:: Official NBA Draft Thread - June 26, 7PM EST ::

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

About that Bulls trade I'd be for it but I don't even remember the Bulls working out OJ. That must have been a real "secret" workout.

Doubt they would take Mayo, whats the point of taking Rose then? while you have another 20 guards on your team?

Yeah, Bayless ain't a better pure scorer than Gordon, but I do think the potential with Bayless is higher than it is with Gordon...

Gordon was killin dudes early in the year, but to me he never looked like a PG... 6'3" shooting guards FTL.

The Nets/Yi
Rick Bucher just reported it. Still waiting on a link.

Maybe it's salary induced the RJ deal?

What's his contract look like/is he up for a new deal?
RJ has a big contract, thats part of a reason the Nets were looking to move him (because of the future or if their looking for a big move now).

08/09- A little over $13 mill
09/10- A little over $14 mill
10/11- $15 mill

the nets are definitely making their move for the italian by moving rj.

for dudes saying they could've got more, i think this is a pretty good deal. yi is gonna be a great player, better than rj will ever be, plus there's probably a pick headed to new jersey. if not, i still think it's a good trade on both sides.
The only reason im not knocking this trade now, & i've said it a couple times already, is im pretty sure we got something else planned. RJ> Yi Im not sold on him yet, he's still unproven & RJ gave a lot to this franchise & is still a great player. We'll see what happens though.

I am liking all the trades. Always fun to see people panic and do trades because they do not know who they want.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Originally Posted by dfresh244

Alright maybe not TEN times better. But I stand by my statement that he has much more potential. Bayless IMO is already a better scorer and has a better opportunity to become a full on PG than Gordon. Besides one is from PG U
wink.gif

I'll give you the potential to be a better point guard...but as far as flat out scoring you're out of your mind if you think Bayless is better. How many times you seen Gordon play honestly? Before the wrist injury dude was averaging 25

Sorry to interject, Gordon is too small to guard SGs like Kobe, TMac (kind of a SF), Wade...but he seems like he would be decent at the PG spot. Better tobe over-sized at PG than under-sized at SG. He needs to learn how to run a NBA team then, if that's the route a team wants to take.
But Gordon is #3 onmy Top 3 players who could be a bust (behind Joe Alexander and Robin Lopez), I wish him the best though because he was one of my favorite collegiate playersthis year

Hmm...

1 - Devin Harris
2 - Vince Carter
3 - Danilo Gallinari
4 - Yi Jianlian
5 - Sean Williams

That might the most athletic starting 5 in the whole league next to maybe ATL but there's a few softies in there...

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

Can we get an over/under on the # of days until Vince Carter demands a trade?

Why? That dude doesn't really care about winning.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Yeah, Bayless ain't a better pure scorer than Gordon, but I do think the potential with Bayless is higher than it is with Gordon...

Gordon was killin dudes early in the year, but to me he never looked like a PG... 6'3" shooting guards FTL.

That's basically what it comes down to. Gordon isn't going to play SG in the NBA.

( I bet you like this JB23)
From RealGM>>>>
03:07 PM: RUMOR: Memphis is in talks about a trade that would send the No. 5 pick to New Jersey for the No. 10 pick and a future first-round pick, according to ESPN.

Hmm...

1 - Devin Harris
2 - Vince Carter
3 - Danilo Gallinari
4 - Yi Jianlian
5 - Sean Williams

That might the most athletic starting 5 in the whole league next to maybe ATL but there's a few softies in there...

laugh.gif
60% of that lineup (don't know much about Gallinari...could be up to 80%) is about as tough as baby poo

03:07 PM: RUMOR: Memphis is in talks about a trade that would send the No. 5 pick to New Jersey for the No. 10 pick and a future first-round pick, according to ESPN.

pimp.gif
Good looks on that info.

I knew that wasn't then end of that. Lets see how this ends up.

Originally Posted by JPZx

( I bet you like this JB23)
From RealGM>>>>

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

NJ making power moves today.
pimp.gif

Alright maybe not TEN times better. But I stand by my statement that he has much more potential. Bayless IMO is already a better scorer and has a better opportunity to become a full on PG than Gordon. Besides one is from PG U
wink.gif

I'll give you the potential to be a better point guard...but as far as flat out scoring you're out of your mind if you think Bayless is better. How many times you seen Gordon play honestly? Before the wrist injury dude was averaging 25

Sorry to interject, Gordon is too small to guard SGs like Kobe, TMac (kind of a SF), Wade...but he seems like he would be decent at the PG spot. Better to be over-sized at PG than under-sized at SG. He needs to learn how to run a NBA team then, if that's the route a team wants to take.
But Gordon is #3 on my Top 3 players who could be a bust (behind Joe Alexander and Robin Lopez), I wish him the best though because he was one of my favorite collegiate players this year

Dude is virtually the same size as D-Wade...So, you feel the same way about Dwayne???

wink.gif

Sorry to interject, Gordon is too small to guard SGs like Kobe, TMac (kind of a SF), Wade...but he seems like he would be decent at the PG spot. Better to be over-sized at PG than under-sized at SG. He needs to learn how to run a NBA team then, if that's the route a team wants to take.
But Gordon is #3 on my Top 3 players who could be a bust (behind Joe Alexander and Robin Lopez), I wish him the best though because he was one of my favorite collegiate players this year

Gordon is only 6'3 but he's 222 pounds...he's certainly strong enough to hold his own against most. Wade is 6'4 and 212 pounds. If Gordonputs in the work to become a better defender and commits to it...he should have no problem defending the average 2 guard. If Monta Ellis can hold his own atthe 2 spot...Gordon can. He's not AS fast as Monta but he is explosive and strong.

Back
Top Bottom