Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
laugh.gif
 @ the Thunder "couldn't win with him as their third option" when they were a team full of dudes in their early 20s.

But I bet if someone said a team can't win with Melo as their first option you'd be ready to jump down somebody's throat.

Lowry ain't coming back. He and McHale don't get along. I'd love to have Aldridge, but isn't he under contract?

I'd take Millsap though. Hoping he doesn't ask for max money though.

It's okay, we got big Dwight coming through in free agency
smokin.gif
i honestly would pass on dwight and go after aldrige and keep asik and see if toronto would swap lin for lowry. 
You would pass on the best center in the league? Adding Dwight could potentially make the Rockets like the 09 Magics (Elite big and sharp 3-point shooters), execpt BETTER. We have the best SG in the NBA, once Kobe retires that is. 
nthat.gif
#bringdwight

Last edited:
You would pass on the best center in the league? Adding Dwight could potentially make the Rockets like the 09 Magics (Elite big and sharp 3-point shooters), execpt BETTER. We have the best SG in the NBA, once Kobe retires that is. 
nthat.gif

#bringdwight

I wouldnt mind 1 of 2 things happening, both include us sending away lin in some deal similar to the hawks getting rid of JJ. We get big dwight and cp3 joins, or we get big dwight and K Love the next year. The rebounds :x

The NBAs second leading scorer, in his first season being the go to guy, "needs to be the 2-3 option of you want to contend"

Goodnight yall. I'm out.

He's getting exposed. All I'm saying is they are never getting past the 1st round if they dont add a better piece.

The Thunder couldnt win with Harden as their 3rd option. Harden cant be your #1 option if you want to get anywhere.

:lol:

You know dude is only like 24 and he's gotten better every year of his career right?

Y'all be so quick to put labels on dudes

How did Harden get exposed? He should be a 2nd or 3rd option? Y'all are ridiculous man. Son avg. 24 a game n the regular season wth else do y'all want.

I want OKC to win, but damn y'all hating on Harden like he has a team full of solid players and they still losing. They're the 8th seed, anybody who expected the Rockets to make this a real series is sipping Molly water, James can only do so much. Nothing about this has "exposed" him, he's still the best SG in the west not named Kobe Bryant.

Harden is playing like trash again like he did in the 2012 Finals and in the Olympics

Real season paper superstar

Last edited:
He also has one of the leagues elite perimeter defenders on him for most of the game in thabo sefalosha... just saying

Lowry ain't coming back. He and McHale don't get along. I'd love to have Aldridge, but isn't he under contract?

I'd take Millsap though. Hoping he doesn't ask for max money though.
milsap aint bad. but isn't he undersized fo a 4 ? sucks about lowry because lin is good enough to skate by in the reg season but in the playoffs hes food. think about it tp9,cp3, westbrook, curry ,lawson, lilard, conely, all get the green light aginst him. 

Kevin Love would be the PERFECT fit for our system. A big who not only rebounds extremely well, but moves up and down the court pretty quickly and can shoot 3s. If only..

Last edited:
nthat.gif
#bringdwight
Lol best center...dude is a top 5 center and thats only because there is only like 5 true centers in the league. Dwight as of now is in his peak years....at this present time this is the apex of his career.. Dude isnt a good one on one defender, he has no post skill what so ever (outside of his youth/athleticism/size advantage over his opponents) his bball iq is almost non existent, he doesnt have a face up game, not a particularly good passer, and because of the back/shoulder injury...is sadly but slowly declining in the one thing that sets him apart gives him an advantage over opponents.

I mean with a few pieces and dwight...its possible they could maybe be a championship caliber team for a few years (3-4) or so at max. Long term it wouldnt be wise to get him, and unless they get a pg and a few other key pieces...dwight wouldnt make much of a difference. At best they would be a higher seed in the west coast, and be on par with a team like the clippers.

nthat.gif
#bringdwight
only if we get the package deal of Dwight and Stan 

I don't like Dwight but who's really a better true "center" than him?
Yep. He's the best of what we got in front of us. Wanting him to be an offensive force when he's not blinds some from appreciating the good.

I don't like Dwight but who's really a better true "center" than him?
like someone else stated...kevin love would be ideal...i mean the direction of the league is finesse and skill set...i mean when is the last time a team who was based and formed around a big man won a chip? Kobe with pau and somewhat bynum. If the could get a hard nose scrappy...blue collar type center...a pf like a love or aldridge...a point guard and a decent/good starting small forward. Wouldnt hurt to get some defenders either.They would be a pretty formidable foe for any team in the west.

Last edited:
Yep. He's the best of what we got in front of us. Wanting him to be an offensive force when he's not blinds some from appreciating the good.

That's what I'm saying. I acknowledge his faults, but people act like there's a whole bunch of centers in the league that's better than him, and that's just not the case.

He under achieves based on what we know he can do. But his underachieving is still better than 95% of centers n the league.

Kevin Love will never be a true center even if the league is trending towards more of a finesse style like you say. Finesse or not, his outside game is WAY too refined for that. He won the damn three-point competition last year. :lol:

If the could get a hard nose scrappy...blue collar type center...a pf like a love or aldridge...a point guard and a decent/good starting small forward. They would be a pretty formidable foe for any team in the west.
That's a LONG damn wish/"what-if" list. :rofl: Know how many teams could be "a formidable foe in the West" if they put 4 what-if upgrades on their team?

Last edited:
The NBAs second leading scorer, in his first season being the go to guy, "needs to be the 2-3 option of you want to contend"

Goodnight yall. I'm out.
Harden is the NBA's 2nd leading scorer? When did that happen? I thought that was KD? or are you talking about KD and confused to who and what you replying too?
You dudes are prisoners of the moment like hell.

Harden has ONE bad stretch in a playoff series on an 8th seeded squad that he DRAGGED to the playoffs and now he needs to be a "2-3 option"?

Unbelievable.
Technically this is 2nd bad stretch unless you just want to ignore the finals cuz he aint show up.

Overall I agree, they're not getting anything better than Harden in FA or a trade at this point.. To me they need a really good wing defender, get rid of Lin, and a few more vets off the bench to be better.

I like Harden, he can be a #1. I aint giving up on him and labeling him yet. The fact of the matter is his supporting cast is not enough. He's doing pretty well given the circumstances.
I wouldn't mind parlaying asik and Lin for Dwight and cp3 :lol:
Talking like a Laker fan :lol:

Last edited:
Kevin Love will never be a true center even if the league is trending towards more of a finesse style like you say. Finesse or not, his outside game is WAY too refined for that. He won the damn three-point competition last year.
laugh.gif

That's a LONG damn wish/"what-if" list.
roll.gif
Know how many teams could be "a formidable foe in the West" if they put 4 what-if upgrades on their team?
never said he was a center...but last i check the current nba champs didnt have a dominating big man...hell last couple of champs didnt have a dominant big man...Not really a long list...and it is very possible. there are several journeymen, players that can be had for the low. They have money...instead of breaking bank on dwight, they could easily get a servicable big man ala like a perkins (in his celtics days)... a decent to good pg, and do a couple of sign/trades etc for 1 or 2 good perimeter defensive players.

You dudes are prisoners of the moment like hell.

Harden has ONE bad stretch in a playoff series on an 8th seeded squad that he DRAGGED to the playoffs and now he needs to be a "2-3 option"?

Unbelievable.

/thread

Its not even about his bad stretch. Its just the small things add up......turnovers in crunch time, shot selection, terrible step back 3s, missed FTs. You dont expect that from the "2nd best SG in the league" or the "should be MVP."

I dunno maybe i just had higher expectations from him (not the stats).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom