Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lettuce be cereal the only teams Miami has to care about in the East is Indiana and Chicago. We don't know how Rose is gonna look and they might end up matching up with each other anyways and making it even easier for Miami.

The only thing Miami has to worry about is the regular season rest. They played their main rotation guys a **** ton of minutes this year with the streak going and getting most wins in franchise history. But next year that shouldn't be an issue. 55-60 wins and Shaq type rest every few games for DWade and they should be good for another run.

Heat are winning Back to Back to Back. Book it right now.

They're gonna be relying on a lot of players who were running on fumes this year. Those players just made giant contributions at the right times.

I wouldn't be confident depending on Shane Battier, Ray Allen, Mike Miller, Birdman, Norris Cole, and Dwyane Wade's health for an entire year.

Maybe one of those factors goes in the Heat's favor for an entire year, or at least when it counts. So they gotta figure out which one and replace the rest.

Last edited:
Lettuce be cereal the only teams Miami has to care about in the East is Indiana and Chicago. We don't know how Rose is gonna look and they might end up matching up with each other anyways and making it even easier for Miami.

The only thing Miami has to worry about is the regular season rest. They played their main rotation guys a **** ton of minutes this year with the streak going and getting most wins in franchise history. But next year that shouldn't be an issue. 55-60 wins and Shaq type rest every few games for DWade and they should be good for another run.
I'm not a Knick fan at all but they'd give Miami a series.

Indiana was a bad matchup for them.

Miami didn't seen a team with as much firepower on offense as New York during this run to the finals.

The Knicks don't have a snowballs chance against Miami.

Their rotation players are older than Miami's. Woodson reverts back to his iso heavy offense in the playoffs. Melo and JR Smith have tunnel vision and don't trust anyone else on the team with the ball. They have no shot as of right now. If they could consistently play like they did in the reg season meetings against Miami they'd have a chance. But we did just see Miami beat a more efficient version of that offense last night. :lol:

They've got good pieces in place (Melo, rim protector in Chandler, shot maker in Smith, change of pace pg in Felton) but as they're currently constructed they simply don't fit.

why are the Atlanta Hawk fans so bad?
roll.gif

No they aren't.

They won't even make the Finals next year, history tells us so.

They were on FUMES this last month to get to this point. Now they're going to add another 9 months of ball on top of that, while their main competitors have already been vacationing for the last 4-6-8 weeks. And done that for the last 3 years, while the Heat play to mid June.

Next year they will run out of gas, thru no fault of their own, they will just be on E with the light blinking, and then it will end.

87 Celts were the last team to get to 4 straight Finals, and that 87 team was broken, in shambles, and never the same ever again. 66 playoff games in 3 years will do that to a team. And the Heat are not young enough to absord that. Ray, Battier, Haslem, Miller, Wade all will lose a milimeter of strength. Bosh and Bron are young enough, but also entering a new time for them in terms of wear/tear and mileage/age.

Unless they add in 3 fresh new bodies as upgrades, it's not happening.
The 1 seed will be pivotal for the heat next year. So they would only have to face either the bulls or pacers not both. If the Heat can get to the finals it will most likely be against OKC who miami matches up very well against. We need to add a big man. It would be great to add Greg Oden who has intrest in us. And if he can stay healthy it would help us against teams like the pacers. But you got to remember wade was pretty much terrible that pacers series. If he would have played the way he played in the finals that series wouldn't have went seven games. If he come hack healthier I see us getting to the finals again.

Heat are winning Back to Back to Back. Book it right now.

No they aren't.

They won't even make the Finals next year, history tells us so.

Unless they add in 3 fresh new bodies as upgrades, it's not happening.

Just replying to the jist of this...

I don't know they do play in the East. Next regular season doesn't matter. They may want the overall number one seed but at this point they've shown they can win in the playoffs on the road and if they get to the Finals all they really need is one game on the road their a different team if they get 3 home games.

Indian is not going to make that huge of a jump overall as a team they just need to get better at things. For Chicago it just relies on Rose. I don't know if he's just going to jump back to his MVP style of play this year maybe is just for knocking out some rust and regaining his confidence.

NYK and Brooklyn are no real threat and neither can make a move with all the contracts they have.

Miami doesn't need to come out dominating at all.

That dunk video was nice, but makes me sad that the season is over.

Also, :nerd: @ Hakim Warrick and J. Rich being in there. I almost forgot both of them were still playing.

That dunk video was nice, but makes me sad that the season is over.

Also, :nerd: @ Hakim Warrick and J. Rich being in there. I almost forgot both of them were still playing.

Nah man, this season was a rollercoaster, and not in a good way..

Too many downs than ups all across the board..

Its a wrap..Put a fork in this wild, wacky season..

NBA Finals Game 7: Second Highest-Rated NBA Game in ABC History

NBA Finals Game 7 on ABC – the Miami Heat defeated the San Antonio Spurs in a thriller to repeat as NBA Champions – delivered a 17.7 overnight rating, according to Nielsen. This is the second highest-rated NBA Game in ABC history. The telecast peaked at a 22.6 from 11:30 p.m. – 11:45 p.m. ET.

Game 7 is also expected to mark the 37th consecutive time an NBA Finals telecast has won the night for all of television and is the 25th straight time it has delivered double-digit overnight ratings.

The Game generated a 44.2 metered market rating in Miami, making it the highest-rated NBA Game ever in the market. Additionally, Game 7 scored big in San Antonio with a 46.4.

The 2013 NBA Finals averaged a 12.4 metered market rating, up five percent from an 11.8 for the 2012 NBA Finals.

I'm confident Rose will come back strong, I think the bigger question mark for Chicago is Boozer. Dude was being guarded by Battier in the Heat series and couldn't even score on him. This lets the Heat play their small line ups (which works much better for them) without paying for it, Bulls can't beat the Heat like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom