• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oden played in 82 games in 3 years. Embiid at 31.

holeup.png

Butler’s own itinerant childhood has been well-chronicled: At 13, his single mother kicked him out of her home in the Houston exurb of Tomball, starting a four-year couch-surfing odyssey that ended when a friend’s family took him in. He is not interested in reliving many of the details, but he remembers all of them. Over oatmeal and bacon at Ollo, his breakfast haunt in Malibu, the sight of a silk tie reminds him of a clip-on he bought at Walmart for his sixth-grade basketball banquet. “Everybody made fun of me,” he recounts. “I was like, ‘At my 10-year reunion, I’m going to land a helicopter on the 50-yard-line of the f------ football field.’”

He didn’t make the reunion, let alone rent the chopper, but he did visit Mrs. Putney. She taught Butler’s first-period government class at Tomball High, and on all his homework assignments, he wrote Tracy McGrady’s name atop the paper instead of his own. Alarmed, Mrs. Putney hung a poster on the wall that cited the astronomical odds of becoming a professional athlete. “Every day I had to read it out loud in front of everybody,” Butler recalls. “One in a billion, or something close.” After Butler reached the NBA, he returned to Tomball High and discovered that Mrs. Putney had moved to the new school in town, Tomball Memorial. When he finally found her classroom, he asked for the poster because he wanted to frame it. “She told me it was lost,” Butler says. “I think she was lying.”

:rofl: :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom