:: Official NBA Draft Thread - June 26, 7PM EST ::

laugh.gif
smh.gif
at some of these dudes refusing workouts...

Doesn't matter, though, as long as some team stands their ground and takes the player they feel is the best fit for them like Milwaukee did last year withYi... If the kid wants to sit out a year and look like a prick, let him.

Originally Posted by L0VE Me or HATE Me

Judging by the scheduled workouts....is Malik Hairston entirely out of this draft?

I've been hearing he is getting solid second round looks.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Originally Posted by bballah3

I'm willing to put any amount of money down that the Heat don't pick Beasley at #2...and if they do, they aren't keeping him for long...He wont be on the team by June 27th.

Did Koufos really outplay your brother like that article suggests?
Not at all. Koufos hit two nice turn around jump hooks and had a nice spin move on Kevin for a dunk....other than that he I think he was about 3 for13 outside of the 5 ft. range.

Kevin beat him in the 1 on 1 drill....so I don't know how you can outplay someone and lose.

Where is that article from?

Edit:

It doesn't really matter if who got killed in Seattle.....Im 99.99% sure they taking Bayless

I'm willing to put any amount of money down that the Heat don't pick Beasley at #2...and if they do, they aren't keeping him for long...He wont be on the team by June 27th.

Did Koufos really outplay your brother like that article suggests?
Not at all. Koufos actually got killed
laugh.gif

Where is that article from?

Edit:

It doesn't really matter if who got killed in Seattle.....Im 99.99% sure they taking Bayless

Have you heard anything about Juice or Brook Lopez?

Good.

Mayo would be the wrong choice to pair with KD and Jeff.

I know OJ is saying no to the smaller market teams...but if Minnesota takes Love at 3, I'm willing to bet that Memphis will take him at 5.

The Clippers also really like him, but that would mean the Knicks would say no...which Im hearing that they are starting to feel that way. I dont think you canthrow OJ in with those guards on that team and expect a good outcome.

Lopez could go to Minnesota, Memphis or the Bobcats......no way in hell he will go past New Jersey

When asked by DraftExpress.com about his status, Douglas-Roberts sounded confident.
"I've heard everything from around 13 to 24," he told the Web site. "I'm not really sure. I'm working out for teams all within that range. I'm even working out for the Nets, who are at 10 and 21, so I'm working out for everyone. These workouts will speak volumes. I really don't know where I'll wind up, but I know I'll end up somewhere.

I like how he says, "so I'm working out for everyone." Obviously you're not douche, you turned down some workouts (ones that happened tobe closer to where he would get drafted, too). I like how he mentions that he's working out for New Jersey who has "the 10 and 21 picks." Themhaving the 10 pick isn't relevant, you aren't touching the lottery. Sounds like he's a little full of himself. Anybody know what he's like?

I know OJ is saying no to the smaller market teams...but if Minnesota takes Love at 3, I'm willing to bet that Memphis will take him at 5.

The Clippers also really like him, but that would mean the Knicks would say no...which Im hearing that they are starting to feel that way. I dont think you can throw OJ in with those guards on that team and expect a good outcome.

Lopez could go to Minnesota, Memphis or the Bobcats......no way in hell he will go past New Jersey

Damn Kevin going to Minnesota would be a great fit and if OJ could pull a Steve Francis I will be ecstatic.
Edit: Where do you think Beasley will wind up if the Heat draft/trade him?

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

The Clippers also really like him, but that would mean the Knicks would say no...which Im hearing that they are starting to feel that way. I dont think you can throw OJ in with those guards on that team and expect a good outcome.

Damn Kevin going to Minnesota would be a great fit and if OJ could pull a Steve Francis I will be ecstatic.
Edit: Where do you think Beasley will wind up if the Heat draft/trade him?

Honestly, I have no idea....There are a lot of trades that are going to be made on draft night.

I know Miami and Memphis are in talks about swapping picks. So its a possibility there, and they might even move out of the lottery all together to pick upa vet.....NBA execs are down on Beasley after finally getting to meet and talk with the kid, seeing his media interviews in Orlando, getting the word back fromtheir private investigators.

I know Miami (aka Pat Riley) is hard shopping that pick...Pat Riley earlier in the week was watching OJ Mayo work out, and last night he went out to dinnerwith Kevin Love and went to a private workout today as well......

Damn Beasley is taking the L and your brother is really getting some good looks.
If the Heat could pry away one of those point guards from the Grizz and get the number 4 they would be in great position to even draft a big like Brook, Kevinor DeAndre Jordan.

from chad ford's last mock draft
I also wouldn't be surprised to see the Grizzlies try to move up to nab Michael Beasley. They have some pieces that could interest Miami -- namely a gunner in Mike Miller and a point guard in Kyle Lowry.
mm, lowry and #5 for #2 and blount (to make the figures work) sounds like a decent deal for both sides.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Again, just dumb on Miami's part.

I disagree.

Ive watched Beasley for a about 5 years....the kid was never on a winning team, underachieved, kicked out of school, everyone and their momma knows the kid
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
more than anyone on the planet (FYI he brought an ounce to the McDonalds AAgame), and has a big problem with authority. After teams send out private investigators to dig up dirt on him, they all find that out. Thats why Miamidoesn't want him, they know who he is.

Sure he seems funny, you see the kid on Youtube cracking jokes, but thats how he is ALL THE TIME (check his Orlando interviews)....he is one of the mostimmature kids I've ever known. Honestly, he is a 9 year old in a 20 year old body.
I know the kid is a phenom talent-wise...I love his game....but his head just isn't straight. No one knows whats gonna happen when you give thatkid $6 million.

My dude Justin Burrell dropped 30 on Beasley 2 years ago in Prep School. Just felt like throwing that out there
laugh.gif

Yah, but still that talent and the way he plays the game is too much to ignore. If he was a selfish player or a head case out on the court, I'd haveconcerns, but he's not...

Is OJ a winning player and a man of character, if that's who Riley wants? Idk..

Im sorry but Beasley may be immatue but he is 19. Give the kid a couple years and higher an older cat to basically be his mentor like Narron and Josh Hamiltonhave and it is worth it. The kid is a phenom and will dominate the league with his talent. The kid single handedly beat USC this year so I don't know whatyou are saying. And are you reall K. Love's brother?

I'm looking for the Grizzlies to make a deal with Miami as well. There have even been talks that the Grizzlies/Heat could do a deal where Memphis keepstheir 5th pick and still get the 2nd pick from Miami. I think it was something like Lowry/Miller/Warrick for 2nd pick/Blount/Banks. Not too sure on it, but itsa possibility. Just think if Memphis could get a combination of Beasley/Love, Beasley/Mayo or any combination basically with the 2nd and 5th pick. It wouldkinda make sense for the Heat because they give up a bad contract in Blount, and what would be the point of them wanting the 5th pick if Mayo may be gone.

^^^ I do not see Memphis getting the 2nd and keeping the 5th. More than likely Mayo will be available at 5 and will go to Miami if they make the deal withMemphis. I think Miami selects Beasley at 2(and ships him to Memphis) who will take Mayo at 5 and send him to Miami. Seattle could throw a wrench into theplans and take Mayo 4th, but from all accounts it appears they are dead set on taking Bayless.

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td] UPDATE:Miss. State's Gordon intends to stay in draft
6/4/2008 3:33:27 PM
Daily Journal

[/td] [td]
[table][tr][td]
msulogo.jpg
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]​
[/td] [/tr][/table]
By MIKE CRANSTON
The Associated Press

CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Jamont Gordon is ready for the NBA, even if he's not a first-round draft pick.

The Mississippi State guard said Wednesday that he'll likely stay in the draft even if he knows he'll slip into the second round and not receive a guaranteed contract.

"I'm pretty much in," Gordon said after a pre-draft workout with the Charlotte Bobcats. "If worst comes to worst and I have to go back, I'll go back."

Gordon declared for the draft in April but did not hire an agent, allowing him to withdraw from the draft by June 16 and return to school for his senior season. But Gordon seemed eager Wednesday to move on to the NBA, even if he has to try to fight for a roster spot as a second-round pick. First-round picks get guaranteed two-year contracts.

"I'll probably stay in. That would be all right with me," Gordon said. "I know I'll work hard and get me a (roster) spot."

Gordon said he has workouts scheduled with the Cleveland Cavaliers on Thursday and the Los Angeles Clippers Tuesday.

Gordon drew criticism for skipping last week's pre-draft camp in Orlando, wasting a chance to showcase his skills in front of representatives from every NBA team.

"Just me and a couple of my people decided I shouldn't go," Gordon explained. "They say it wasn't a big deal. I don't think it was a big deal that I wasn't there, but it seemed like it was. I just made a decision that I wasn't going to go down there. I just wanted to get ready for my workouts and everything."

While the 6-foot-4 Gordon averaged 17.2 points per game last season and was an all-Southeastern Conference selection, there are questions about whether he has the passing skills to be a point guard in the NBA. He's smaller than most shooting guards.

But Gordon said he learned a lot from new Bobcats coach Larry Brown, who ran Wednesday's workout, and is looking forward to proving himself.

"I think I'll be all right," Gordon said. "I didn't go to the (pre-draft camp) or nothing, but my workouts are going good. I think I'll still make it in that draft somewhere."

smh.gif
smh.gif

What the @#** Jamont
indifferent.gif
. That was really stupid.

I think TimCity was right about his academic issues...
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
CDR refusing workouts now?
Exactly what I said.
Im sorry but Beasley may be immatue but he is 19. Give the kid a couple years and higher an older cat to basically be his mentor like Narron and Josh Hamilton have and it is worth it. The kid is a phenom and will dominate the league with his talent. The kid single handedly beat USC this year so I don't know what you are saying. And are you reall K. Love's brother?
Single handedly beat a lot of teams this year...

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

I'm looking for the Grizzlies to make a deal with Miami as well. There have even been talks that the Grizzlies/Heat could do a deal where Memphis keeps their 5th pick and still get the 2nd pick from Miami. I think it was something like Lowry/Miller/Warrick for 2nd pick/Blount/Banks. Not too sure on it, but its a possibility. Just think if Memphis could get a combination of Beasley/Love, Beasley/Mayo or any combination basically with the 2nd and 5th pick. It would kinda make sense for the Heat because they give up a bad contract in Blount, and what would be the point of them wanting the 5th pick if Mayo may be gone.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

I'm looking for the Grizzlies to make a deal with Miami as well. There have even been talks that the Grizzlies/Heat could do a deal where Memphis keeps their 5th pick and still get the 2nd pick from Miami. I think it was something like Lowry/Miller/Warrick for 2nd pick/Blount/Banks. Not too sure on it, but its a possibility. Just think if Memphis could get a combination of Beasley/Love, Beasley/Mayo or any combination basically with the 2nd and 5th pick. It would kinda make sense for the Heat because they give up a bad contract in Blount, and what would be the point of them wanting the 5th pick if Mayo may be gone.

I'm sorry but that's a more biased trade than every Knicks trade that has been thought of here on this website. Why the hell would the Heat tradethe number 2 pick for another small foward, high energy player(paging Udonis Haslem) and a decent point guard? Blounts contract isn't that bad if Iremember I believe it expires in a year or 2. Marcus Banks' contract is atrocious though.

these trade scenarios just get worse and worse

some of yall must think riley is stupid

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by WILLINC

these trade scenarios just get worse and worse

some of yall must think riley is stupid

laugh.gif

He's as dumb as a doorknob if he thinks OJ Mayo is better fit for that team than Mike.

Back
Top Bottom