Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rudy Gay is the ultimate permanent potential guy, you guys see things in him that he has never actually has managed to produce on the court.

The difference between Iggy and Rudy Gay's offensive production has been negligible.

FWIW, Igoudala is a better player than Rudy overall. Rudy's offense is only marginally better, while AI's defense blows him out of the water.

Iggy isn't a great offensive player by any means, but Rudy Gay isn't exactly Kevin Durant. This season Rudy is scoring 4 more points a game but it's taking him 5 more shots. For their career they have roughly the same rebound rate, while Iggy's assist rate is double. They make roughly the same amount of FTs and 3s per game. 

Rudy is the better offensive talent, sure. But we're not talking about one on one, we're talking about as a championship team. I take an elite wing defender who gets 15, 6, and 5 a game as my 2nd or 3rd option over an inefficient SF who doesn't do anything exceptionally well.
and this is the whole thing that memphis homer will never get

OKB touched on it. Deng and Iggy are elite defenders for there postion and above AVG on offense. Rudy gay is AVG on both sides of the ball. and elite at nothing.

im not even calling rudy gay a bum, but top 5 SF and legit number 2 on a title winning team is going way overboard with him.

For the hell of it:
Where do you get these from? I have arguments with my friends all the time and these would be beyond useful
I would take Iggy over Gay in a heartbeat. What Iggy brings to the floor w/ his defense alone is more valuable than anything Gay does.

Gay has a Joe Johnson contract, I feel bad for Raptors fan cuz you're stuck in mediocrity until his contract expires.
That means no Jerome Randle, Andrew Wiggins or Jabari Parker.
those guys weren't going to be Canada-bound anyway
Really? Theyre getting that pick? Dman

Last edited:
The Thunder own their next lottery pick anyways (top 3 protected), got it from Houston in the James Harden trade (Lowry)

Those guys are 2014 players, we will miss the playoffs most likely meaning you get it this year.
Not if you guys get a top 3 pick, which is what I am hoping and praying for because I don't like the '13 draft. Need you to lose more and/or get a fortunate ping pong bounce.

I meant Julius Randle btw.

and I guess the Raptors didn't want to hand OKC a 3-7 draft pick this year, so they picked up Gay hoping they could make a push for the playoffs + gain experience.
Raptors will win more w/ Gay but it won't mean anything but possible 1st round exits.

My problem is you have to get better thru the draft and you just a built a fringe playoff team, the worst position for a team.
Just bottom out, Jonas was a good move. Imagine if they picked Drummond ( I like Ross, but still).

You can always try and trade everyone and tank next year after OKC gets this year's pick :lol:

Rudy Gay isn't important enough to be discussed at this length. We get it, he's an underachiever and Toronto will never win anything.

All NBA Potential Team

Rudy Gay
Josh Smith
Andre Iguodala
Kevin Martin
Demar Derozan

Gerald Wallace

This team would do something. Eventually. :rolleyes

Why Jerome Randle though?
Julius? I like Julius more than Wiggins too. Wiggins is kind of just a ridiculous athlete, Julius is only slightly less athletic but has a legit post game, off the dribble, and passer. At least that's what I took from multiple Hoopmixtapes :lol:

All NBA Potential Team

Rudy Gay
Josh Smith
Andre Iguodala
Kevin Martin
Demar Derozan

Gerald Wallace

This team would do something. Eventually.
eyes.gif
For the hell of it:

Where do you get these from? I have arguments with my friends all the time and these would be beyond useful
Vorped
I love you bro
All NBA Potential Team

Rudy Gay
Josh Smith
Andre Iguodala
Kevin Martin
Demar Derozan

Gerald Wallace

This team would do something. Eventually.
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
We could really make a full roster full of these people. Brandon Jennings, Eric Gordon, Ernes Kanter, The #draft pick Mike Beas, it goes on forver

Andre Iguodala is the most overrated player on the planet. I had to watch him think he was LeBron and Kobe combined for the Sixers for 8 long, mediocre years. I appreciated that he barely ever missed a game though.

Rudy Gay is an underrated defender and is an above average offensive player.

Rudy>Iggy, Deng. Sometimes, Stats and shot charts don't tell the whole story..

Sidenote: I remember when they kept saying A.I. was stunting AI2's growth :smh: They said the same think with Stuckey :smh:

Last edited:
All NBA Potential Team

Rudy Gay

Josh Smith

Andre Iguodala

Kevin Martin

Demar Derozan

Gerald Wallace

This team would do something. Eventually. :rolleyes
:lol: We could really make a full roster full of these people. Brandon Jennings, Eric Gordon, Ernes Kanter, The #draft pick Mike Beas, it goes on forever

:lol: How could i forget Jennings ?? And my favorite non-so-elite player in Monta Ellis. Damn, you really could make a full roster :lol:

That's true, but they aren't the only championship contending team where the 2nd option wasn't a high caliber player.

Look at the Knicks this year. Right up there with the top teams in the league, but they don't have a high caliber 2nd option (Tyson Chandler is a great defensive player, but not a high caliber player like Bosh, Griffin, Parker, etc)

The Pacers, Nuggets, and Bulls (without Rose) are all teams that are thriving and top seeded without a high caliber 2nd option.

All of those teams have a good coaching system and role players who can fit that system well. Right now the Raptors have Gay, Lowry, Derozan, and probably something decent in return for Bargnani once he gets traded. So what's stopping this team from being a top seeded team in the east with Gay as the best player?

Honestly I don't think any of the teams you mentioned are genuine championship contenders, for that exact reason. And I include the Knicks... When you don't have a legit second star and you lean on your #1 SO much, you will get worn down in a 7 game series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom