OFFICIAL NBA 2018 NBA Draft & Rookie Thread: NT SL Represent!

Who won Draft night?

• PHX - Deandre & Mikal

• LAL - Wagner & Not Drafting Galo Ball

• PHI - Z. Smith, Shamet & Unprotected MIA 2021

• BOS - Rob Williams

• DAL - Luka & Little Greek

• DEN - MPJ at 16

• SAS - Lonnie Walker

• Adrian Wojnarowski's Vocabulary

• NYK - Knox & Mitchell Robinson

Results are only viewable after voting.
Bagley is one of those prospects that's hard to compare. He's super talented offensively, I'm just not sure how much of it will translate to the NBA. I'm not too fond of the Chris Bosh comparison.

Feel like he's the type of player that'll put up numbers throughout his career that wont really equate to any winning (ex: Zach Randolph)

Bagley is one of those prospects that's hard to compare. He's super talented offensively, I'm just not sure how much of it will translate to the NBA. I'm not too fond of the Chris Bosh comparison.

Feel like he's the type of player that'll put up numbers throughout his career that wont really equate to any winning (ex: Zach Randolph)

I’m gonna say the opposite man. I was low on Bagley coming into the year and thought his thinnish frame would get knocked around but that dude has dog in him. He hustles his *** off and really actually plays hard. Great motor. He’s smart too, can hit the three ball. That dude is gonna be a player.

Na he definitely has some dog in him. I just dont think his transition to the NBA will be that smooth. Defensively he's pretty bad. Do you play him at the 4? 5?

Now that I think about it, he reminds me of a more athletic Zach Randolph. Except no where near as strong, so I dont think much of his bully ball offensive game will transfer :lol:

Not an elite guy, but Jacob Evans is a good 3 and D prospect for the back of the 1st/early 2nd. People loved McCaw coming out of school and I think that he's a better prospect than him.

They were god awful this year and he wasn’t good but there’s a part of me that really believes Terry Larrier can be a solid 3 & D guy in the league.

Bagley got a lot of Julius Randle in him but he's probably a lil more refined when judging them at the same age

I think he can play both positions depending on matchups much like Randle does

Na he definitely has some dog in him. I just dont think his transition to the NBA will be that smooth. Defensively he's pretty bad. Do you play him at the 4? 5?

Now that I think about it, he reminds me of a more athletic Zach Randolph. Except no where near as strong, so I dont think much of his bully ball offensive game will transfer :lol:

Like you said, he’s hard to compare. I think how smart and explosive he is and how he isn’t scared of the moment and has hit plenty of clutch shots and took over when Duke has needed him to this year will translate. He’s also a great rebounder and that’s something that always seems to translate. He’s sure as hell no Harry Giles.

Bagley got a lot of Julius Randle in him but he's probably a lil more refined when judging them at the same age

I think he can play both positions depending on matchups much like Randle does

Wasn't Randle more of a bully ball type of player? He would use his physical advantages to get his way rather than his skillset? He would also only go left.

But I see where you are coming from in terms of size and having similar roles in the NBA. I think Bagley's ceiling is higher and his refined skills will go a long way.

Wasn't Randle more of a bully ball type of player? He would use his physical advantages to get his way rather than his skillset? He would also only go left.

But I see where you are coming from in terms of size and having similar roles in the NBA. I think Bagley's ceiling is higher and his refined skills will go a long way.
Yeah, Bagley is more of a finesse version of Randle, but as far as overall impact on the game, I think they could be pretty similar, and have pointed that out before. I think Bagley has a higher ceiling though.

Randle is def more bully ballish but I do think bagley has that wrecklessness about him that is very similar to Randle and I don't even mean it in a derogatory sense. It can be effective

They both use their physical tools in a bulldozer style, but like I mentioned bagley seems to be a bit more refined with his all around skill

I feel that they can lead a similar trajectory I don't know if I see bagley maxing out as a bosh but I do certainly believe his ceiling is higher than randles was at the same age

I don’t think they are similar at all. I think Bagley eventually shoots it very well at a 38-40% clip from 3.

Athletically it isn’t close either.

I don’t think they are similar at all. I think Bagley eventually shoots it very well at a 38-40% clip from 3.

Athletically it isn’t close either.
I'm a bit hesitant to think Bagley can be that kind of 3pt shooter when he's a poor FT shooter, but who knows. Al Horford was a similarly poor FT shooter in college and is now shooting 43% from 3 :lol:

I'm a bit hesitant to think Bagley can be that kind of 3pt shooter when he's a poor FT shooter, but who knows. Al Horford was a similarly poor FT shooter in college and is now shooting 43% from 3 :lol:

Yeah but he’s already shooting 36 as an 18 yr old and the stroke is pretty pure. Have to imagine that gets even better.

Agree, have him ahead of Porter, but always have.
I do as well. I have some doubts about Porter's ability to score off the dribble against elite competition. Draft order is going to play a big role in where some of these guys go in the top 6-7.

Back
Top Bottom