• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most student athletes just try to take the easy way out or hang on a dream that only 1% of student athletes actually achieve.
I have friends and siblings who were being recruited by schools that flat out told them that they couldn't major in pre-med or nursing. What's the easy way out about a year round job, essentially, on top of taking classes like regular college students? I think you're a bit misinformed on what the student athlete experience is like.

I red shirted at a D1 school. Yes I wasn't eligible or received the benefits that everyone else did since I left after a year, but i definitely was part of the student athlete crowd.

We did have engineer kids averaging 15ppg a game though. They didn't get drafted, but are making a respectable 75-80k a year now.

Come to NY Kawhi

Not tryna derail the thread or anything, but ya'll dont think free tuition (which includes free tutoring, meals, etc etc) at a major school for student athletes isn't enough?

Since most the athletes on the roster aren't even from the state, that out of state tuition can be anywhere from 30-50k a year easily.
I used to, and then I thought about how ****ed up it is that these kids cant make a single penny or else the NCAA tries to **** them.
Meanwhile the NCAA is racking up millions off these kids' likeness and abilities. They make all the money off of their hard work.
I call that exploitation. Eric Cartman calls it slavery.

Only if Spurs would have kept Johnathon Simmons!

There are people that are giving thier life serving this country to get average pay and 36 free credit hours with the GI Bill.

Yeah Alabama is making a grip off thier football program but there are a lot more groups of people out there getting cheated out of thier worth.

Last edited:
IMG_4749.JPG

Kiwi and PG coming home this summer.

It's cold as **** right now in LA, but just got juiced from seeing Black Panther again. Happy Friday fam! Po up fo ya boy.

Oh and BBB gang byke tonight. We liiiive!

Imo ALL the money should be out of college athletics. No WAY a coach should ever be making
more than tenured professors. This ain’t semi pro. But that’s the one solution that will never be suggested.

wow Chris Paul's outfit walking into the arena tonight is too classic :rofl:

wish i could go back and get a pic but i'm not in my confines. ya man is only missing a pony on a stick :rofl:

Not tryna derail the thread or anything, but ya'll dont think free tuition (which includes free tutoring, meals, etc etc) at a major school for student athletes isn't enough?

Since most the athletes on the roster aren't even from the state, that out of state tuition can be anywhere from 30-50k a year easily.
My thing is why does it matter to you or other people if they feel that they aren’t getting enough. If a school is making millions of dollars off of athletes, the athletes can ask for whatever they want and I’m for it.

then the argument turns to be against bidding wars. If a school wants to pay a kid 10 million dollars to go there, more power to them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom