to shooting. Some nights he's on other nights he's off. Tonight he was off, but it speaks to the larger issue.

But Hood was right. His confidence in knowing he belongs with the big boys is lacking.

Last edited:
He averaged 9 ppg that season too. Which isnt a world beater, but definitely isnt terrible.
Drew Gooden averaged 11 ppg and 8.5 rebounds
Big Z averaged 12 ppg, 7.7 rebounds and 1.3 blocks
Larry Hughes averaged 15 ppg, 3.8 rebounds, 3.7 assists and 1.3 steals.
So there were still other guys contributing to that team

I'll agree in that system, in that year, in that offense, those players were capable for some unknown reason. Maybe Mike Brown had a Shaman bless the team that season or something.

Doesn't mean that the roster wasn't a big steaming pile of dog doo doo though. I mean, what is Larry Hughes doing now? He can't even star in Nelly videos anymore.

When Larry Hughes is the 2nd leading scorer, you're not expected to win a game in the Finals. That team was good defensively and a good/great defense + Lebron will win a lot of games in the regular season every single year. 

Gallo
mean.gif

Lebron carried that team to the Finals

The roster that year looked like this:

Cleveland Cavaliers

2007 Finals Roster

PG/SG 6 Shannon Brown (Michigan State)

PG/SG 1 Daniel Gibson* (Texas)

PF 90 Drew Gooden* (Kansas)

SG 32 Larry Hughes (Saint Louis)

C 11 Žydrūnas Ilgauskas* (Lithuania)

SF 23 LeBron James* - Captain (St. Vincent-St. Mary HS,