Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
SVG PREACH

Everyone demonizing these coaches/agents/players for taking "blood money" acting like they're harming other people

Detroit Pistons coach Stan Van Gundy called the NCAA "one of the worst organizations" in sports and criticized the NBA's one-and-done rule, calling the backlash against high school players wanting to bypass college "racist."

"The NCAA is one of the worst organizations -- maybe the worst organization -- in sports," Van Gundy told reporters. "They certainly don't care about the athlete. They're going to act like they're appalled by all these things going on in college basketball. Please -- it's ridiculous, and it's all coming down on the coaches."

"People that were against [players] coming out [of high school] made a lot of excuses, but I think a lot of it was racist. I've never heard anybody go up in arms about [minor league baseball or hockey]," Van Gundy told reporters. "They are not making big money, and they're white kids primarily and nobody has a problem."

That’s my guy

When Miami LeBron went that stretch without being called for a foul that was still one of the craziest things I've ever seen in sports.

Dude was playing 40mpg...swiping at everything, charging in the lane on every possession, Off handing whoever dared get in his way....

And was not called for a single foul for almost a month. Ridiculous :lol:

When Miami LeBron went that stretch without being called for a foul that was still one of the craziest things I've ever seen in sports.

People look at this as some evidence of bias but it's mostly because Lebron is actually extremely, extremely good at not getting foul calls.

Steph Curry is a superstar, league darling, but he be baited in dumb fouls easy.

Not only has LeBron never fouled out of any game he's also been on pace to play 82 games coming into every single season

Simply amazing

Lebron low foul numbers are a combo of a bunch of things.

1. It's a legit skill. He has genius level basketball IQ, rarely puts himself in positions to commit fouls. (when was the last time you saw lebron commit a frustration foul? Almost never)

2. He only really tries on defense when the game actually matters. (hence why his foul number double in the playoffs)

3. He's an NBA superstar.

The last one is by far has the smallest impact.

Oh I didn't say it was bias it was just crazy to watch. A month of no fouls is a true anomaly.

People look at this as some evidence of bias but it's mostly because Lebron is actually extremely, extremely good at not getting foul calls.

Steph Curry is a superstar, league darling, but he be baited in dumb fouls easy.

This is true. Bron is one of the highest iq players in league history.

And Steph constantly gets baited into dumb fouls. It’s annoying how much he reaches or gets baited.

That said...Bron playing 40mpg and not picking up a single foul call for that long is ridiculous anyway you look at it. Especially an offensive foul or a bang, bang 50/50, loose ball type play or something. He was drawing a lot of contact in Miami...and they trapped and were aggressive on defense...with him being active on that end.

Stephen Curry is good for two stupid fouls a game it's hilarious.

It's been publicized so much and the fact that he's still doing it makes me laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom