Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just caught the Bulls game on DVR.

D Will looked GREAT, on both ends. Had that bounce in his step from Utah.

Last edited:
Just caught the Bulls game on DVR.

D Will looked GREAT, on both ends. Had that bounce in his step from Utah.
D Will was amazing and so was Lopez.  If they have a chance to make a series against Miami It'll be from Brook going off...  People have been down on the Nets but they have a team right now and if Joe Johnson is just halfway decent they can be contenders.

Paul George or Josh Smith?..Who you got?

Probably Paul George but they are very similar in production so I couldn't be made if someone chose Smith.

But IMO there are a lot of those 15-18ppg players from Rudy Gay, Brandon Jennings, Monta, OJ, Smith in NY, Smith in ATL, Crawford in LAC, I could go on, although George at times is a stats sheet stuffer.

But there are a lot of players who at least from a statistic perspective, are comparable to Paul George. Good players with the ability and talent to break out and have big time games here and there.

Point is those guys I mentioned to me aren't close to stars, so I can't say that George is a "Star." Let's see what he does in these playoffs.

Last edited:
Probably Paul George but they are very similar in production so I couldn't be made if someone chose Smith.

But IMO there are a lot of those 15-18ppg players from Rudy Gay, OJ, Smith in NY, Smith in ATL, Crawford in LAC, I could go on, although George at times is a stats sheet stuffer.

But there are a lot of players who at least from a statistic perspective, are comparable to Paul George. Good players with the ability and talent to break out and have big time games here and there.

Point is those guys I mentioned to me aren't close to stars, so I can't say that George is a "Star." Let's see what he does in these playoffs.

From a statistical standpoint I think George is only an All-Star because his team was 2nd in the east at the time. No way they could just not select ANYBODY from their team :lol:

I'd take George over Smith tho. Smith's effort level seems extremely low at times, like he doesn't give the slightest of damns about the game.

I like the editing on the Jennings/Wade vid. If you watch the whole thing, it isn't nearly as bad as they tried to make it out to be. That's some ESPN type stuff :lol:

From a statistical standpoint I think George is only an All-Star because his team was 2nd in the east at the time. No way they could just not select ANYBODY from their team :lol:

I'd take George over Smith tho. Smith's effort level seems extremely low at times, like he doesn't give the slightest of damns about the game.

Completely agree. That's why I said his team's record has to be top 3 in the conference because from a statistical perspective, no way is he an all star off of production alone. But, because Indy was so good this year they had to pick someone off of their team to be an all star.

And Josh Smith's effort is very low at times, but so is Paul George. This happens with a lot of these 15-17ppg guys and I think this is what separates them from that "other tier." Production wise they are so inconsistent. Rudy Gay, OJ, Brandon Jennings, Monta, Paul George, Josh Smith, Crawford, these are guys that throw up 30 point games, and then turn around and throw up 2 and 3 point games, 9 point games, baffling.

Last edited:
I don't got an issue with Jennings saying his squad is gonna win. Someone has to believe in them cause no one else will :lol:

Completely agree. That's why I said his team's record has to be top 3 in the conference because from a statistical perspective, no way is he an all star off of production alone. But, because Indy was so good this year they had to pick someone off of their team to be an all star.

And Josh Smith's effort is very low at times, but so is Paul George. This happens with a lot of these 15-17ppg guys and I think this is what separates them from that "other tier." Production wise they are so inconsistent. Rudy Gay, OJ, Paul George, Josh Smith, Crawford, these are guys that throw up 30 point games, and then turn around and throw up 2 and 3 point games, 9 point games, baffling.
I don't believe it's an effort issue personally, it's just that these guys genuinely don't have the talent to take them to next tier (Paul George the jury is still out, he could be a star).  Gay plays hard but just isn't good enough, same for OJ, Smith will never be a good shooter or complete offensive player, Crawford is skilled but doesn't have the IQ to be more than a chucker, etc.  On a good night they can score 30 if everything's going well and on a good season they might make a an all-star team but they've already reached their ceilings...  You have to accept that their ultimate fate is going to be that 15-17 but I think it's a matter of talent, not effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom