:: Official NBA Draft Thread - June 26, 7PM EST ::

Originally Posted by thecomebacklegend

if Beasly does not guard them dudes,who is going to?it still gonna be a hole in that position if they do draft him or not so whats the point in drafting him when the heat already have a good player playin the SF position

they can go with Rose or Mayo and have the point guard spot locked

they can go with Beasly and have 2 players playing SF

I suggest you go to your local library and ask for tapes of Derrick Coleman at Syracuse, and his first 5 seasons with the Nets.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/news/story?id=3455925

Story on OJ workout and a video with Katz with stock up and stock down..

hmm..Jason Thompson getting some buzz with GS and Sacramento at the end of the lottery..who woulda thunk it?

wink.gif

cause the video isnt included...but this is the OJ part...

The Minnesota Timberwolves sent seven officials, including coach Randy Wittman, to watchdraft prospect O.J. Mayo work out in Chicago onSaturday for the Wolves and four other teams.

The 6-foot-5 Mayo, who played one season at Southern California, is one of the "four or five" players the Timberwolves are considering with theNo. 3 pick in Thursday's NBA draft assuming DerrickRose and Michael Beasley are taken with the firsttwo.

General manager Jim Stack, in a conference call with Minnesota reporters, said the Wolves contingent spent about an hour interviewing Mayo afterward. Muchof the discussion centered on improper benefits Mayo allegedly received through an agent while playing at USC.

"We wanted to pin him down on some things," Stack said. "I'm really impressed with the fact that he was very much a standup person. Heknows he's got to be accountable for whatever happens in his life. He wasn't looking to make excuses for anything. Regarding the allegations, hebasically told us that he didn't do anything wrong. I tended to buy into what he was saying.

"At the end of the day I think it really taught him some lessons about being careful with his inner circle and understanding where people are comingfrom and that they might have different agendas."

Stack said he thought Mayo, who will turn 21 in November, was more mature than most of the other prospects. The Wolves see him as capable of playing bothguard spots, like Randy Foye, their first-round draft pick in 2006.

The Wolves will host three more prospects at Target Center on Monday: Arizona guard Jerryd Bayless, Indiana guard Eric Gordon and Oklahoma center Longar Longar. Bayless and Gordon are considered top six picksby most analysts.

Looks like OJ ain't faillng past 3....Which mean that if the Sonics don't trade up to the 2 spot, then Bayless is going to the Sonics at four, whichmeans that Miami has some ***# to think about if the really want OJ more than Beas.

anybody else sees Mayo as a Joe Johnson type player?
i dont mayo has a hard time getting by defenders to me he is a better version of ben gordan

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

No where near as explosive as my man BG
explosive?

he chucks up shots, pippen said it best about him

So because he chucks up shots does that means he isn't explosive?

I'm pretty confident right now Stern will call out Mayo's name when we're on the clock

The few that think OJ is gona be the best player from this class...

The hell are you basing it on?

I think the kid will be good....but to say he's better than Beasley or Rose....you couldn't have watched this past season and came to that conclusion..

So do you think his game just translates THAT much better to the pro level, is he a PG or SG to you?

Do anybody find Bill Walker still in the draft weird? Do you think a team guarantee him a first round spot? I don't get why he don't go back to KSU forone more year and try and be a top 15 pick. My man do got the potential to be the sleeper of the draft word to Josh Howard.

^ he's not a pg.

no one from this class is winning rookie of the year.

oden 's going to average around 10 and 10 with a couple blocks on his way to the award.

Originally Posted by friscostylez

Do anybody find Bill Walker still in the draft weird? Do you think a team guarantee him a first round spot? I don't get why he don't go back to KSU for one more year and try and be a top 15 pick. My man do got the potential to be the sleeper of the draft word to Josh Howard.

except Josh Howard was actually a 4 yr player, POY for ACC, and did not come into the draft with significant injuries. He's probably more frustrated atall this untimely injuries and just wants to heal and get on with his career. Everone knows he should have stayed, but if OJ is going then he has to as well.I'm thinking more of a Daquan cook, late first getting PT on a bad team if he's not injured. let's hope his injury isn't worse than it'sbeen made out to be.

I'd take a chance on Bill Walker if I'm a team like the Spurs or Celtics. If he can remain healthy he is a pretty good talent.

I think that he had to have an offer because to stay in the draft with that injury is not a smart move

Originally Posted by Al3xis

The few that think OJ is gona be the best player from this class...

The hell are you basing it on?

Two Words: Name recognition.
laugh.gif
That'sit. Mayo has that going in his favor BIG TIME(he's been a household name since Junior High), and it's pretty obvious. Because if you actually sawhim play, I don't know how you can come to conclusion that he'll the best in this class. He is not on Rose or Beasley's level when it comes toceilings.

Here is what Im hearing as of today. Its not different from most Mock drafts you have seen but these are straight from the well.
1. Chicago is picking Rose.

2. Miami is picking Beasley. BUT...possibly traded for veterans/other picks. But in the end I believe they will stay with him.

3. Minnesota is down between OJ and Love. Minnesota has questions about OJ character...and through their background checks, they have come up with someissues...This pick will be interesting

4. Seattle - Bayless

5. Memphis - OJ if he is not picked by Minnesota. Otherwise it looks to be Love unless something drastically changes by thursday.

6. Knicks - This is one that nobody can figure out...But things I do know: Westbrook will not be the pick, Gallinari isnt looking like it either. To me itslooking like Eric Gordon, Joel Alexander or they will trade down.

7. Clippers - Their chart looks like this: 1. OJ 2. Bayless 3. Eric Gordon 4. Love ....after that I dont know.

8. Bucks - Alexander if available

9. Bobcats - Lopez (really the only spot for this kid)

10. Nets - Gallinari......I guess...although a lot of people are starting to think this kid isn't worth the pick because he is really soft (see: PaulGasol, Dirk, etc.) but his representation has said that he will go back to Italy if he isnt picked by the Knicks or Nets...so there is some pressure by theNets to pick him and take a chance.

There are a lot of rumors and trade talks starting to develop now that teams are figuring out who they are going to pick....I believe (as do a lot of others)that this draft could have more trades in the first round than any other draft we have seen. So many teams, want to rebuild and/or add pieces orplayers that want out... (Mavericks, Suns, Pistons, etc)...what better way than tothrow in some draft picks.

Back
Top Bottom