:: Official NBA Draft Thread - June 26, 7PM EST ::

Originally Posted by JPZx

( I bet you like this JB23)
From RealGM>>>>
03:07 PM: RUMOR: Memphis is in talks about a trade that would send the No. 5 pick to New Jersey for the No. 10 pick and a future first-round pick, according to ESPN.

NJ moving ahead of us, too?!

That does it...

suicide9ur3pa.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Originally Posted by dfresh244

Alright maybe not TEN times better. But I stand by my statement that he has much more potential. Bayless IMO is already a better scorer and has a better opportunity to become a full on PG than Gordon. Besides one is from PG U
wink.gif

I'll give you the potential to be a better point guard...but as far as flat out scoring you're out of your mind if you think Bayless is better. How many times you seen Gordon play honestly? Before the wrist injury dude was averaging 25

Sorry to interject, Gordon is too small to guard SGs like Kobe, TMac (kind of a SF), Wade...but he seems like he would be decent at the PG spot. Better to be over-sized at PG than under-sized at SG. He needs to learn how to run a NBA team then, if that's the route a team wants to take.
But Gordon is #3 on my Top 3 players who could be a bust (behind Joe Alexander and Robin Lopez), I wish him the best though because he was one of my favorite collegiate players this year

Dude is virtually the same size as D-Wade...So, you feel the same way about Dwayne???

eek.gif
Forgot that Wade was only 6"4'...

You get what I mean though...he doesn't remind me of Wade much at all so it's different...I just don't see Gordon fitting into a position wellbecause of his height. I'd say PG, not SG for him

At 5, you get one of Bayless, OJ, or Love....

Is getting Love at 5 a good thing?
nerd.gif

I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin, if my "big" move is draftin a short, fat, white guy, ummmmmm

Originally Posted by CP1708

But who would NJ be going after at 5? Has to be someone specific right?

They want Gallinari and Thorn is convinced that we want him. But the Knicks don't need another three. We already have two that are overpaid andrelatively worthless (qrich and jeffries), one who can't score (balkman), and the small forward of the future (chandler).

From RealGM>>>>
03:07 PM: RUMOR: Memphis is in talks about a trade that would send the No. 5 pick to New Jersey for the No. 10 pick and a future first-round pick, according to ESPN.

That does it...
suicide9ur3pa.gif

Don't worry.
About a thing.
Cuz every little thing...
is gonna be alright.

Put trust in Donnie
For he will never lead us wrong...

This is my message to youuuu.

(Hideo)

Jersey has hinted some interest in some interviews of Eric Gordon & O.J.. I also wouldn't be surprised if we looked after Love, Bayless, or Lopez.

BTW I thought New Jersey felt strong about Gallinari
We were, but idk if we'll pick him up at 5. Thing with Jersey is, we've worked out & scouted a TON of players. So the interest ofcertain players has been right down the line.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

From RealGM>>>>

That does it...

suicide9ur3pa.gif

Maybe the rumor about the Knicks selecting that Italian kid is true and the Nets want him?

the jefferson deal is now done....just reported on espn and on mike and the mad dog

You go from Melo to the Chinese guy who hasn't proved anything. Nets are making a bad move here. I don't like RJ at all but he is better than YI.
This would mean they aren't taking the Italian.

BTW I thought New Jersey felt strong about Gallinari...do they feel he'll be gone before #10? Or are they looking to get a Bayless, Mayo type of player. Ifthat's the case, they probably are looking to move Vince..New Jersey looking to re-vamp the whole squad it looks like
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Word on the Street: Draft Day Rumblings (3:20 PM EST)

by: Jonathan Givony - President
June 26, 2008
-Stop by tonight, as we'll be showing each pick live as it happens on our draft board...the link is right here

Milwaukee and New Jersey Complete Trade?

Two NBA teams are telling us they hear that a trade is complete between Milwaukee and New Jersey. The Nets would send the Bucks Richard Jefferson in exchange for Yi Jianlian and Bobby Simmons. Milwaukee would fill the biggest need on their roster at the SF position, and may be free now to take the best player on their board--possibly Russell Westbrook.

Country Before Draft

Being the patriotic website we are, we will start with an exclusive look at the USA Select Team, courtesy of a "piece of paper we found on the floor," which just happens to have the entire roster, plus the alternates. This is the group of players which could possibly graduate onto the next crop of invites to the USA Men's Senior National Team, after the Olympics. The players will scrimmage against the senior team this summer to help them prepare for the Olympics in Beijing.

Point Guard: Rodney Stuckey, Derrick Rose
Shooting Guard: Kevin Martin
Small Forward: Andre Iguodala, Jeff Green
Power Forward: Al Horford, Kevin Durant
Center: LaMarcus Aldridge, Al Jefferson

Alternates: O.J. Mayo, Rajon Rondo, Kendrick Perkins, Monta Ellis, Devin Harris

Also invited were Brandon Roy, who will be resting this summer and finishing up his degree at the University of Washington, and David West, who wants to rest after an extremely long season. They will still be in the mix for the future.

Draft-Day Scuttlebutt

-Memphis is in the words of one NBA executive "doing everything in their power to trade their pick." The team doesn't have any real preference regarding where they are heading in, as they are "calling everybody in the league," looking to move up or down, trying to get veterans primarily, while also possibly trying to move down. One trade that they reportedly offered was Mike Conley to Portland in exchange for the #13 pick, Sergio Rodriguez and Travis Outlaw. Another offer was to Detroit: the #5 and filler for Rodney Stuckey, which was rejected. If Memphis keeps the pick, we're hearing they like Eric Gordon, as well as Kevin Love.

-Houston may trade out of the first round, according to reports we received from a team drafting in the 20's. If Courtney Lee is not available at their pick (25), they may trade down with Minnesota and acquire the #31 and #34 picks. They are also talking with other teams.

-Rumors that Houston will trade up to the 18th pick in exchange for Luther Head and the #25 have been called "completely false" by sources with knowledge of the situation. The Wizards like Roger Mason much more than Luther Head and don't consider him any kind of upgrade to what they have already.

There is "lots of interest in the #18 pick" though.

-Several teams indicated to us that their intel indicates that the LA Clippers have Eric Gordon ranked ahead of Jerryd Bayless on their board. Gordon's agent Rob Pelinka is reportedly telling teams that his client doesn't get past Memphis at 5 at worst. If Bayless slips past 7, he will likely be available with the 10th or 11th pick. This could indeed be all the Portland Trailblazers need to pull the trigger on the rumored trade sending the #13 pick to New Jersey plus a player for the #10 pick. The Trailblazers have been high on Bayless all season long.

-Making things even more interesting are the rumors that the New Jersey Nets have Anthony Randolph ranked first amongst all realistic available prospects on their board. If Bayless and Augustin get to 10, then New Jersey could easily swap picks with Portland, pick up a player like Jarrett Jack, and still land Randolph at 13. Bayless would go 11 to Indiana in that scenario, while Sacramento would celebrate as D.J. Augustin miraculously fell to them at 12.

If Portland keeps the pick, we hear they like Donte Greene as the perfect replacement to James Jones, who just opted out of his contract.

-At 9, there appears to be a split in Charlotte's front office regarding whether to take Russell Westbrook (if he's there) or D.J. Augustin. Head coach Larry Brown apparently favors Augustin, while part-owner Michael Jordan reportedly likes Westbrook. Look for Jordan to win this one. Westbrook has a chance to go 4, 5, or 6, and doesn't get past 9 according to his camp.

-Most teams we talk to are indicating that they don't anticipate any trades happening at the top of the draft, and that all the talk about Michael Beasley slipping past Miami are nothing more than "smoke and mirrors" in the words of one executive. We're still waiting to hear if Minnesota will be O.J. Mayo's final destination as anticipated. Multiple teams told us that Kevin Love has a minor issue that came up in a physical with his knee, which is not expected to affect his draft stock or ability to play in the short or long-term. A text message sent to his agent about this issue was not returned.

-There appear to be a great deal of rumors being discussed about Darrell Arthur's health, both in the lead up to this draft and today. He was reported to have a problem with his back and then his hamstring-which sidelined him for about a week during workouts. Those were minor issues. There were also media reports that Arthur has a kidney problem, which his camp has denied, and was also refuted by an NBA team we spoke with that tested him. The latest talk is that he may have a minor stress fracture in his knee that does not require surgery, but that he has not had an issue playing with. This is not a huge issue according to multiple teams we talked to. An email sent to a member of his camp about this issue was not immediately returned.

-Nicolas Batum will almost certainly get drafted by San Antonio if he's there, as we reported last night. The Cleveland Cavaliers and Spurs are still the only teams that have his physical, and the two are reportedly in cahoots with each other to help keep it away from the rest of the league. The top of Cleveland's front office is made up of two former Spurs execs-Danny Ferry and Lance Blanks, so the connection here is pretty obvious.

Originally Posted by CP1708

At 5, you get one of Bayless, OJ, or Love....

Is getting Love at 5 a good thing?
nerd.gif

I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin, if my "big" move is draftin a short, fat, white guy, ummmmmm

How is he short? He's not fat (dude lost mad weight)/

Fact is, if you're NJ, and you want K. Love, go get him.....Do what you have to do...

Na I think they jsut wanted to trade RJ after he beat up that guy in the bar or whatever. I don't think they'll be making anymore major moves. Vince isgonna stay put, they need a superstar to go into Brooklyn. Of course when they get there Vince will be retired.

i think Love will be a good pick, he has lost some weight. Dude has good footwork and will probably be a little quicker now.

Any draft day trades the Bulls make will not involve Ben Gordon. He is a restricted free agent, and cannot begin negotiations until July 1st. Same goes withLuol Deng.

And again, I severely doubt that Kirk Hinrich and Tyrus Thomas get traded for O.J. Mayo.

-At 9, there appears to be a split in Charlotte's front office regarding whether to take Russell Westbrook (if he's there) or D.J. Augustin. Head coach Larry Brown apparently favors Augustin, while part-owner Michael Jordan reportedly likes Westbrook. Look for Jordan to win this one. Westbrook has a chance to go 4, 5, or 6, and doesn't get past 9 according to his camp.
laugh.gif

MJ Strikes again....How's that Adam Morrison over Rudy Gay working for ya MJ???

-Houston may trade out of the first round, according to reports we received from a team drafting in the 20's. If Courtney Lee is not available at their pick (25), they may trade down with Minnesota and acquire the #31 and #34 picks. They are also talking with other teams.
Very nice, we were looking to package our #34 and #31 to get another pick in the 1st Round, looks like Houston could be the one who completes thedeal
pimp.gif

Na I think they jsut wanted to trade RJ after he beat up that guy in the bar or whatever.
Thats not true. Rmors have circled RJ since last offseason & as soon as this one began. You don't let a star player go after a littleincident in a bar.

Article--

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/news/story?id=3462210

[h1]Sources: Nets agree to trade Jefferson to Bucks for Yi, Simmons[/h1]
By Marc Stein
ESPN.com
(Archive)

Updated: June 26, 2008, 3:21 PM ET

The New Jersey Nets and Milwaukee Bucks are on the verge of a trade that will send Richard Jefferson to the Bucks for forwards Yi Jianlian and Bobby Simmons, according to NBA front-office sources.

4284.jpg

Yi

3523.jpg

Jefferson

3551.jpg

Simmons

Sources told ESPN.com that the deal has been agreed to and submitted for league approval in advance of Thursday night's draft. No draft picks are involved in the trade, sources said.

Such a swap would create an estimated $10-plus million in long-term savings for the Nets as they continue to re-shape their team after trading another mainstay -- point guard Jason Kidd -- to Dallas in February.

The trade would also enable Yi to make a move to the larger media market he was hoping for this time last year, when Milwaukee drafted him out of China with the sixth overall pick. Kiki Vandeweghe, New Jersey's new general manager alongside team president Rod Thorn, is a longstanding Yi fan who has frequently likened the 7-footer's perimeter skills and potential to Dallas Mavericks forward Dirk Nowitzki.

The Bucks, meanwhile, would be supplying new coach Scott Skiles with a veteran player coming off his best season to fill a problem position. Jefferson averaged 22.7 points per game last season and played all 82 games after an injury-plagued 2006-07 season.

Marc Stein is the senior NBA writer for ESPN.com. To e-mail him, click here.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

You go from Melo to the Chinese guy who hasn't proved anything. Nets are making a bad move here. I don't like RJ at all but he is better than YI. This would mean they aren't taking the Italian.

I said:
yi is gonna be a great player
meaning sometime in the future. i don't even like this guy, i'm just saying that i think that he's gonna be a better player than richjeff. simple as that. now, rj is a better player, but in due time, it'll be the opposite.

It'd be nice if NJ just moved ahead of us to snatch up Gallinari (sp?). I'm just on edge today. I don't remember the last time something wentright, so I've pretty much already came to the conclusion that there will be another blunder today.

Yi honestly didn't do as a bad as I thought he would last season...he showed flashes and then hit the rookie wall. I like his skill set but he's stillgot a lot of question marks.

laugh.gif

MJ Strikes again....How's that Adam Morrison over Rudy Gay working for ya MJ???

laugh.gif
MJ need to sit his @** down!!!!

It'd be nice if NJ just moved ahead of us to snatch up Gallinari (sp?). I'm just on edge today. I don't remember the last time something went right, so I've pretty much already came to the conclusion that there will be another blunder today.
HTTB, Im sure though if you want DJ, you guys would still get him at 6. Nets never really expressed any interest in him, but have done so with theother smaller guards in the draft. Who else are you guys interested in besides DJ?
nerd.gif

meaning sometime in the future. i don't even like this guy, i'm just saying that i think that he's gonna be a better player than rich jeff. simple as that. now, rj is a better player, but in due time, it'll be the opposite.

I dunno, thats tough to say. RJ has proven himself at the SF position & done a lot for us, Yi hasn't proven himself, but he does have a brightfuture. In my case, I hope you're right.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Na I think they jsut wanted to trade RJ after he beat up that guy in the bar or whatever.
Thats not true. Rmors have circled RJ since last offseason & as soon as this one began. You don't let a star player go after a little incident in a bar.

With the Nets willing to dump off RJ for Odom, I was always under the impression new Jeresey was doing what it had to to set itself up for the year Lebron is aFA (its either this one or next year right)? and RJ's salary was large and didn't it exced that summer by 1 year?

So NJ dumps their highest paid player, and I'm pretty sure that Vince will come off the books before the James FA summer season.....

so my impression anyways was that they dump RJ, dump Carter's contract, have a good young quick PG with LBJ23 (harris locked up 4 years i think?), thenthey threw a bunch of money at LBJ23 and Bosh to come to NY (since I'm assuming its moved by then).

that could be completely wrong, I haven't looked at the Net's Salary situation, but I would only imagine they want to make sure they basically have apayroll's like Memphis's the season Bron is a FA

the nets really did this trade mostly because simmons contract expires in 2010....they want expiring contracts

lebron, wade, and bosh are free agents in 2010

I thought the same thing when I read about the clash between Larry and MJ. Don't let MJ decide!
laugh.gif

Kwame Brown, Adam Morrison...

Son does not have a great track record.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom