• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
With all this Kawhi trade talk, are any of you guys concerned about a "Greg Popovich" effect with Kawhi (i.e he's a good player who's elevated to being a top 5 player because be plays for Pop)?

Look at the Spurs this season, they're gonna win almost 50 games with Lamarcus Aldridge surrounded by D-league level talent. My concern is that a team is gonna give the Spurs a bag (top 5 pick+quality starter) for a player primarily a product of the system he's playing in. Not saying its true, just floating the idea

With all this Kawhi trade talk, are any of you guys concerned about a "Greg Popovich" effect with Kawhi (i.e he's a good player who's elevated to being a top 5 player because be plays for Pop)?

Look at the Spurs this season, they're gonna win almost 50 games with Lamarcus Aldridge surrounded by D-league level talent. My concern is that a team is gonna give the Spurs a bag (top 5 pick+quality starter) for a player primarily a product of the system he's playing in. Not saying its true, just floating the idea
NBA is still about the players at the end of the day. Pop knows how to help guys develop and put them in positions to succeed, but no system makes someone as good as Kawhi was. Maybe he doesn’t get to this point on another team but if he healthy I have no concerns.

I hope it happens. Just give us 2 more all stars without giving up our core bench, I say we got another 4-5 yr run.

Nate was annoying enough on the court. This little gremlin’s gonna lurk around forever...

When he said we need subtitles to understand Dikembe Mutombo cause no one's gonna understand that guy :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom