Official NBA 2k13 Thread

False

The Knicks is unstoppable in this game. Unguarable Melo, lights out JR smith and Novac, Chandler got every offensive boards, even Rasheed is look like he's 25 in this game. Whenever i see someone pick the Knicks. I just quit lol

This is why I hardly use the Knicks even though thats my team :lol:

Everyone thinks they are the most unstoppable team in the game. I mean I don't cheese so I don't really know about the capabilities on full cheese mode but any time I pick them the opponent always picks OKC, MIA, or LAL with the intent to cheese their stars

I try to actually play like the Knicks and have good ball movement and swings for open 3's and P&R play, Melo ISO here and there.

Can't even front though, I have seen JR catch some absolutely ridiculous alley oops :x

Last edited:
I thought the intentional foul button was pressing the back button on xbox? and X was for trying to steal by reaching in.

It is, he was being sarcastic. The reach in calls in this game are OD, press the steal button once you get called for a reach in pretty much every time now.

Why is it that injured players that have come back, have yet to be reinserted to the lineup? For example Nash, Rubio, Love, E. Gordon, etc. Or even injured players like John Wall are not playable. What setting do I change? Xbox if it matters.

Can someone help me out?

I just got the game on Black friday, but I never have time to play.

I finally had some time over of the holiday break and realized that whenever I go up for a layup or dunk, the player substitution window opens. What gives? I'm using shot stick to do this. I'll hold down L2+R2 and pull both joysticks towards the basket and the stupid window pops up sometimes.

Or this happens when I'm trying to do an icon pass. Doesn't happen a lot, but it happens enough to mess up easy points for me.

Anyone have any tips on this game too? I already know about laying off the turbo in this game.

I LOVE the Knicks in real life, but I can't seem to play so well with them in this game. Idk how you guys are saying melo is the best player in the game either. He's kind of tough to use IMO.

IDK, maybe i haven't really gotten used to this game yet. I was a beast on 2k12 btw. And I ran with the Knicks in that game.

Why is it that injured players that have come back, have yet to be reinserted to the lineup? For example Nash, Rubio, Love, E. Gordon, etc. Or even injured players like John Wall are not playable. What setting do I change? Xbox if it matters.
I'd expect a roster update Monday or Tuesday. And John Wall can't be played with because, well, he isn't playing in real life.

If you guys want them in the active rosters so you can use them just go to manage rosters > rotations and take whoever you want off the injured reserve

Is there a fix for the freezing that occurs right after you win the title in MyCareer on PS3? It's right when they say "and now we go to commissioner David Stern."

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

For those messing with MyTeam, be prepared to see an onslaught of teams decked out with all-star players.

Holiday season + loads of kids/people with no real knowledge of basketball+ discounted VC packs until Jan 1st (10,000 VC for $1.50) + the reversion back to default 3 settings + a buffing of defensive abilities = BIG MASS OF TROUBLE.

Bunch of offball playing, 3 chucking, double team everyone on defense, type dudes are having a field day and also think they're beasts since these casual sliders allow them to shoot fadeaway 3s with Kobe over 2 people.

I'm waiting to see if 2KSports tunes the shooting again, I think something has been altered with defense too, I dunno, I read a few posts about people saying they didn't feel like they had control over their guys on defense, and I've been starting to experience that. I've got my defensive assist strength at 0, but my guys are stuck in place.

I can see why so many folks play offball, and I can see more people playing it now since the margin for error on D is even smaller. These contested 3s though :smh:

Anybody know if the shoe endorsement is a lifetime thing or 2K plans on creating a patch to allow changing of the shoe endorsement? I mess around and signed to Jordan Brand and I'm regretting it something serious! Just made my 2nd signature shoe and it looked awesome in the creation kitchen but it looks TERRIBLE on my player. Deleted the shoe and now I have no 2nd sig shoe, also can't recreate it. Smh! Just WACK! Kinda dampens things for me if I'm stuck with Jordan forever...

Anybody know if the shoe endorsement is a lifetime thing or 2K plans on creating a patch to allow changing of the shoe endorsement? I mess around and signed to Jordan Brand and I'm regretting it something serious! Just made my 2nd signature shoe and it looked awesome in the creation kitchen but it looks TERRIBLE on my player. Deleted the shoe and now I have no 2nd sig shoe, also can't recreate it. Smh! Just WACK! Kinda dampens things for me if I'm stuck with Jordan forever...

Damn, where are you able to create a 2nd sig shoe? Is it after the 2nd season? And as for switching, I don't think so. I actually had to delete and start over again because I changed my mind!

For those messing with MyTeam, be prepared to see an onslaught of teams decked out with all-star players.

Holiday season + loads of kids/people with no real knowledge of basketball+ discounted VC packs until Jan 1st (10,000 VC for $1.50) + the reversion back to default 3 settings + a buffing of defensive abilities = BIG MASS OF TROUBLE.

Bunch of offball playing, 3 chucking, double team everyone on defense, type dudes are having a field day and also think they're beasts since these casual sliders allow them to shoot fadeaway 3s with Kobe over 2 people.

I'm waiting to see if 2KSports tunes the shooting again, I think something has been altered with defense too, I dunno, I read a few posts about people saying they didn't feel like they had control over their guys on defense, and I've been starting to experience that. I've got my defensive assist strength at 0, but my guys are stuck in place.

I can see why so many folks play offball, and I can see more people playing it now since the margin for error on D is even smaller. These contested 3s though :smh:

word. After playing a couple of games on myteam, I just said this is not worth it. In theory its trying to be like UT but execution wise 2k still needs to revamp it. All dudes do in that mode is deck their teams with all-stars with every 95+ 3pt shooter supporting them. People really think jacking up 3s every possession is fun. And when you try to close the shooter welp God help you because dude got more shooters waiting all around ready to receive the pass after that close out. So whatever. :smh:

Bruh I just played a guy who had Gerald Green as his PG, and the rest of his squad was three point shooters. It was either I have Damian Lillard get dribbled through, en route to a dunk, or try and contest and then give up a 3. Had to start tinkering with a zone towards the end to disrupt some things but it was too late.

2KSports cashed out this year, man.

I agree though, 2KSports had a decent idea in place with MyTeam, but the execution turned out to be terrible. It was supposed to be tough just to get LeBron on your squad, and the buck was supposed to stop there, but 2KSports decides to sell VC so it's an All-Star Game every match now.

At least make cats work for their shots man, give me back the previous shooting update dawg.

Damn, where are you able to create a 2nd sig shoe? Is it after the 2nd season? And as for switching, I don't think so. I actually had to delete and start over again because I changed my mind!

Just finished my 2nd regular season headed into the playoffs, after I was announced MVP again and blah blah blah I got that Jordan endorsement letter saying its time to release another version of my shoe. Created a sick low top after I really got a hold of the layer designing, finalized the creation to such disappointment. They looked like golf shoes on my player. Should've know better considering how crappy Kobe's lows look on him. Oh well...

Just copped on Tuesday. A few questions with MyPlayer:

1. How do I drop 46/5/5 with 2 steals & 1 block (1 turnover) on 54% shooting and an A+ teammate grade in the rookie showcase and NOT go #1 to New Orleans?? They didn't even interview me.

2. How did I do all of that & only get 210 skill points? Is MyPlayer stingy with the SP now?

1. How do I drop 46/5/5 with 2 steals & 1 block (1 turnover) on 54% shooting and an A+ teammate grade in the rookie showcase and NOT go #1 to New Orleans?? They didn't even interview me.

Maybe they didn't need a player at your position a la Sam Bowie.

2. How did I do all of that & only get 210 skill points? Is MyPlayer stingy with the SP now?

I don't understand either how this game rates success. I played in the finals with my player in career mode and swept the Clippers. I'm on the Heat and averaged 40/8/5 with 2 steals. I thought i locked in finals MVP, i outplayed Lebron, Bosh, and Wade. So trophy time comes and who gets finals MVP? Raymond Felton off the bench, dude didn't score more than 8 points off the bench in any of the 4 games :stoneface:

I'm sure i'll get the typical responses in this thread from the same group of guys that say everyone sucks whenever someone complains about something. Probably something along the lines of this.

"Brah, you needed to average 60/17/13 in order to get finals MVP, step ya game up, you suck"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom