:: Official NBA Draft Thread - June 26, 7PM EST ::

laugh.gif
How you dudes know what kinda work so and so puts in or doesn'tput in?

Ya'll dudes kill me man...read too many ESPN articles and think yall know these dudes

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

/\ but what are basing it off of then if you say you don't care what happened last season?

It seem like people keep pulling these opinions of certain guys out of their @@+@# with nothing to really back it up
Uh, his basketball ability and my judgment? I mean, what kind of answer are you looking for, a mathematical formula?

laugh.gif
....You can't win with him dude so don't bother. If itisn't Beasley its crap.

laugh.gif
Dude acting like he's fully informed of OJ, Rose, and Beasley's workout routines and their passion for the game... A little early to go lumping OJMayo in with Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan, no?

Riiight...aint nobody say !!@* about Beasley. @$%+$% can't really say anything worthwhile sometimes so they just pull little smart comments out their ++@

Still some chatter about Portland trading the 13th pick to the Bulls for Hinrich. I think Captain Kirk and Roy would be a very solid backcourt. I just cannotsee the Bulls getting this much younger. Maybe pick a player for another team and trade some pieces for an established big. My hope is for Elton to come backhere. I would take 17/9 from a 4.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Riiight...aint nobody say !!@* about Beasley. @$%+$% can't really say anything worthwhile sometimes so they just pull little smart comments out their ++@

What are you talking about dude? You are saying people are pulling opinions out of their ### with nothing to base them off of. What if we happened towatch these certain players for the entire college season? Can you not base an opinion off that or does that not satisfy your requirements?

thecomebacklegend-
please be open minded about what im about to say...
in college while coached by his father pistol maravich scored in 3 years (back then freshman were not allowed to play "varsity" basketball) 3667points. thats an average of 44.2 per game!!!!! which are the tops in both in the history of college basketball. so using your logic he should be the bestplayer in the history of the nba. that is using YOUR logic ... while he did go on to average 24.2 per game in the nba and was voted in the top 50 in thehistory of the nba he is not viewed as the best ever. in fact he is in most list snot even in the top 10 as far as best ever in the nba. better yet he is noteven considered the best college player ever in history.

back on point most players viewed to go in the top 20 in the draft could if they wanted to score 23 a night in college. how many did? better question do youreally think if rose WANTED to get 24 a game he wouldnt? thats excluding the fact that both are listed as being points. mayo was looking to score 80% of thetime or better ever single time he touched the ball. thats just what he wanted to do and what the coaching staff at usc felt needed to happen. all this talk ofusc not being talented is not totally true. are they as talented as memphis? no. however usc had i think 4 players in there starting 5 at least who can andwill play in the nba. thats not talent?

roses job and the job of every single pg is to get his teammates the ball in places where they are most effective. to get the team in there offense and tohandle the pressure of the other teams best defensive player. so if roses job was to get his teammates in places where they could score and contribute howd hedo? #2 overall rank as a team i think speaks for that. rose scored more towards the end of the season when his team needed while never forcing or beingselfish. want to ask mayos teammates if he was selfish?

its been said over and over again about how rose didnt shoot as much as mayo and also had a better percentage. also its been said by you that roses ability toscore should have been easier due to "more talent." think about that for a second if a pg job is to get his teammates the ball and they are talentedthen why wouldnt he do that. why wouldnt he set them up to score when they are skilled to do so? rose did exactly as he was supposed to.

however i think the most telling idea is this ... who has a better chance to do what they did in college in the pros? will mayo be able to score as he did incollege? or will rose continue to be able to get assits? i think there is a better chance of rose being able to continue handing out assists then mayo ofscoring. thats forgetting that mayo is "listed" as a pg? hmmmmm.

but since im bored lets take this another step since they are both pg's lets break down the talents that a pg is supposed to have and see whos better inthose ...

-ball handling
tie at best with edge to rose
-passing
rose, and its not that close
-quickness
rose, was viewed as one of the quickest players in college last year
-defending
mayo, however mayo rarely guarded pg's
-decision making
rose
-running a team/intangible's
rose, makes his teammates better and is very mature on and off the court
-upside
rose

there are more areas they could be graded but thats just a few in the pg areas. i dont dislike mayo at all. i think he will have a solid time in the nba but idont think he is the bes pg in the draft nor do i think hes the best sg. just my two cents..

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

What are you talking about dude? You are saying people are pulling opinions out of their ### with nothing to base them off of. What if we happened to watch these certain players for the entire college season? Can you not base an opinion off that or does that not satisfy your requirements?

Please explain to me...how you can tell who puts in hard work and who doesn't?

Explain to me how can just "believe" that OJ works any harder than Rose, Beasley, Bayless, Westbrook, etc.
Guys like OJ, MJ, and Kobe think about basketball 24/7 and think about how they can get better and be the best player on the planet.
Guys like KG, LeBron, Magic, Rose, D-Wade are dedicated to basketball and love the game but don't think about destroying the competition or rival players 24/7
Guys like Beasley, Carmelo, Barkley, Iverson, T-Mac love to play basketball but it doesn't rule there lives.
Seriously...how does stuff like this make any sense...ya'll don't know these dudes from a hole in the wall.
. The kid has the drive to be great, his work ethic is unmatched, and his IQ/skill level is already there
What makes his drive different than any of the other potential lottery dudes? His IQ/skill level?

I'm not understanding how people are gathering this information and I'm simply asking how did anyone come to that conclusion?

I just don't understand how 2 guys in particular played an extremely high level all year long...and a group of about 4-5 other guys were on the same LEVELof OJ all year long and all have superior talents...and all of a sudden somehow OJ is better than everyone.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

but can he guard somebody?? it was proven he can't guard Rose!!
What?

Look, I don't care about what happened last season in college basketball; I think O.J.'s game is more NBA ready than anybody else's, and I think he ends up being the best player of this draft class when it's all said and done.

He's going to be able to score when he pleases, and if he wants to, can be a top-notch defender in the League quick. He's also got the lead guard skills, but I see him as more of a combo guard that plays more shooting guard than point. Despite the intangibles, he's got a whole hell of a lot to prove, and I think he's ready to do that; he's been ready. When you've been talked about for this long, you're going to desire proving your worth - see LeBron James. And save it, I'm not comparing him to LeBron James as a basketball player; I'm just saying he has that same hunger to prove he's worth the hype. And I think the scrutiny is a good thing for him. He knows what his weaknesses are based on last season, and he knows there's a lot more at stake now.

Like I've been saying, I don't see him being anything less than a superstar in the NBA, and it's been that way for years now. Honestly, if he could have hypothetically went to the NBA after his junior year of high school, I say he's like a top 25 player today. He's been ready for the NBA.

my dude i was talking about my dude DJ Augustin not Mayo

laugh.gif
My Name recognition theory in regards to theoverhyping/overrating of Mayo has just been given FULL CREDENCE.

Originally Posted by thecomebacklegend

Originally Posted by Not a sneak

laugh.gif

Dude, do you know what the point guard does? He facilitates, which means he gets his team mates involved. Coach Cal did not ask Rose to go out and give them 20-25 points a game, but to go out there and help his teammates get into the flow of the game. OJ was asked to go out and give them 25 points a game, or they had no chance of winning.

Going on what you're saying. Kobe had a MUCH improved team this year with Andrew stepping into his own, and Pau coming in Jan-Feb, he had three legit scores, and franchise type players in Odom, Gasol, and himself. Why didn't Kobe average more points then he did last year, with a IMPROVED team, when he actually had a better team this year and averaged less points per game in the this years regular season then last? If KG, Jesus and PP were on a much better team, why didn't they all average 50? They are the Champs, they had the best team, but only one of the big three average 20 points per game durring the playoffs?

You logic is horrible, if you put MJ on the worst team in the league he is going to average more points pergame then he would on the BEST team in the league.

how these dudes gonna play the same position and Mayo avg better stats on a worser team

OJ was not asked to score 20-25 a game,where did you hear that from?dudes just making up stuff
indifferent.gif

KG ,Perice and Allen can't avg 50 points on a better team cause of many reasons,but even if they wanted to,they are not on Kobe offense level to do it

please explain how MJ had his best stat year (87-88) when they got Pippen on the bulls

OJ and Rose are two different types of point guards, Mayo is a score first guard, and Rose is a pass first guard

Everyone knows OJ was asked to carry the scoring load at Southern California, did you not? While Rose wasn't asked to score much because hedidn't.

But through your logic, they have a better team so they should be able to, more options. OK, Why can't they all average 30?

1. MJ was coming into his own in his 3rd season, thats usually when players have their "breakout" year.

2. MJ now had Pippen, who everyone knew was a vital part to MJ's dominance. MJ now had a facilitator into the triangle offense.
3.MJ was the G.O.A.T. don't compare him to OJ.

OK, Why didn't Kobe win scoring champ with an improved team this year? When Lebron had scrubs and inconsistent shooters and won scoring champ.

Conley and their pick for Miamis 2nd.
eek.gif

I would do that if I were the Grizz.
Ehhh, I still don't thinks thats enough, especially now that Marion is not opting out, I think we need to get Beasley and keep him

Thank you! Somebody else sees the light.........or the Kobe Lite....like dude said on that draft special tonight. I really see something in him that I don't see in the others. EVERY PERSON who has coached/trained/played with/ played against OJ has said the same things. The kid has the drive to be great, his work ethic is unmatched, and his IQ/skill level is already there. OJ is Kobe Lite or Diet Kobe in my eyes. He's gonna make alot of ya'll believers next year. I look at his season at USC as Kobe's airballs in Utah.

Guys like OJ, MJ, and Kobe think about basketball 24/7 and think about how they can get better and be the best player on the planet.
Guys like KG, LeBron, Magic, Rose, D-Wade are dedicated to basketball and love the game but don't think about destroying the competition or rival players 24/7
Guys like Beasley, Carmelo, Barkley, Iverson, T-Mac love to play basketball but it doesn't rule there lives. They think about hitting that GW shot but don't think about 500 shots a day in the summers.

The are only a select few guys that are straight killers that dedicate there lives to being the best and sacrificing money, friends, and family to do it.

MJ
Kobe
and.........

OJ is next in line

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
:smh:
tired.gif
wow at dudes throwing OJ and Kobe in the same sentence as MJ

Originally Posted by WILLINC

Conley and their pick for Miamis 2nd.
eek.gif

I would do that if I were the Grizz.
Ehhh, I still don't thinks thats enough, especially now that Marion is not opting out, I think we need to get Beasley and keep him

Yea, I would never do that deal.

With Beasley,Marion, and D-Wade.

Heat could be decent, and defiantly make the playoffs.

What's wrong with some of ya'll? Conley isn't crap. He showed just as much potential as Rudy did his first season despite him being hurt throughoutthe year. I don't want the Grizz to trade him after his rookie season because he didn't average 18ppg, 12apg and 4spg. At least give him another yearbefore they talk about trading him. I'll give the Heat Lowry instead of Conley, and if they don't want that then see if they'll take Miller orsomething. Conley and Rudy should be untouchable in any draft day deals. With Cook added makes the deal pretty good. It just all depends on how the Heat usethe 5th pick we give them. If they draft Love or Lopez like it says in the ESPN article, then we could go for it. Cook also has the chance to become a goodplayer in this league. Whoever the Heat get at 5, Beasley would be better. Hopefully, Cook and Conley can even out. So, the deal isn't that bad with Cookadded in.

OK, Why didn't Kobe win scoring champ with an improved team this year? When Lebron had scrubs and inconsistent shooters and won scoring champ.

What kind of stupid @!@ question is this?
roll.gif
smh.gif

Now I see...arguing with some of you NTers is straight comedy.

Ok lets turn this thread back around..... AI.... who you got top 10 Available....lets get some others too, don't cut and paste Chad Fords Haha
1. D. Rose
2. Beasley
3. Mayo
4. Bayless
5. B. Lopez
6. Kevin Love
7. DJ Augustin
8. Eric Gordon
9. Danilo Gallarani
10. A. Randolph

I'm ignoring all of this stuff...I'll leave it up to everyone to ignore the player A vs. player B. babble and get back to the basics...I'll updatethe first page with some info

Back
Top Bottom