Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the probability that the Kings trade Boogie before the deadline this year?

pretty funny hearing people talk about d'antoni's "system"

what's his system? score more points than the other team

anyways got a new coach...now need to get another win for BICKERSTAFF twm 3 game win streak under this guy if we get SA twm :D...that's who we should be looking at the undefeated bickerstaff :tongue:

Exactly, my point is the idea that Mike D'antoni teams are terrible defensively is not true even with Amare at C, the suns were neevr really worse that average to slightly below.
D'antoni is a good coach, don't be mad because the knicks had ****** players.

:lol: @ Good coach. What is the criteria these days?

Dude had Steve Nash in MVP form for two seasons and failed to do anything.

All these dudes saying "MDA was a good coach, Knicks just sucked" are the same ones slandering the Knicks for hiring MDA years back saying he doesnt coach championship basketball. But now he's a good coach. Ok :lol:

Why do I get the feeling D'Antoni not being able to get his teams over the hump is the new LeBron isn't great until he wins a championship narrative for the masses.

knicks didn't have bad players at all last year. very serviceable squad. what is this osh kosh bosh talking about? swear people just make comments to incite others

d'antoni's failure was not being able to figure out and elevate those player's strengths - that's what good coaching is all about - taking an ok squad and making them better - knicks were less than stellar for three years with little improvement

mike woodson was able to do that in his relatively limited time near the end of last season a whole lot more efficiently

Why do I get the feeling D'Antoni not being able to get his teams over the hump is the new LeBron isn't great until he wins a championship narrative for the masses.

who knows what would have happened if it weren't for that silly suspension against the spurs

knicks didn't have bad players at all last year. very serviceable squad. what is this osh kosh bosh talking about? swear people just make comments to incite others

d'antoni's failure was not being able to figure out and elevate those player's strengths - that's what good coaching is all about - taking an ok squad and making them better - knicks were less than stellar for three years with little improvement

mike woodson was able to do that in his relatively limited time near the end of last season a whole lot more efficiently
The Knicks didn't have a competent roster until 2010-2011. And then they traded half the team mid-season for Melo. Pairing Melo with Amare seems like an impossible task for any coach (and we haven't seen Amare apart of the Knicks success this season). It's obvious things weren't working well last year. Melo wasn't giving it his all under Mike, the coach wasn't utilizing Melo the way Melo wanted, then Melo and Lin had to play together, etc.

And the team responded to Woodson like any team does when an unpopular coach gets fired. Players magically start hustling harder, more intensity on defense, more enthusiastic, etc. They tuned out Mike, responded to a new coach, and that's where we are. 

Last edited:
No Adelman though?

I'd put him up there. At least on the same level as Thibs, SVG and Brooks and probably above those guys. I don't think there's another coach out there who is as good at doing more with less than Adleman. The fact that he has the Love and Rubio-less Wolves at 4-2 is pretty impressive. But that's what he does. Some of those Houston teams he go into the playoffs would have been in the lottery if coached by someone else. I'm definitely an Adleman fan.

Last edited:
I would argue with Brooks being there as well. Obviously he's getting praise off the results of the team, and it should be that way, but give any coach Kevin Durant, Jeff Green (who we eventually flipped for Kendrick Perkins but he was important part of the foundation), Russell Westbrook, James Harden, and Serge Ibaka and see if they can't have them in the finals. I could, and have, point out numerous flaws of his as a coach and nitpick individual decisions he made in the finals (and continues to make like our ****** starting lineup that he just won't change) that contributed to losing.

Its an inexact continuum, when coaches should get credit or blame, or how much, and when should it go to the players, so I can see how people again would think Brooks is a good coach, but trust me he is not.

I would gladly take Pringles, either Van Gundy, Pop, Adelman, Carlisle, Sloan, Avery, Monty Williams, PJax, Thibs, Rivers, Spo, Hollins, and maybe Byron Scott because I just think he would get to Westbrook better, maybe even Shaw.

Last edited:
Adelman is a helluva lot better than Pringles too bad he wasn't unemployed when Jim Buss decided to hire/fire Potato Head. I don't blame PJack for wanting so much to coach that trainwreck bench plus four future HOFers. Jim Buss is my hero!

Adelman is a helluva lot better than Pringles too bad he wasn't unemployed when Jim Buss decided to hire/fire Potato Head. I don't blame PJack for wanting so much to coach that trainwreck bench plus four future HOFers. Jim Buss is my hero!

And D'Antoni is miles ahead of Vinny... Sooooooooooo

The Knicks didn't have a competent roster until 2010-2011. And then they traded half the team mid-season for Melo. Pairing Melo with Amare seems like an impossible task for any coach (and we haven't seen Amare apart of the Knicks success this season). It's obvious things weren't working well last year. Melo wasn't giving it his all under Mike, the coach wasn't utilizing Melo the way Melo wanted, then Melo and Lin had to play together, etc.

And the team responded to Woodson like any team does when an unpopular coach gets fired. Players magically start hustling harder, more intensity on defense, more enthusiastic, etc. They tuned out Mike, responded to a new coach, and that's where we are. 

QFT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom