Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be keeping a close eye on both Beal and Barnes. People talking about they would rather have Beal :lol:

I see Rudy Gay grew some balls over the summer, finally.

“Definitely and how fitting that our first game is against the Clippers.

(Host: Do you like them? Be honest.) Honestly no I don’t.

(Host: I know you’re friends with Chris (Paul).) I mean I love him but I don’t like him anymore.

(Host: I mean that’s your brother but as a team and man look they made a new rule because of them, the flopping rule came out.) Well yeah.

(Host: What do you think about that?) One of the best parts of the playoffs last year was seeing Chris with the bonnet on. That was hilarious.”

Day 1 contributor?

I think so. Judging from summer league and these couple of preseason games...he seems way more aggressive than he did at UNC. He took Kobe in the post like he was a little *** boy :lol:

Looks like he's coming off the bench for Brandon Rush tho and rightfully so since Rush kinda earned that job last year. I expect that change soon enough.

Jus bought partial sixers season tix. "Big game package"

Heat x2
Lakers
Clips
Thunder
Knicks
Nets
Celtics
Nuggets
Pacers

Feels damn good. Copped for myself n old lady n my boy has the 2 seats next to us

: hat

Cant waitttt

Harrison Barnes is one of those dudes who have games better suited for the NBA than college. He's going to beast

:smh: I told _ man... See what he did to Kobe :lol:

:stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: @ the cavs

But.. It'll be fun to see those games where Steph Klay & Barnes are all hitting

Harrison Barnes looks like he has an high IQ for the game. I think he'll have no problem getting adjusted to the NBA.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....rson-not-likely-to-sign-play-season-in-china/

According to a source who is close with Iverson and the other team members, his training was claimed to have been sporadic at best, and lacking any form of regimental training systems. His body’s condition appeared to be in poor shape, and was deemed to be unable to sustain himself in highly intensive competitions. With his current performance and abilities on the court, he would be unable to perform in the CBA. Therefore, his chances of joining the CBA are as low as to be virtually nil….

The Beijing Ducks won the USA invitational team in an exhibition game, and Iverson scored four points in what could be best described as a poor showing. Despite his massive popularity, his performance was subpar, lacking his trademark explosiveness and offensive firepower. His speed, resistance and other physical factors had noticeably degraded. Iverson had earlier claimed to be in training for potential participation in the CBA, but it appears that the situation is not what he had promised during the earlier promotional activities

:smh::smh::smh:

I don't think anybody thought he was going to be a bust, he had the highest floor of just about any prospect, I just think he lacks upside, I don't think he can be a 1 on or a 2 on a championship team, but a 3? sure.

Wait, now people like Harrison Barnes?
im saying

and i love the "he will be a better NBA player then he was college"

said the same thing about corey jospeh Tristan thompson, elliot williams, xavier henry, daniel orton, lance stephenson, oj mayo, tyler honeycutt, josh selby the list goes on

Aren't the Mavs like the third team to lose to a Euro team in preseason now 
laugh.gif

Pre-season, shut up.

Dirk was like 2/8 yesterday.

Let things play out.

That said, I've loved what I've seen from DoJo all summer.

I hope our back-court rotation won't go any deeper than Collison, Mayo, West, and DoJo. Maybe Roddy if one of those guys gets hurt.

Collison and DoJo are the two best players at creating for others.

Last edited:
JA, my thing is....will OJ be the 2nd or 3rd option? To me, it seems like Dirk is #1 and Kaman #2. I'm trying to figure out why OJ's minutes are around that 24-26 mark. Yes, I know its preseason, but Carlisle played 3 of his starters 30+ minutes last game and ended up playing Collison and Brand 30+ today. Is it due to the fact that you all have an overload at the guard position?

I know its early, but I never liked the fit with OJ in Dallas. I think he fell in love with the fact that Carlisle was coaching the team, more so than looking at an overall fit. At the same time, he took a paycut and he may not even get his shine on like he could have on a weaker team. Not to mention, he wants to be a PG really bad and Billups is one of his favorite players. So, why would he go to Dallas just to play SG under Carlisle? Did Carlisle promise him a chance at PG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom