Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how reputable the NY Daily News is but:
Link
mean.gif
Nets are in a pretty bad situation too, I don't know why he'd want to go there. 

#15and18

@ Houston, @ SAS, OKC, Cle, Mil, Mia, @ T.O., @ Chi, @ Mem, Utah, OKC

Those are their next 11... Could get drastically worse :wow: :smh:

So.....a league source told a NEW YORK paper about an issue in LA, but not a single world from the 50 LA people that report on the Lakers?

And New Jersey might be there to help out?

A New York paper, right?

Ok. :lol:

But the Nets are in BROOKLYN, NEW YORK now. I mean I feel you, because the Knicks are the only team that matters in NY. But why wouldnt the Daily News get reports on the Nets as well.

I dont see why that was so far fetched. Unless you really dont want to believe the Lakers would take Brook for Dwight and your in denial.

My point is, how would a NY paper hear about a fight, and not ONE single LA media person say a word?

Not one tweet.

Nothing.

But a NY paper, on New Year's, gets the insight? You really believe that?

Really?

:lol:

My point is, how would a NY paper hear about a fight, and not ONE single LA media person say a word?
Not one tweet.
Nothing.
Really?

Yea, I agree, story is fabricated. Considering how many LA reporters are following the Lakers it's nonsense.

I said before the season that if the Lakers didn't make the Finals, I didn't think Dwight would resign in LA because the Lakers wouldn't get any better or younger. (I got slammed)

With the Lakers underachieving this bad and possibly ending this season in complete embarrassment, it's no question in my mind he'd be gone.

In his heart he wanted and probably still wants to go to Brooklyn (just don't know if that's possible, unless the Nets trade Lopez for D12, or trade him in the summer to free up space to sign Dwight). I never ruled out D12 still going to BK, but it'd be difficult.

The Rockets would be the other team that has to look good in Howard's eyes.

Not one tweet.

Nothing.

Really?

I see what your saying. But NY media and LA media are 2 totally different beasts. LA still wants the Dwight thing to work so why put infighting out there to the country. While NY media loves controversy. And they obviously have some underlying motives to try and get Dwight to Brooklyn. And they are saying the fight happened on NYs they just got the story today.

But I agree with you on the fact that I highly doubt Dwight had to be restrained from physically fighting Kobe. But there is obviously some stuff going on there. And Dwight @ the start of the year called out Kobe and that has gone away because I think guys in LA nipped that in the bud and told Dwight dont go to the media and blast Kobe. Its not gonna win him over any fans coming @ Kobe and would prolly bring more harm than good to him because of how much Kobe is loved and respected.

Either way, LA isnt in a good spot right now and I dont see why at this point Dwight would stay unless things turn around. So the best thing LA could do is try to flip him for something. Unless behind the scenes Dwight is telling them he will resign in the offseason. But we all know how concrete Dwights word is.

Unless the Lakers want Brook Lopez, Dwight isn't going to Brooklyn any time soon.

Right, Lakers wouldn't want Brook Lopez, so Dwight going to BK this year wouldn't happen.

However, if the Nets trade Lopez after the season (during the draft maybe) they could sign Dwight in FA. But they'd only do that if they were 100% sure they could sign D12.

Unless the Lakers want Brook Lopez, Dwight isn't going to Brooklyn any time soon.

Right, Lakers wouldn't want Brook Lopez, so Dwight going to BK this year wouldn't happen.

However, if the Nets trade Lopez after the season (during the draft maybe) they could sign Dwight in FA. But they'd only do that if they were 100% sure they could sign D12.
They couldn't given all the money that's tied up in D-Will, JJ, Crash and Hump.

They couldn't given all the money that's tied up in D-Will, JJ, Crash and Hump.

They could actually. They'd have to get rid of Hump (which wouldn't matter) but they could keep the rest of them. They'd have to pay an extreme amount of luxury taxes but Prok has no problem doing so.

When Dwight was almost shipped to BK in July, it only worked as long as Brook and Hump weren't on the payroll. The Magic just didn't want to make the trade.

Last edited:
They could trade away Lopez and Hump for NOTHING and still wouldn't have enough room to sign Dwight.

Arguments happen all the time in all locker rooms. So it shouldn't surprise people that dwight and kb are clashing.

I would be upset too if Im the best big man in the game and a past his prime SG didn't past me the ball.

They could trade away Lopez and Hump for NOTHING and still wouldn't have enough room to sign Dwight.

Yea, they'd be over the cap but they'd be paying the highest luxury taxes ever known to the NBA.

Prok doesn't care :lol:

^^^Maybe the fight didn't happen exactly as the NY paper reported it, but its clear that there's tension with the Lakers. You have Dwight's comments about them having to at least "act" like they like each other. And Kobe said something last night about it starting to get chippy in the locker room, as was reported on NBAtv. Plus, you can just tell by watching them that there's next to no chemistry with the team. Going to be real interesting to see where this all goes.

Doo you can't take one day off...ONE...from hating Kobe? :lol:

I'm not blind I know Kobe has his flaws.
Most of our players do.
Everyone's accountable in my eyes.
But man...Dwight can't create his own shot to save his life.
Andrews post game >>> Dwight's.
I said it years ago and ill say it again, a healthy Bynum offensively is the best Center in today's game.

However, dude isn't healthy and all that YOLO'ing has gotten to dudes head...he's done. :smh:

Those Phil pics had me dying last night when I was tipsy :lol:

Man...our team sucks so bad that its not even that upsetting anymore.
Yeah I hate it, but it's become entertaining now. Like how much of a joke can it be to have these players losing games every day? How can a coach not figure out how to use this kinda talent successfully?

I don't know but it's hilarious that they can't figure it out. Deep down depressing? Yes.
But hilarious none-the-less.

Keep the memes and pics coming Doo. Honestly They are the best part of our current season :lol:

But man...Dwight can't create his own shot to save his life.
Andrews post game >>> Dwight's.
I said it years ago and ill say it again, a healthy Bynum offensively is the best Center in today's game.

I don't agree with this. Dwight is the best center in the game, but he's not getting enough touches. He's averaging 17+ pts(on 10 attempts) while barely getting passed the ball. The way the offense is being run is making him look bad, no center would thrive in this current system period.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom