• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dudes are rewriting entire narratives to discredit Westbrook (and it's of no surprise it's mostly Harden fans & guys who love ADV stats) So let me use some ADV stats to stop the ********

1) Kanter Was playing 4 minutes less last year & averaging more points then he is this year. he had a rebound rate of 17.6 last year, his career average is 18.
2) Victor Oladipo (who was already given the keys to a team once & was Benched for Fournier) had his best statistical season playing next to Russ last year. Career highs in FG% & 3P%. He was the second option, this year he's the Primary ball handler & scoring option now so his numbers are up.
3) Sabonis was a rookie playing 20 mpg & has a severely different roll now
4) Mcdermott played all of 20 games with OKC last year after a late trade & dealing with injuries, this year he's healthy playing about 5 more minutes per game & averaging a whopping 2 points more.

So in reality Kanter is playing at the same level he did in OKC, Victor had his best year of his career playing in OKC & now has the role of a #1 option, Sabonis made a natural progression from being a rookie & getting more minutes.

What's that? FAX. Contract max, I gotta bring that **** back.

Dudes are rewriting entire narratives to discredit Westbrook (and it's of no surprise it's mostly Harden fans & guys who love ADV stats) So let me use some ADV stats to stop the ********

2) Victor Oladipo (who was already given the keys to a team once & was Benched for Fournier) had his best statistical season playing next to Russ last year. Career highs in FG% & 3P%. He was the second option, this year he's the Primary ball handler & scoring option now so his numbers are up.
You literally picked out 2 stats that were marginally better and instantly called it his best statistical season. In the season before going to OKC, he had more PPG, RPG, APG, SPG, BPG, more free throw attempts, higher PER, more win shares offensively and defensively, etc.....

You literally picked out 2 stats that were marginally better and instantly called it his best statistical season. In the season before going to OKC, he had more PPG, RPG, APG, SPG, BPG, more free throw attempts, higher PER, more win shares offensively and defensively, etc.....

On top off that, noticed how he referenced TRB rate instead of DRB rate for Kanter

IMG_0360.PNG

Last edited:
Let's act like kd didnt have his best and most efficient seasons when
Russ was injured most of the year(kds mvp season ) and when he switched teams last year. That's just a coincidence tho. That's besides everyone else.

Lol. Nah. Juvie trash. Is what it is.the music did age like milk tho. Ha , bling bling..... Lol.

Spitta is my guy but even he knows Juve a legend. 400 degreez one of my top 3 albums. Gets played weekly.

Gon ride with me
Flossin season
Ghetto Children
UPT
Run For It
Rich ******
Juvenile on Fire

All fire. Bout to make me throw it on right now.

Spitta is my guy but even he knows Juve a legend. 400 degreez one of my top 3 albums. Gets played weekly.

Gon ride with me
Flossin season
Ghetto Children
UPT
Run For It
Rich *****s
Juvenile on Fire

All fire. Bout to make me throw it on right now.
always hated that album. Even when it just popped off. Always disliked juvie but hey do you. .

Not even the best cash money album imo. Mannie fresh was that dude on them beats tho. Gotta say that . I like that Texas music more then the Nola music Tho , always have.
That master p , cash money didn't really do it for me
. That ugk ish. Love Texas music.

What's your opinion on why OKC is struggling this year? Or WB's struggles in particular?

Three guys who are use to being Iso heavy scorers is gonna take time to adjust, i feel like everyone would have guessed that. this is especially showing in crunch time, where they seem to be losing a lot of their games. There's also little to no execution of an offense by the coaching staff & that's hurting them.

Three guys who are use to being Iso heavy scorers is gonna take time to adjust, i feel like everyone would have guessed that. this is especially showing in crunch time, where they seem to be losing a lot of their games. There's also little to no execution of an offense by the coaching staff & that's hurting them.
The offensive sets or lack thereof is the biggest problem to me. So much iso and everyone else standing around. So many of the quick hitter looks they run for PG work really well. Simple **** like down screens into a dribble handoff, or elevators would be easy action.

Okay so his best season was the one where he was benched? ...... yet somehow Russell Westbrook was holding his game back?

not to mention the differences in the stats is minimal as hell
.1 more points per
.3 more rebounds
.7 more assist
.4 more assist etc etc

so basically we saw Oladipo for three seasons as the main guy on his team & all the opportunity, never came near the level of production he has today. He goes to OKC as the second option puts up stats that are either his career best or a few decimal points off........ & somehow we are blaming Russell Westbrook for holding his game back? how does that make sense?

Someone literally just stated Kanter wasn't given a chance to do what he's doing this season... he did the exact same thing last season. Same with Mcdermott.

The offensive sets or lack thereof is the biggest problem to me. So much iso and everyone else standing around. So many of the quick hitter looks they run for PG work really well. Simple **** like down screens into a dribble handoff, or elevators would be easy action.
I think that putting it on the coaching staff alone is an easy out. Anyone who watched Pacers or Knicks basketball the last couple years could tell you how much PG and Melo have struggled to break out of iso ball. That's aside from any issues with Westbrook.

Agreed but the narrative in here is that Russell just doesn't "run the offense". they literally do nothing to get any of their scorers in easy positions.

He brought up Kanter’s rebound rate but not Sabonis’s, which has literally doubled.

He's playing 5 more minutes per game this year & the 2nd & 3rd best rebounders on the team are Myles Turner(who missed half of the games) at 7.6 & Thadeus Young at 5.9

Last year rebounding #'s on OKC
Russ at 10, Adams at 7.7, Kanter at 6.7, Roberson & Taj at about 5.

In OKC he just had less opportunity & playing time. Not to mention he was a Rookie......

On top of this all dudes keep harping on Rebounding as if the COACH OF THE TEAM, didn't state that he prefers Russ getting the boards so he can attack on the break... it's part of the gameplan from the coach, why are we acting as if this somehow hurts the team or hampers the players around hims game?

Last edited:
I think that putting it on the coaching staff alone is an easy out. Anyone who watched Pacers or Knicks basketball the last couple years could tell you how much PG and Melo have struggled to break out of iso ball. That's aside from any issues with Westbrook.
Biggest problem and putting it on the coaching staff alone are not close to being the same thing. I know that you dislike Melo, but you don't have to twist my words into something that I'm clearly not saying.

Paul George is certainly the best out of the big three in terms of playing off of the ball and he's been more than willing to be a spot shooter as well. The ball definitely sticks in Russ and Melo's hands too long for a lot of the time. They're slowly making adjustments, though. Even earlier in the season it was like they thought only Russ could bring the ball up the court. PG would be looking for Russ after every miss instead of pushing the break himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom