Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Several people on this board claimed you can't win championships without a center. Now that it has been done against the most dominant big men in the league in Pacers and Spurs, what are your thoughts?

wait what? Who do you think the most dominant big man in the league is?

wait what? Who do you think the most dominant big man in the league is?
I would say a toss between Dwight/MGasol but Hibbert's play in the post season put him in the discussion. Duncan has also played the 5 at an extreme level and outplayed Gasol, and was one of the best shot blockers this season.

If I was the Heat front office I would keep Bosh and try to trade Wade for another talented big and some 2014 draft picks. Yes I know, he's been on the team for 10 years, 3 rings, blah blah blah. At the end of the day this is a business, his knee is probably going to need another surgery, and he isn't getting any younger. I would try and maximize the value I can get out of him now.

Last edited:
What a season! Can't believe some people still hate on Lebron..I can understand if he's selfish and takes 30 plus shots a game, but when you watch him, he makes everyone better, defends well, and rebounds the ball.. A complete basketball player.. Congrats to the spurs, every year they are slept on, yet they manage to reach the biggest stage.. IMO, they are both champions!
yay everyones happy!!

That was tacky and classless by ESPN. They wouldn't have done that to anyone else but Simmons especially with the rumors of him not being a part of the show next season.

As far as Wade goes, he doesn't have that much value because of his health. His knees are shot and aren't getting any better. Don't know if there are many teams that would be willing to take that risk on him for what, two years at the most?

Since when is Bosh untradeable? Had they lost that game, his *** would have been on the first Greyhound to Charlotte.

This choke job is part of Popovich's legacy. Along with Manu, he was as big of a detriment to the Spurs if not bigger. Too bad the media is giving him a pass because he showed class last night. Last night wouldn't have taken place had he done a better job on Tuesday.

Last edited:
This would be the perfect way for Ray to end his career. I still can't get over that shot, probably the best biggest shot of his career. :pimp:

Great timing to cut Billiam Simmons off.

I cant stand his voice..

I cant stand him being on tv..

The short little weasel looking tattle tail in 3rd grade is what he looks like..

And everytime he talks, does he always have to be eyeballing Magic like he's talking to him and only him?

God I cant stand him..

Hope he DOES NOT return to be an analyst on any sports channel..Jeez.

That he's from Duke, therefore sucks?
Good point. Trajan is the exception though.
Salute to the heat, not Chalmers.............. Ever
frown.gif

One day, I'll convert you to at least neutral on the young Alaskan! 
smile.gif
Chalmers is the WORST
laugh.gif

Tradjon Langdon>Chalmers
eek.gif
 Whatchu know about Trajan Langdon? 

Repped!
Absolutely nothing
laugh.gif

Can't even spell his name right
laugh.gif
roll.gif

I could see a team like the clippers Biting on Wade but they don't have much to give up...

Bledsoe Deandre would be their best offer

Last night was basketball at the absolute highest level possible man. As a pure basketball fan it really gets no better, I feel smarter just having been able to watch it.

From the intensity, the effort level, the amazing number of high IQ players on the floor, the shot making, the exhaustion on the players faces, the execution/counters needed to even get a decent shot off, and just the pure passion. I don't know if I've ever really watched a better game purely basketball wise. Man I love this game

during the heat 27 game win streaks NTers straight ATTACKED me for saying pippen + rodman >>>>>>>>wade and bosh...lol....fickle creatures...

with all that said theres NO WAY  the heat win last night without Bosh and his 0 points...dude played phenomenal defense on timmy...especially compared to how he was getting used and abused the whole series...dude nutted up, no if ands or buts..

Heat are winning Back to Back to Back. Book it right now.

No they aren't.

They won't even make the Finals next year, history tells us so.

They were on FUMES this last month to get to this point. Now they're going to add another 9 months of ball on top of that, while their main competitors have already been vacationing for the last 4-6-8 weeks. And done that for the last 3 years, while the Heat play to mid June.

Next year they will run out of gas, thru no fault of their own, they will just be on E with the light blinking, and then it will end.

87 Celts were the last team to get to 4 straight Finals, and that 87 team was broken, in shambles, and never the same ever again. 66 playoff games in 3 years will do that to a team. And the Heat are not young enough to absord that. Ray, Battier, Haslem, Miller, Wade all will lose a milimeter of strength. Bosh and Bron are young enough, but also entering a new time for them in terms of wear/tear and mileage/age.

Unless they add in 3 fresh new bodies as upgrades, it's not happening.

Heat are winning Back to Back to Back. Book it right now.

No they aren't.

They won't even make the Finals next year, history tells us so.

They were on FUMES this last month to get to this point. Now they're going to add another 9 months of ball on top of that, while their main competitors have already been vacationing for the last 4-6-8 weeks. And done that for the last 3 years, while the Heat play to mid June.

Next year they will run out of gas, thru no fault of their own, they will just be on E with the light blinking, and then it will end.

87 Celts were the last team to get to 4 straight Finals, and that 87 team was broken, in shambles, and never the same ever again. 66 playoff games in 3 years will do that to a team. And the Heat are not young enough to absord that. Ray, Battier, Haslem, Miller, Wade all will lose a milimeter of strength. Bosh and Bron are young enough, but also entering a new time for them in terms of wear/tear and mileage/age.

Unless they add in 3 fresh new bodies as upgrades, it's not happening.

what's to say they don't do as the spurs do and just randomly sit guys throughout the season? i get the argument you're trying to make, but if you're biggest argument against them succeeding next year is they'll be tired then it seems weak. if anything i would've referenced the pacers coming back better with another year under their belts, a healthy d rose coming back etc, not to mention the strength of the western conference assuming miami does make ti back to the finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom