• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
For like the first five games of the season Andrew Wiggins was hitting crazy pull up threes and taking a decent amount of them and I couldn't believe it.

Regression to the mean happened and it's been pretty much what I saw last year. But I never thought he and Butler could properly coexist.

Philly's going to have a hard time coming close to a top 10 offense with Ben Simmons as the PG. He has a lot of the flaws that Lonzo does in a way.
Gotta get Covington back, can't have only 1 shooter in jj out there and expect good things

Simmons should handle the qb duties and once embiid is able to play consistently their chemistry will grow

Of course, you don't take into account the roster turnover (which also created a better overall team) the additions of Butler, Gibson, Crawford and Teague, the growth of Towns....but go ahead...act like you know what you're talking about.

Wiggins has been playing better than at any point in his first 3 seasons.

The usual "you don't what you're talking about" when you show the math to someone and they can't explain it :lol:

Right on cue

The usual "you don't what you're talking about" when you show the math to someone and they can't explain it :lol:

Right on cue
Missing the entire picture. Roster make up matters. Would you say Russell Westbrook is a worse player than last year due to the math and his numbers being down across the board? Perhaps, but missing the bigger picture. Context matters.

At playing off of Towns for one thing. If he didn't get hurt I would have let go of Wiggins instead with zero regrets.

Despite all the criticism Wiggins receives for his D he is all NBA compared to Lavine, it should also be noted how much better the Wolves played last year when he went down- a large part of the reason why he was shipped.

I still think this team has a high ceiling, but I am concerned, 20 games in is usually a good indicator of the team you are.

I was a big LaVine guy and preferred him to Wiggins, but we talking about Wiggins only here, and he has improved. Slightly or not, he's a better player than he was last year and year over year. If you can't see it and your math doesn't equate to understanding it, then we really on different levels and there's no need to continue...but you're wrong.

Please explain to me exactly how Andrew Wiggins has improved this season.

What is he doing this season that shows an improvement upon his previous seasons?

I think Wiggins has improved very marginally on 1on1 defense but that's it. Still inefficient as ever, bad shot selection, terrible off-ball defense. VARNELL HILL VARNELL HILL gave you base numbers, the advanced numbers for Wiggins are even worse.

Serious question Brownstone Brownstone , where has Wiggins improved? Genuinely curious. I've watched a fair share of Wolves game (not by choice, though) and don't really hold the same opinion, so I'd like you to expand. Thibs has a huge hand in that, but Wiggins has not really shown the type of "improvements" you want to see in a 4th year player. He largely looks like the same player, but with more volume.

Blocks up, Rebounds up, Steals up, 2p% nearly 50%. He has also been the go to player in crunch time all year (with the exception of a few games including tonight). Ball handling improved, and team wins vastly improved.

His PER and Usage numbers will adjust to last years numbers as the season progresses.

Wiggins is not without criticism. How in the hell does your FT% dip 10%?!?!

He still can't really shoot 3s, and his inability to pass is infuriating. Maybe I'm defensive of Wiggins because the understanding before the season to me was that this was Towns team, Butler or not, and that is not what I have seen. So while it's probably easier to pile on wigs, expectations matter. Wiggins at the end of the day is still only 16 months older than Donovan Mitchell.

Last edited:
Wiggins still only has that spin move too lol
I mean if all you’re gonna do is score atleast be elite at it.

Blocks up, Rebounds up, Steals up, 2p% nearly 50%. He has also been the go to player in crunch time all year (with the exception of a few games including tonight). Ball handling improved, and team wins vastly improved.

His PER and Usage numbers will adjust to last years numbers as the season progresses.

He still can't really shoot 3s, and his inability to pass is infuriating. Maybe I'm defensive of Wiggins because the understanding before the season to me was that this was Towns team, Butler or not, and that is not what I have seen. So while it's probably easier to pile on Towns, expectations matter. Wiggins at the end of the day is still only 16 months older than Donovan Mitchell.
Blocks are .2 up from .4 to .6, and he's averaged .6 for basically his whole career. Steals are .2 up from 1.0 to 1.2. Rebounds are still at 4 - and no surprise, he's still averaged the same there for his career. His 2p% is up from 47-49, but he also had a season of 48.6.

Team wins? Cause of Wiggins? He has a .8 win share on the team, good for number 8. A negative OBPM, DPBM, BPM, and VORP. Despite being on a winning team.

It honestly seems like you're reaching because you keep going for tangible stats - which are extremely insignificant increases in his case, and his advanced stats are piss poor.

No one is saying he doesn't have potential (I think), we are saying how he hasn't improved. Nothing you said there has proved that, except maybe handles, and is that really true? He really has like one go-to move. He actually has a higher turnover rate compared to last year, despite a 6% decrease in usage (also 2nd highest on the team, for the time being).

He still can't really shoot 3s, and his inability to pass is infuriating. Maybe I'm defensive of Wiggins because the understanding before the season to me was that this was Towns team, Butler or not, and that is not what I have seen. So while it's probably easier to pile on wigs, expectations matter. Wiggins at the end of the day is still only 16 months older than Donovan Mitchell.

His rebounds are not up. They're the same as last year and his career average. As a wing, I'm not sure how many people were looking at blocks as an area that he needed to improve in.

If .02 steals and the fact that he shoots 50% from 2 is the hill you want to die on for proof of Wiggins' improvement...so be it :lol:

His rebounds are not up. They're the same as last year and his career average. As a wing, I'm not sure how many people were looking at blocks as an area that he needed to improve in.

If .02 steals and the fact that he shoots 50% from 2 is the hill you want to die on for proof of Wiggins' improvement...so be it :lol:

By your argument Russell Westbrooks advanced stats being down is proof of his stagnation, same with Paul George no?

What is this "Croc" nickname?
Croc Rondo?

Wth is Croc? Crock of S___ nick
He was dubbed croc rondo (austrailian rondo) coming into the league. I don't think it was meant in a complimentary way

It was also said by many that he could never successfully play point guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom