OFFICIAL NBA 2018 NBA Draft & Rookie Thread: NT SL Represent!

Who won Draft night?

• PHX - Deandre & Mikal

• LAL - Wagner & Not Drafting Galo Ball

• PHI - Z. Smith, Shamet & Unprotected MIA 2021

• BOS - Rob Williams

• DAL - Luka & Little Greek

• DEN - MPJ at 16

• SAS - Lonnie Walker

• Adrian Wojnarowski's Vocabulary

• NYK - Knox & Mitchell Robinson

Results are only viewable after voting.
I was a fan of healthy porter but who knows what the surgery did to him

If he's anything like he was when healthy I'm taking him top 5

Seems like his whole ordeal was a bit weird though

It happened to Harry Giles so it's not out of the question. We just need to see him play a couple of games.
Difference is giles played and showed what state he was in

If Porter doesn't play it probably helps his stock more than hurts it. If he plays and looks off it could send him down

Millions are at stake and Porter is not guaranteed a 2nd contract. He needs to get as much from his rookie deal as possible.

He shouldn’t log a single minute. I’d have him doing routines from pre-draft workouts from now until the draft.

Edit: Giles woulda went top 10 if he sat out. Instead he played, looked awful, got hurt again. Porter’s ppl have to be smarter. My guy just gave you the blueprint on what not to do.

Don't really think you can compare the situations of Giles and Porter due to the types of players they are. Giles main calling card was that he was a freak athlete and that allowed him to do certain things on the court that other bigs couldn't. Given the number of injuries that he's had, I think it's a big gamble whether or not he'd regain that level of athleticism that made him the prospect he once was. If Porter just shows that he can still knock down 3s at 6'10", his draft stock is going to be fine.

Giles had injury questions before he even graduated high school, missed whole seasons since his Junior year and came back in college a shell of himself ...Porter was fine in high school all the way thru till the start of the season at Mizzou and if he comes back ok then nobody will be worried

I know Harry Giles was going to be brought up :rofl:

HG hasn't been healthy since the summer going to his junior yr

Was there any big board in June through November 2016 that had Giles outside of the top 5-10?

He killed his stock when he started logging mins. Same thing might happen to Porter

I feel that a team will take jaren Jackson top 3

I feel like it'll go ayton, Luka, jackson for the most part, just depending on which teams get which picks

At this point even with porter having great workouts I think he's safely out of the top 3

Trae and bamba to me are the only other options to get into the top 3, I don't think a team will take bagley there

My personal top 3 is ayton, Luka, bamba then trae then have to see porters condition

Jaren Jackson today, whoa

He's just showing every skill on both ends

The ibaka comp is good, I can see that, a lil bit of Rasheed Wallace a lil bosh.. hopefully he stays hungry and keeps improving

I think Jackson is going to be a very, very good complementary player. He would be a good fit for a team that already has primary/secondary scoring options in place. Phoenix, Cleveland and Dallas would be good spots for him.

Back
Top Bottom