• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.basketball-reference.co...gins&y2=2018&player_id2=wiggian01&idx=players

I don't know if this is a good look for Ingram or a bad look for Wiggins. Even if you look at just the raw numbers (not even taking in contract, age, teammates, situation, etc. )Ingram > Wiggins. I had no idea that Wiggins was playing this poorly this season...and this is after hey maxed him out too.
He was trending upwards until this year when they added a high usage veteran on the perimeter.

Complete absence of anything outside of scoring is a concern, but we’re still very early and he was improving until this year

Boston on a three game win streak. Good to see them blowout a couple teams. Lets get back to the leagues best defensive team and running the offense through Kyrie and not Al Horford. C'mon GH20. Please come back before the postseason. (Get your legs under ya'.)

Marcus was sorely missed. His stock went way down when Terry was able to fill in before the break. Then they went on that skid, he came back, team played better defensively and his stock went right back up :lol:

Dude is such a pivotal player for this team.

Wiggins the most one dimensional player in the league?

He's right up there. It's even worse that he's getting paid $30m/year. His ideal role is a 4th scorer on a good team or the first man off the bench whose sole job is to get buckets. The sad part is that he has every physical tool you could as for; mentally he's just not there yet.

He's right up there. It's even worse that he's getting paid $30m/year. His ideal role is a 4th scorer on a good team or the first man off the bench whose sole job is to get buckets. The sad part is that he has every physical tool you could as for; mentally he's just not there yet.
4th scorer and a 6th man? Damb

This is where I don't think NT realizes the bigger picture of how the league works and the overall talent pool

I remember the hype surrounding Wiggins too. Certainly has not lived up to them. NOT AT ALL.

He was the Zion Williamson before Zion; he was the can't miss, generational talent. At the end of the day he's just a one-dimensional, low effiency, volume scorer. That's why I don't ever buy into the hype of high school players or ball for pre-draft hype. The Cavs would've gotten killed if they passed on Wiggins but the day after the draft, once the hype is over, you're still stuck wit the player and in most cases, the idea of the player is better than the actual player themselves.

4th scorer and a 6th man? Damb

This is where I don't think NT realizes the bigger picture of how the league works and the overall talent pool

If your team is good, Wiggins isn't your 2nd best player, he's maybe your 3rd best player (like he is now for the Wolves). If you're a great team he's probably your forth best player. Look at the top 4 seeds in each conference; would Wiggins be the 2nd best player on any of those teams?

He was the Zion Williamson before Zion; he was the can't miss, generational talent. At the end of the day he's just a one-dimensional, low effiency, volume scorer. That's why I don't ever buy into the hype of high school players or ball for pre-draft hype. The Cavs would've gotten killed if they passed on Wiggins but the day after the draft, once the hype is over, you're still stuck wit the player and in most cases, the idea of the player is better than the actual player themselves.

Jabari hasn't exactly panned out either. It was a tough pick for Cleveland/Minnesota. In retrospect, obviously you take Embiid. But at the time knowing he would sit out a year that's impossible. And outside of Embiid that draft is.... rough.

If your team is good, Wiggins isn't your 2nd best player, he's maybe your 3rd best player (like he is now for the Wolves). If you're a great team he's probably your forth best player. Look at the top 4 seeds in each conference; would Wiggins be the 2nd best player on any of those teams?
I'm not arguing that, I'm just saying that's not how the league works and isn't how sports in general work

Your "ideal" role especially when you're still young isn't really a realistic one often times.

You could go down a long list and use many other players as examples of fitting into a better role but there's 30 teams. You are rarely going to get that ideal role

Jabari hasn't exactly panned out either. It was a tough pick for Cleveland/Minnesota. In retrospect, obviously you take Embiid. But at the time knowing he would sit out a year that's impossible. And outside of Embiid that draft is.... rough.

I’d say Jabari is more derailed than not panned out. He was turning the corner last year and is already more rounded than Wiggins

Didn't Embiid fall only cause his injury?

He has injured alot in College. to be honest, it was a super risky pick, especially after he missed the entire 15-16 season too. For awhile I never thought he'd play in the NBA. I remember reading stories about the Sixers not knowing where he was and him getting surgery abroad, etc. I thought he would end up being one of those guys who never plays an NBA minute.

Sixers have the worst luck when it comes to injuries. I'm reaching out to Keith Williams and some other folks to refer them to some peeps I know in PT circles I think could legitimately "cure" Markelle Fultz. Hoping they're at least somewhat open to an outsider's POV because it seems as though their doctors and trainers completely botched this.

Mamba sighting. Natalia is tall!

KObe_Daughter2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom